floridadiver81

Imagine waking up to this(bikers read!)

SO my roommate has a 98 800 kawi vulcan. HE gets woken up at like 7am this morning by the maintance man pounding on the front door. Apparently someone decided to lay it over on the right side...for no reason. Another neighbor has a couple bikes but he parks them in a garage unit here. He told him that there has been instances in the past when people bikes were messed with because they were parked in a parking space and not on the grass or in a non designated parking area. I know for a damn fact that if he parked it in the breezeway the complex would say something about it...but its really not right for do something like this. My roommate is out for blood right now! The bike is his pride and joy. He bought it for 2k and put another 8k if mods and chrome. Its a real pretty bike...and for someone to do this...they deserve an ass beating..or worse!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

its not early for me during the week..but on the weekends i like sleeping in unless i have something to do. This is not a good way to start the day.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie

Doing shit like that is right up there with stealing a bike. I say eye4eye - find the fucker and turn HIS car on the side. You don't fuck with another man's bike.

Ooooh Violence begets violence - that is SOOOOOOO Old . . . like Old Testament.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Happened to me once. A bunch of us lived in a house. I was the last in and left my 1100 Shadow in the drive blocking the other cars.

One of my buddy's girlfriends decides she needs to move it so she can get her car out. She weighed all of 90 pounds soaking wet. Needless to say it didn't work out well but fortunately she laid the bike into the bushes and no damage was done.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I originally told him that he can park his bike in my garage...just split the cost or even just pay me partial just to prevent something like this. I have an eclipse spyder so its a small car. Both can fit in there fine. He doesn't want to do that though. I pay 70 a month for it...i think 20 bucks a month is fair being that my car takes up more room than his bike would!

edited to fix spelling.

are you aware how heavy a 800 vulcan is? My last bike was a CBR F1. I was able to straddle the bike..no kickstand and juggle it between my legs with ease. I wouldnt even try that with his bike! It would take hurricane force winds to blow his bike over!

He doesnt want to do that though.

Leaving $10k worth of toy outside when you have the option of securing it inside is just asking for someone to fuck with it. Didn't his mother ever tell him that he needs to put his toys away if he doesn't want them to get screwed up?

i totally agree with you which is why i told him that when i first got the garage unit. I cant make him park it there though. That's still no reason to mess with it though. Weather its 1k or 20k..weather its a car or a bike..ya just don't mess with other peoples stuff.

My nephew's motorcycle kept being messed with (and stolen) from his apartment complex. He fixed the deal by just rolling the bike inside at night. Not sure the manager appreciated it, but it was the only way to secure it.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

True(ish) but people need to leave other folks stuff alone...

Agreed, but unfortunately most people don't live in a world where people respect other people and their property. We can't kill the fuckers (legally anyway), so if we're smart we put our valuable items in places where they can't be fucked with.

I ride ( now with 37,000 miles) a K1200LT that weighs about 850 pounds wet and if not parked correctly and in gear, it can fall down. Been riding for more than 35 years and yes, they do fall over on their own. It can happen and I know of ones that have! Unless it is parked on the center stand and unless it is out of the wind and unless it is on level ground etc etc etc,,,, it can happen... Don't just assume someone pushed it over.
Dano

Doing shit like that is right up there with stealing a bike. I say eye4eye - find the fucker and turn HIS car on the side. You don't fuck with another man's bike.

Ooooh Violence begets violence - that is SOOOOOOO Old . . . like Old Testament.

Hmmmmm.... what kind of bike did Moses ride?, I better read the Old Testament again, I missed something !

:):)
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

you sure you didn't lay it down. kinda like some friendly persuasion just so he could split the garage cost with you.

a mitsubishi eclipse is a womans car you bought it off your girlfriend or what........and as for the vulcan with 8k worth of chrome..LMAO!!! you can polish a turd I guess

:P:P:D

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

People who mess with bikes have a very short life expectancy!

Park it there again, put a video on it, and waite. Let about 30-50 bikers know who it is, and waite.

Problem solved!

Maybe so but don't leave the bike where it can be messed with if at all possible. No I don't agree that people should mess with another bike ever, but know that it will be, so expect it.

Mine doesn't get left out because I don't want to replace it. I ride a 2004 CBR 1000rr so someone would likely steal it rather than vandalize it.

Kids think it's funny to push bikes over. People often think they can move the bike over too. It's easy if you know how but not so much if you've never done it. Over it goes.

Sucks the bike was damaged. I'd be pissed but chances are nothing will come of it.

edit: see sigline ... could still use improvement but close enough
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Has anyone given any thought to the fact that it might have been an accident -

Scenario - Stupid chick looks and says "Oooh a bike!" and gets on and it falls over? Not mal-intentioned, just a mistake? For some reason, I seem to remember hearing that alcohol causes slight judgment errors.

It seems to me - it should be put up where no one can mess with it.

There is a law here that if you have a pool, no matter how high the gate is, if a kid jumps the gate and drowns, it is your fault. Barbed Wire, Razor wire . . still your fault - it is called public Nuisance.

Same goes . . . someone is going to touch your bike, at the mall, at the track, at the gym, at the DZ . . . people are going to mess with it.

Build a bridge!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

umm..ok i wasnt descriptive enough. The kick is on the left of the bike like they all are...it was laid down on the right side. That cant happen on its own unless the weather plays into it. In this case..the weather is not a factor.