Thanatos340

Do you look and feel your age?

Actual age: 21 (tomorrow!!!)
How old I feel: 30
How old I look: 13

Basically, I have a 4 month daughter and a 10 month old marriage to my darling 25 year old husband. However, I am only 4 foot 9 inches, putting me at least the average height of a 6th grader!

People peg me at 13-14 when I'm out alone, if the baby is with me I would wager they think I'm 15.. When I am with my husband hopefully it boosts to my actual age! Haha... Oh people! Silly, silly people!
\\>

When I am with my husband hopefully it boosts to my actual age! Haha... Oh people! Silly, silly people!

No it just makes Shermie look like 'that' creepy old guy:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When I was 32, I found my first gray hair.
I was complaining about it and a friend told me,
"I have been losing hair since I was 25. Gray hair is better than no hair." It hasn't bothered me since and I don't color it.

I am old, I look old, I feel old - but I am ok with it.
It's kind of nice not having all the concerns of youth.

I act like my friends, who are my age.
However, my friends make a poor yardstick for behavior because most are idiots who would do anything for a laugh
(and we have).

Krisanne, I always had you pegged for my age--28!!!

The gray hairs that are popping up in increasing number would indicate otherwise. Since I have dirty blonde hair, it just kind of makes my hair look washed out ... still, I'm thinking it might be time to start coloring again. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Actual Age: 18
Age I feel: 18
Age I look: 15 apparently...I got carded for a PG13 movie a few months ago...i didn't even know that was possible...
Age I act: Depends...not lower than 12...but i still giggle at the word fart!:P

edit to add age i act

Take risks not to to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping.

Actual: 43
How old I look: usually mid-30's
How old I feel: sometimes more than my age!
How I act: depends on the day. I'm usually in "mom" mode, but I did overhear my daughter tell someone that I'm goofy on the weekends. :ph34r:

Why do feel like asking "Permission to speak freely, MAM?"
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Well. I'm 51, still in pretty good shape.

How old do I look? Wow, depends on the lighting.:D

How old do I act?

I act like me, a smart ass skydiving air traffic controller. I get a kick out of life, people, new places and things. Is that something that changes with age? I hope not. I want to love life for the rest of mine. :)

Whats a mall? :D

A very, very scary place.

What happens there?

Teenagers everywhere flippin' their hair, women fighting over bargains, men sittin' on benches bitching.

Bad, bad place. :D

Men bitching? Nope, that's DZ.com ... the rest of that stuff I have not witnessed .....
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

I have read through all the post and Some of you people have image dismorphia

As much as it pains me to admit it.. I agree.
Amazing how distorted our own self perceptions can be.[:/]

And like airathanas said, This may help clarify some of the behavior at the DZ. Many of us think we look much younger than we do.

That and we are all usually told we look younger than we actually do by others because that is the polite thing and we want to believe them.

This may help clarify some of the behavior at the DZ. Many of us think we look much younger than we do.

Acting your "age" is not the right thing to do. Should a 70 YO not climb mountains? Should a 50 YO not base jump? Does an 80 YO have any business skiing? I've known people in their 20's who act like they have one foot in the f-ing grave. No thanks, not for me. If we act excited and energetic and full of life, that is because we are. I don't have hair plugs or a face lift, I don't dye my gray hairs or hit on 20 year olds, but I'll be damned if I'll live my life in a rocking chair just because that's what some idiot thinks is "my age." :P They can kiss my saggy ass. :D:D

Actual Age - 24
How old I feel - 30
How old I look - 28-30 per average guess.

How old I act is a different case. Depends on the day, sometimes my age, sometimes older than I feel... maybe the reason I feel so old.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

A read thru the thread indicates at least the simple majority think they act and look, and also feel, younger than their age.

Could be the influence of attributes relatively common to skydivers; but I think that it is a pretty universal thing.

Perceptions change pretty universally with age. Not many teens are going to be fooled into thinking a 30-something person is their peer. Guaranteed, if you are 30-something, you look it and act it to a teen.

A person may be 35 and feel young at heart, and you may be that; but to a teen you are an oldster.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

The flip side is that a teen isn't going to pass himself off as someone in his 20s to anyone over 25 or 30 even if he (or she) "thinks" he looks and acts "old" or "mature" for his age.

And honestly, the older I get, the younger "young" people look to me. Doctors in the ER look like high school kids, etc ................

I'll smile and accept the compliment if someone acts surprised at my actual age or tells me I look much younger, but I don't put too much stock in it just the same.

Here's a reality check though- they can calculate your "metabolic age" at my gym- THAT was depressing! I had that done about a year ago, but never had them do it a second time. Here I was thinking I was in OK shape, "young" for my age, etc. NOPE! According to those results, my metabolic age was about 7 years OLDER than I actually am, and with hard work - diet and exercise - I might be able to shave 5 years off my "actual age"!