Tuna-Salad

To Pull not to pull

So this asshole who lives in my neighborhood has one of the riced up cars with the obligitory fart can which is all fine and good... but for the last 2 months he rides through in low gear at high rpm with the sole purpose of making noise and getting attention. Fine, but the guy does it at all hours, 8pm 8am 4am etc. It is bad when you can hear someone coming 2 blocks away at all hours and the guy knows what he is doing. So I'm thinking of pulling some valve stems on his tires to put him out of comission for a little while and hopefully get some peace and quiet. Kicking his ass would be all fine and good too but I would rather have vandalism charges than assault if caught. So should I do it, or not. In a way I think that the surrounding community as a whole would be very pleased. Otherwise I don't really know what to do, the guy is a punk so talking to him about it would probably only make it worse.
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

In a way I think that the surrounding community as a whole would be very pleased. Otherwise I don't really know what to do, the guy is a punk so talking to him about it would probably only make it worse

Then why don't the surrounding community do something about it? There are laws that govern how loud an automobile can be. File a complaint with P.D. or S.O. get a case number, let the law work in due course. You should not take the matter in your own hands, that's what Law Enforcement is for. Vigilantie Justice is not looked on favorably by the courts, or Law Enforcement.

I'm thinking of pulling some valve stems on his tires to put him out of comission for a little while and hopefully get some peace and quiet. Kicking his ass would be all fine and good too but I would rather have vandalism charges than assault if caught. So should I do it, or not.

If you pulled this stunt i can guarentee the probability for physical violence wiould escalate by minimum of 100% That's not the way mate.

You mentioned the guy is a punk, have you extended your hand in friendship as of yet?
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I say talk to him first. Assuming that he will be unreasonable is ignorance on your part. Violence has its place and it usually comes after diplomacy. Fucking with a mans car, on the other hand, esspecially behind his back like a rat is an immarure and cowardly move. If you don't feel like the ligitimate way to handle this situation will be of any help (and I tend to agree) then confront the guy face to face and let him know where he stands. I'll take assault over vandalism any day.. esspecially since there's much more room for litigious bs to help your case (self defense ect)

silent diplomacy sometimes works ;)

put it in writing: type out the problem and your request

then place it on his windshield, wetting the paper will make it difficult to remove

after a couple of these, if there is no change in behavior just shove a potato in the tail pipe

Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

I'm thinking of pulling some valve stems on his tires to put him out of comission for a little while

A little while? What, like a couple of hours? Punk or not, this guy still needs to get from point A to point B, and I figure that he'll have his tires fixed the same day.

I vote for the note on the windshield. Be nice, and see if he can notch it up a gear while in the neighborhood. Maybe even leave a second note (not as nice) if he doesn't comply.

If that fails, take care of the problem directly at the source. Get a can of that expanding foam house insulation, and insert the nozzle directly into the 'fart can' muffler. Dispense the product.

I suggest doing this at night, so the foam has time to expand, and dry before he tries to drive the car.

There was a pizza place a few doors down from me who hired a delivery driver with the same fart can muffler, and dumbshit attitude. I came up with the expanding foam idea after a few weeks of putting up with the noise. He stopped working there before I could put the plan into action, but I really think this is the way to deal with this sort of problem.

Twoply has another solution. He stands in his driveway, and throws a rake into the street in front the offending party.

after a couple of these, if there is no change in behavior just shove a potato in the tail pipe

But you will need a couple of friends to help hold hold him down.:P

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

Someone in that neighborhood has probably already started shit with him. There's two sides to this, pull the valve stems and you can expect to hear his buddies cars racing around the neighborhood too. Talk to him and when that doesn't work, pull the stems. Of course now he knows its you who pulled them, and if he is a true asshole then you better have laminated windows.

Here's a better idea, stick the silencer back in the muffler while hes sleeping.

Step 1: Talk to him; Either in person, or by a note on his door or car. The note has the advantage on anonymity.

If he is incapable of understanding Step 1, then go on to Step 2.

Step 2: Call the local PD.

I once had an idiot in the next door apartment who would crank his stereo up so loud the dishes in my kitchen cabinets would be rattling.

Step 1: Knocked on his door. Instead of answering it, he just yelled "FUCK YOU!" through the closed door.

Step 2: Called the local PD.

The next time I saw him was two days later as he was moving out, after the PD had talked to him and the apartment management.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I had this same problem except that my road near my house is a 1/4 mile straightaway and the fuckers use to drag race on it......Whats funny is the fact that these guys think their cars are hot

BWAAAHHHH anyone from the generation of big blocks with two carbs and maybe a blower and a manual-automatic racing trans knows the difference- ask him to take his rice rod to a PINKS drag race so you can watch him legally lose his title to a better car and driver.

