hcsvader

Opening the Door

Whenever Im out with a girl I always open the car door for her. They always appreciate it and many of them say that other guys never do this. So I ask a few of my buddies if they ever open the car door for thier girlfriends/dates. They all say no.

Honestly guys, this kind of thing can go along way with the ladies.

AND It gives you the opportunity to fart while you walk around to the other side of the car!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I open my own car door, I feel silly sitting there while he walks around the car to "let me out"... however, If I am in the company of a man (be it my boyfriend or just a friend), I always let him open doors (resturant etc..) for me. I am all for respect... I try to always give due respect and also expect the same. ;)

Just realize the expectations you're establishing.
;)

Very good point. My ex actually pointed out to me that she knew I was going to break up with her because I stopped doing that and other little things.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

So I have to pay for dinner AND open the door?! Whatever happened to women wanting to be treated equally? Life has turned into a buffet. People choose to take the good stuff but leave the bad stuff behind. It's like religious people that have sex before marriage. "Oh I love god but this whole premarital sex is a sin thing, i don't like that so I'll just forget about that rule."

To me its not so much about being or not being an equal. I am a very independent girl, but some things like holding the door before we go into a resturant, shows me respect and love...it is one of those "little things". I also do a lot of little things for my boyfriend to show him in turn that I respect him and love him. Not becuase he can't do it, but becuase I had the time, and didn't mind....;)

So I have to pay for dinner AND open the door?!

When you open the door for her, she walks in front of you. When she walks in front of you, you can check out her ... outfit, yeah that's it, her outfit. :)
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

So I have to pay for dinner AND open the door?! Whatever happened to women wanting to be treated equally?

Things should be equal. When I was single and dating I was adamant about keeping things equal. If I ask you out, I pay. If you ask me out, you pay. If, after a time, we continue to go out, I'll pay half or all of it and you pay half or all of it - just as long as it works out even in the end.

Holding doors doesn't go under equality, it goes under politeness. If I get to the door first, I'll hold it open for my husband or a date when I was single or any other man I happen to be with. My dad and I have actually gotten into tugging matches over doors - just for shits and giggles. I always let him win. Eventually. After I yell at him (for the benefit of the gawkers at the restaurant, convenience store or wherever we happen to be) "But you're the one who raised me to be independent!!"

Equality comes in, with regards to doors and such, when it is expected and when a woman whines when it doesn't happen. On the flip side, I can not stand it when a guy has a problem with a woman holding a door open for him; that's equality as well.

I dated a guy for a year or so who didn't have a car and I did. Whenever we would go somewhere that required driving, I would always open the car door for him. I never thought much of it - not like I was trying to prove anything to him, it just seemed like the right thing to do. He thought it was funny and nice. He's still one of my closest friends and I still drive him places and I still open the car door for him.

Only when he gets in, though. Getting out is up to him.
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

When you open the door for her, she walks in front of you. When she walks in front of you, you can check out her ... outfit, yeah that's it, her outfit.

Don't forget - if you open the car door for her to get in, depending on the type of car, and she doesn't know how to properly get into or out of a car and is wearing a short skirt...

Well... You can fill in the rest.

:ph34r:
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

Nope never and never would.

Holding a door open for someone, anyone is just plain good manners but (if they are capable of doing so for themselves) having them wait for me to open a door especially for them is patronising.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Getting out of the car. No. It's not that difficult.:D

It is when there are child locks. :$

...and I am SOOOO guilty of whimpering at the door cuz of those suckers!!! :)

Geez, I left the windows cracked for ya... :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

It is when there are child locks. :$

...and I am SOOOO guilty of whimpering at the door cuz of those suckers!!! :)

Geez, I left the windows cracked for ya... :P

:D~ and that, folks, is the mark of a true gentleman!!
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I had a 1980 cadillac coupe deville a few years ago. The handle on the inside of the passenger door had broken off. To make thing even more interesting the doors locked automatcally when you put it into gear. They made a very loud clud when they locked. Also the passenger lock wouldnt disengage when you put it back into park.

So to let my passenger out I Would have to get out and unlock the door and open it for them.

I always wondered if girls were a little freaked out by this when we drove that car... MAHahaha:ph34r::ph34r:
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)