LadiDadi

Question for the men

Anyone know of a place - or if it's even possible - to get a suit, a nice one like a basic, simple tuxedo, in a couple of hours?

Do any department stores do that? Men's Warehouse? Can you even buy a suit 'off the rack'? I'm under the assumption that all suits are tailored so this won't be possible. Am I wrong?

Help! Husband must have one tonight and just discovered that the only suit he owns has moth holes in it.
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

J.C Pennys.... damn near buy a suit off the rack that doesn't look cheap. Call ahead to make sure a tailor will be available; most guys will need something done depending on their build (pants hemmed, jacket collar, etc...). ...hopefully he can find something on the rack. If needed, be ready to drop some cash to get the tailor in on a Sat afternoon.

Good luck
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

He's very narrow in the torso (if that makes any sense). 5'10" and about 140 pounds. The suit he has - the moth eaten one - makes him look like he's a kid playing dress-up. I can hem the pants no problem but I can't tailor a jacket. Stores stock suit jackets in a wide variety of sizes? Good to know. We're jeans and t-shirt folks so we don't know these things. Suits are for weddings and funerals. Unfortunately this isn't a wedding... :(

I can't figure out a way to say this that doesn't make me sound like a bitch but money isn't an issue, time is. I guess we'll have to make a trip to the most frightening place on Earth... The mall. *shudder*

I was hoping this had something to do with sex :(

Me too. Oh well. Try Men's Wearhouse. They did me good a few years back. Only thing I needed was pants length, and I'm 5'10", 150#
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I was hoping this had something to do with sex

Sorry you two. I'll try to come up with something sex related at a later time.

Thanks everyone! You've all been a big help - even if it is just getting me focused on what to do and where to go.

Add to that the fact that I need a dress as well. Neither of us are 'shoppers' and I would rather face a firing squad than go to a mall and husband is demanding a valium before we go. Oh yeah. This should be fun.

Oh.... you never said that you BOTH need gear.... go as a pantomime horse... you choose front or back

To a funeral?!? You sick bastard!!! :P

Thing is, our friend would love that. His family on the other hand... :D

:$:)

Note to self : Oh I just have to have that put in my will now... All my mates in costume

At my funeral they only need the back part of the horse... :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

It only took a couple of hours to get an Orange jumpsuit!

It had "County Jail" stamped on the back but if you don't turn your back, nobody would ever know.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'll second the JC Penny idea - I got a nice black Claiborne suit there a couple of years ago for less than $200. This was off the rack, and they had tuxedo jackets and pants as well, so no waiting for pants.

They usually have racks and racks of jackets, next to racks and racks of slacks. :S

T.I.N.S.

We ended up at Men's Warehouse and got him a great Calvin Klein basic tux (without the satin stripes and such). They were great there. Hemmed the pants in about 20 minutes and sent us off with the jacket and shirt with the invitation to bring them both back for some slight tailoring. His arms are wider than his chest and waist so things need to be tapered a bit so he doesn't look like a well dressed plank.

The guy at the store even folded the 'pocket silk' for us in his favorite fold and showed us his favorite trick - paper clip the silk after it is folded to a business card so that it stays in the pocket at the right height. Nifty.

Thanks everyone for all your help!!!

:$:)

Note to self : Oh I just have to have that put in my will now... All my mates in costume

At my funeral they only need the back part of the horse... :P

You aint the only one...:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.