Eventually these guys get tired of ripping around and they grow up or disappear because the cops enjoy hassling these jerks so much...I say do nothing and let the cops deal with him .You are a skydiver... invite Mr. tough guy to the DZ...nothing like a first jump for an education in humility, right?;)

don't fuck with the mans ride bro. don't even touch the guys shit. have some fucking respect, show some class otherwise you are no different than the punk motherfucker.

try to reach out to the guy, talk to him be the better man.

better to be civil and defuse the situation amicably, then to do some stupid shit.

the bullshit escalates into a fight and before you know it people are in critical condition, dead or both . think about it dude, you don't want that shit on your conscience.

bring the fuckstick a beer talk to him and handle your business like a man don't be a fucking pussy and trash the dudes ride.

like somebody else said he might be acting ignorant because somebody else on the block already came at him sideways.
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

I say talk to him first. Assuming that he will be unreasonable is ignorance on your part. Violence has its place and it usually comes after diplomacy. Fucking with a mans car, on the other hand, esspecially behind his back like a rat is an immarure and cowardly move. If you don't feel like the ligitimate way to handle this situation will be of any help (and I tend to agree) then confront the guy face to face and let him know where he stands. I'll take assault over vandalism any day.. esspecially since there's much more room for litigious bs to help your case (self defense ect)

I'd figure you'd would capture him and torture him. Waterboarding OK for that offense?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Hehehe I knew that would get a rise out of the import crowd.It always gets a good debate going.
I don't think the kid that Tuna is referring to gives a shit about insurance rates anyway, matter of fact I don't think kids like that really give a shit about anything but trying to act like tough gangbanger wannabe's to impress whoever. When Tuna said "Riced out"..I know exactly what he means. I don't get how those cars became so popular for racing among American kids anyway. They're just kind of a joke to me-I'm old school. They sound like a long fart in a bathtub going down the road. And I have not seen one beat a domestic rod on a PINKS strip or any strip for that matter...NOT ONE and thats a nation wide show and a huge cross section of cars- Maybe I just can't relate to the compact import street rig, because I didn't grow up working on imports except for a 67 Spitfire. Imports generally do handle better on the curves though- I'll give you that.

As for gas milage...the big boys and girls burn alcohol anyway.

I'd figure you'd would capture him and torture him. Waterboarding OK for that offense?

haha so the posting comes full circle :ph34r: ...yes a loud muffler deserves a long bout of torture watching full house reruns at guantanamo bay.

i voted no since you said you haven't talked to him. Talk to him first... tell the guy you're pissed off and ask him to be courteous. If he's still an ass about it, I change my vote to yes. also, if you want some non-damaging pranks, send me a pm. I've got a bunch on the list.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Had a 17 year old kid who used to fly by my house (40+ in a 25) all the time. Several times we tried talking to him explaining "There's always lots of little kids out playing near the street" and so on...

The last time he did it, the basketball I was holding got away from me (acidentally on purpose!!) and impaled itself into his windshield. After measuring the length of the skid marks, police told this looser that it's a good thing a basketball came into the street and not a child.

B|

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

. When Tuna said "Riced out"..I know exactly what he means. I don't get how those cars became so popular for racing among American kids anyway. They're just kind of a joke to me-I'm old school. They sound like a long fart in a bathtub going down the road. And I have not seen one beat a domestic rod on a PINKS strip or any strip for that matter...NOT ONE and thats a nation wide show and a huge cross section of cars- Maybe I just can't relate to the compact import street rig, because I didn't grow up working on imports except for a 67 Spitfire. Imports generally do handle better on the curves though- I'll give you that.

As for gas milage...the big boys and girls burn alcohol anyway.

How? Easy- they are available. ANY car can be cool if you are 16. If it isn't cool to start with, then you make it cool. When enough people start modifying them, parts become available. How about a V-8 Vega? I think they even made parts to soup up Pintos at one point in time.

I've been thinking about this a bit before answering.
I think you should try talking to the guy.
Maybe he doesn't realize how annoying it is to other people. He thinks it sounds cool, so everyone else must like it too, right?
Talk to the guy in person too. The anonymous note bullshit just pisses people off.
Maybe try saying something like "all the other neighbors are annoyed at you. I like your car, but don't want to see the cops get called".
Yeah, its kind of chicken, but gets your point across without making you a target.

If all else fails, call the cops. Illegal modifications to the exhaoust usually aren't the only things these kids do, and if it has enough done to it, the cops can make him park it (In CA, they can confiscate it, don't know about FL).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>>ANY car can be cool if you are 16. If it isn't cool to start with, then you make it cool.

Yeah I have to admit i remember doing that- the only vehicle I had was a 55 Willys Jeep which I maxed out with huge tires, springs and a Warn overdrive.

All street rigs are designed to get attention and that's exactly what this kid is doing at 4 in the morning in low gear ripping around...he's asking for it- and if the cops don't get him he'll end up drifting it on a curve into a wall somewhere with his buddies.... and that's unfortunate but that's the way it usually goes with kids like that...

Or they end up getting some unlucky girl preggers and then have to sell the car to cover expenses to raise a kid.

I go both ways, having invested about the same amount of money into an 81 camaro and a 90 civic. My civic blows the camaro away in just about everything except the sound, it sounds way better than my civic. Plus my civic is built mostly with stock honda/acura parts, makes for a good daily driver. But my camaro is probably more fun to drive because its really torquey and its rear wheel drive.