floridadiver81

I didnt want to post until today...I QUIT!

SMOKING! Today makes a week. It has been extremely hard considering my roommates smoke and my job is pretty much an open air environment so 80% of the people there smoke. Im pretty sure im over the cravings and im already feeling better! I can breath easier. Its easier to control my breathing while running too. Food is starting to taste better. This is my 4th attempt at quitting. The first three times i caved within the first three days! Im not using anykind of medication or gum or anything. Just plain ol spearmint chewing gum which is helping also!

I truely feel that i have overcome the addiction....FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

edited to fix grammar and spelling!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Congratulations!!!
You are over the physical cravings but the mental ones haunt you for years. I know - I quit in 1995
The best advice I ever got was "the craving goes away not matter if you smoke or not"
Good luck. It is the toughest and smartest thing you will ever do.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Way to go! Keep up the will power!

I quit in 2000 after 25 years of smoking. It took me several attempts before I found the "trick" that made the difference, one that I will gladly pass on to you and anyone else who is kicking the habit. Remember one thing above all else: If you take so much as one little drag from a cigarette, all your efforts to that point are wasted and you will have officially become a smoker again. NEVER, NEVER, EVER GIVE IN TO THE TEMPTATION!!!

You have made it one week, now stretch it to two weeks. The four. Then eight, 16......
You can do it!:)

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

keep it up. quitting is fucking hard. i have no idea how you can quit living with people who smoke. i couldn't do it. i don't know exactly when my last cigarette was, but it was sometime around thanksgiving 2003. i used the patch for a long fucking time after that though. whatever you do, don't drink for about 6 months at least. that's what would always be my downfall the many times i've quit in the past. even after all this time, i still occasionally get the desire to go outside and relax with a cigarette, but its not like the cravings that you will still experience. i now indulge in a cigar roughly once a month or two without any urge to buy cigs, but i'm probably playing with fire here.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Keep-up the good work! Quitting smoking is probably the toughest thing you'll ever do. I've been off cigarettes for about 10-yrs. and still get cravings. With all the additives they put in cigarettes, makes quitting really difficult. You'll get 'little' cravings but, as time goes-on, it gets easier. All the good luck in the world to you. Your body will love you for quitting!

Chuck

I cant move. I just signed a 1 year lease a month ago. I dont want to move anyway. I like the roommates i have now. They are cool about smoking outside...and im still good too...just over a week and havent really even wanted one. I came close once while stuck in traffic on the way home but i fought it. It was so bad i could have gotten out of my car...walked around the interstate and found a cigarette and went back to my car. But yeah im happy. Running is becoming easier every day. Im not getting winded as fast..THIS IS GREAT!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

I thought the first few days was pretty easy, it wasn't until about day four that it hit me. What I find odd is that sometimes the smell of smoking makes me sick to my stomach, and sometimes I still want to smoke too. I quit 7 years ago, and I still get urges sometimes.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Don't go patting yourself on the back too hard.

I don't mean to sound harsh but 1 week is only the beginning.
Good job one your first week but the worst is yet to come. don't go back to it. yOu already said you have felt the benefits. In a moment of weakness you can throw it all away. Don't fall for it.

It takes something like 3 day to overcome the physical addiction but something like 3 months to overcome the mental addiction.

One thing you'll never be is a NON-smoker but you can remain and EX-smoker if youre strong.

It gets easy but in the next few months you'll be tested.
My photos

My Videos