Ragnarok

Want a helmet - too many choices....

Ok, so what would you get?

I am looking at the Havoc by bonehead. I like that it has a thermal fit and I can wear my glasses AND it has a tilt-up faceplate, not just the visor. I figure I can remove the faceplate for an openface helmet, or just the visor for those nice warm days. I am not worried about price so much, but I want to spend my money well. Any thoughts and suggestions (to include where to get a great price) would be appreciated.

If I am lucky, I am 3 jumps away from an A license. This is the last thing I need to complete my gear set.

Thanks,
Steve

... dunno, its basically up to you.

I've always worn a ProTec & goggles because I too wear glasses and its a pain finding a full-face that you can get your glasses on underneath... a lot of times you wind-up picking a pair of glasses that will fit under a full-face is what I've seen other folks too.

One cool thing about a ProTec... I've never worried about dropping & scratching it... ;)

If you want a fullface, think about a Bonehead Mamba instead. IMO it's the best fullface helmet on the market. Can't say for sure if your glasses will fit under or not, but in most cases they do with flip-up visor helmets (unless you're sporting some gigantic specs). I believe they're cheaper than the Havoc, smaller, lighter, and way less dorky looking.

Canuck

Me in glasses. First is straight on, the next is the profile. I read all the reviews on the Havoc in the reviews section, and have to say, I do think it will be the best choice. Now, I just have to find the best price......

lol, nice picture (the first one), but was it the one you wanted to post, cuz there is no glasses :D:D

Guns are awsome. B|

I too was looking at the Havok, however could not find a place that sold them... Ended up never getting a full face, I actually just jump without glasses most (all) of the time, but I've seen people wear glasses under the huge plastic goggles that look Like the cheap $5 wrap arounds, but just much bigger, huge, look funny :D...

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Paragear offers one called the FreeZr, and I think people like it cause it has eyeglass room, and it's very well built.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I started with a motorcylce helmet in 1980. Went to a protec and then a frap hat. Still wear a protec when I want protection and a frap hat when I want an audible holder.;) I've been looking and trying helmets for 10 years or so and still haven't found one I like much. Full face is like watching the skydive through a window. Many don't fit my noggin very well.

At your level I'd stick with a Protec so you can see and hear what's going on around as well as possible. This will let you learn as much as possible. Feeling the wind, hear the canopy deployment, hearing and feeling changes while flying and landing your canopy. These are all important imputs while gaining experience. Also it help to be able to see the other jumpers eys. I hate jumping with some one with dark goggles or a full face I can't see into very easy. It also actually offers some protection unlike a lot of the fabric lined shells out there. Cheap, ready to go. Then take your time trying helmets and looking around. A helmet is one thing you can't buy with out trying on and hopefully jumping. I wear a chest mount altimeter most of the time and with some helmet I pretty much can't see it!:o

Plenty of time to figure out what you want beside a protec, if anything.B|

Also for even better padding Oregon Aero sells upgraded inserts for protecs, and now I see for other helmet also. Might make a carbon shell actually useful. http://www.oregonaero.com/p77_2001.html I got a set for a protec that I have cameras on.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Your glasses are fairly low profile and your head should fit most full face helmets.

Go to Boneheads site at www.boneheadcomposites.com

They also offer the Mamba which has a lower profile than the Havoc, which is a bit bulky. I have had better customer feedback for the Mamba vs. the Havoc.

Then again. Judging by the first pic, you look a bit intimidating. The Havoc could enhance that look for ya! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Paragear offers one called the FreeZr, and I think people like it cause it has eyeglass room, and it's very well built.

That's the one I like...and would offer as a suggestion.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Ok, so what would you get?

I am looking at the Havoc by bonehead. I like that it has a thermal fit and I can wear my glasses AND it has a tilt-up faceplate, not just the visor. I figure I can remove the faceplate for an openface helmet, or just the visor for those nice warm days. I am not worried about price so much, but I want to spend my money well. Any thoughts and suggestions (to include where to get a great price) would be appreciated.

If I am lucky, I am 3 jumps away from an A license. This is the last thing I need to complete my gear set.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi, I too am a glass wearer and have a largish head to boot. The Havok in XXL size is the olny helmet I found that could fit my head comfortably and let me wear my regular glasses. The downside is it is rather bulkier then other brands because of the flip-up faceplate, but if that is not a problem for you the flip-up faceplate is definitely a big comfort bonus during the ride to alti in those hot summer months!
And yes, it also gives you a badass look B|

Ciao.

Vale

Argh! First pic should have been me with glasses on......sorry - I should have checked it twice.

I still like the Havoc. At my level. Yea, I agree - I can remove the faceplate, but it is getting cold (Missouri) and I want to lose the windburn.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Now I just need to get it on the list for Santa.....

You will definately not have a problem wearing your glasses under a havok. I bought a havok basically because i liked the look of it, never thinking i would be comfortable wearing my glasses with a full face and was pleasently surprised.

Some people think it looks a bit dorky but i love it, I must admit it is a little bigger than most helmets but for the extra comfort and Darth Vader style its worth it!