catfishhunter

Meet Evans the Atom, who will end the world on Wednesday

The great thing is, if the world does implode up it's own arse, we wont be around to now about it.
So I say BRING IT ON:)

This is my attitude, basically. what is there to worry about if we all suddenly wink out of existence?:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Lucky your ok unless it is going to take you 4 years to complete AFF. The end of the world will be 4 years from now (thats the reference to the Mayan 2012 prophecy)

silly silly silly....:P

NOBODY except one person knows when the world will end and it dang sure aint some fruity evolution minded scientist nit wit, nor some extinct indian tribe...

I am so suprised this thread hasn't been moved to SC yet....:S:D

This has quite possibly be the craziest crap I have ever read (entire thread)....

Just to be clear I DIDN'T write that. Just thought it interesting :D I think we are way to arrogant to think we can harm the earth. The earth will take care of it's self and shake us off when it gets tired of us just as all the other civilazations that annoyed it.:D

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Lucky your ok unless it is going to take you 4 years to complete AFF. The end of the world will be 4 years from now (thats the reference to the Mayan 2012 prophecy)

silly silly silly....:P

NOBODY except one person knows when the world will end and it dang sure aint some fruity evolution minded scientist nit wit, nor some extinct indian tribe...

I am so suprised this thread hasn't been moved to SC yet....:S:D

This has quite possibly be the craziest crap I have ever read (entire thread)....

Just to be clear I DIDN'T write that. Just thought it interesting :D I think we are way to arrogant to think we can harm the earth. The earth will take care of it's self and shake us off when it gets tired of us just as all the other civilazations that annoyed it.:D

EXACTLY!!!!!;):)

I give up. Is it the Vogon contractor employed by the Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council? ;)
I was talking to this odd little dude called Ford somthing, he suggests, that forward planning might not be smart right now.:)

Price we pay for living in a Plural sector[:/]
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I give up. Is it the Vogon contractor employed by the Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council? ;)

No its the zackadeedodah contractor employed by the Sub Galatic superhyperspace planning committee....:S

Wow. Minus a million points for comprehension of literary references!

But seriously, who?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Inspired: 'Evans the Atom' at school in Wales in 1962

‘I was more interested in chemistry than physics when I was young,’ he said. ‘I had a number of chemistry sets. Like everybody, I used to make explosives. I even blew the fuses of the whole house a few times.’ His interest in physics grew at his boys-only grammar school, where lessons had an added attraction because they were attended by girls bussed in from a nearby school that lacked a physics teacher.

Hmmm - sounds exactly like me in 1962. I guess he's right when he says "like everybody".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I just found a real gem. THIS was created by Katherine McAlpine a science writer working at CERN.

In any event, yeah, it's on, but when do they actually collide the particles?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I think it'd be cool if they made accidental discoveries that prompted a 'research race' - kind of like the space race of the 60's and 70's....It would be cool to have the might of the US and Europe competing in a race for discovery and scientific advancement.

Of course, given the current state of things, for this to happen any discovery would likely have to be one of a very destructive/potentially weaponizable variety [:/]

I just found a real gem. THIS was created by Katherine McAlpine a science writer working at CERN.

They already did. The time continum has been looped now and we are going to spend forever in an endless time loop.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think it'd be cool if they made accidental discoveries that prompted a 'research race' - kind of like the space race of the 60's and 70's....It would be cool to have the might of the US and Europe competing in a race for discovery and scientific advancement.

Of course, given the current state of things, for this to happen any discovery would likely have to be one of a very destructive/potentially weaponizable variety [:/]

Just about ANYTHING can be used as a weapon though . . . But lets not throw this into SC . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

They already did. The time continum has been looped now and we are going to spend forever in an endless time loop.

Hurray, just like Stargate! I get to kiss Carter first!

From an interview with former D-Ream keyboardist, they will send 2 particles down the line in opposite directions this week, but at different times (check runs).
Next week they will send 2 in opposite directions simultaneously and get them to collide.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sure, maybe you think it's crazy crap, but Fox News had an animation of the world being devoured by a black hole when they reported the story this morning. How could they have an animated demonstration of the event if it wasn't going to happen? I'm so sure Fox News isn't bluffing that I'm going to get 45 new credit cards and max 'em out on booze and broads, cause the world will end before I have to pay 'em back. And if the world doesn't end, I'm going to get Lawrocket to sue Fox and make them pay for my credit cards. So either way, I win.
You don't have to outrun the bear.