skittles_of_SDC

Have you ever kept something odd/gross...

Also, my dad is both odd and gross and we still keep him around.

That's not too weird. My parents have our cat and dog's ashes in the closet. My mom doesn't want to bury them cuz she's afraid they'll move and leave them there. We were all really attached to them. [:/]
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

To add to your dog story...I still have every coller from my past best friends. I screamed at my roomy one time b/c (this was over xmas) my mom gave me Zip's coller and he thought it was a new coller for Coleman and put it on Coleman. Though an honest mistake, it hit home hard.

Sorry for sobbing, but here's a super kicker. My first g/f's (From age 16-21) mom had the umbilical cord from all three children (My g/f and her 2 siblings) and had the part of the afterbirth from one of them still in a fucking jar. I didn't beleive it until ashli mad her mom show me...and then I vomitted.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

This is seriously odd and gross.

When I had my male cat fixed, I wanted to keep his balls. They were cute, fuzzy, little pom poms.
The vet said no. :P:D

I've heard divorcees say the same thing.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My kids and I visited my Aunt and Uncle in WA over the summer. One day, they told the kids about a goat they used to have for a pet for my cousins, and how it really wasn't such a great pet because it was mean. They said they had to kill it and then added that they ate it too. Being country folk, they weren't going to let that good meat go to waste! Then they mentioned that the pelt was still out in the garage and asked if my kids wanted to see it. My city kids were absolutely horrified at the thought of eating a pet and saving the pelt too! :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My mom has all of my baby teeth in a little container. It's GROSS!!!

Look at it this way: If you ever need to have dentures made, you can supply the teeth for them.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My mom has all of my baby teeth in a little container. It's GROSS!!!

Look at it this way: If you ever need to have dentures made, you can supply the teeth for them.:D

As long as she doesn't string them up as a necklace, she can keep them in that little container for herself. :D Can you imagine the size of baby teeth dentures? That would be pretty damn funny. :D
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I was camping next to an old couple who had a dog. The dog was soo cool. and they proceeded to show me the dogs kidney stones that had been passed. OMG That was just nasty:S

When I was in 3d grade I asked my tonsil surgeon if I could keep mine to show everyone how big they were since he said that they were the biggest he had ever seen :D of course that answer was no!:D-Caress

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

I guess I'm a freak.

I have a small piece of gauze (bloody) from my skin graft donor site.

I have some pieces of sharpnel that were taken out of me.

I have my helmet and body armor. Never been cleaned, never will be.

If they'd let me keep my hand (the skeleton, that is), I would have have it wired together and put on display.

Sorry, freaky, but I want to remember certain things.

- Dan G

I have all of my kid's baby teeth in little Tupperware containers. The kids don't want them, but I can't bring myself to throw the teeth away!

And I thought my mom was weird for still hanging on to my old baby blanket. You win. :P

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I have all of my kid's baby teeth in little Tupperware containers. The kids don't want them, but I can't bring myself to throw the teeth away!

My mom kept mine and my brother's baby teeth in baggies and are in our baby books.

I love that she did that and will never toss them. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I went to a big Catholic school. Lots of big Catholic families. One of my friends moms had to have a hysterectomy, after her 12th kid. She kept her uterus. In a jar on the piano. I kid you not. Her good Catholic Doctor understood her sentimentality and saved it for her. Ugliest thing you ever saw.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I kept the screws that came out of the rod in my leg. My boyfriend kept his too. I think I'll put them in a display case with pics of us on crutches together. Is that gross?:D

Idk yet. Jury is still out on pins and plates. On one hand it did come out of your body which is gross. But on the other hand it's special hardware designed for bone which is pretty cool. Staples are definately not even cool to keep though. Maybe it's all people who didn't get cool hardware.:D

I've got my hardware, and oddly enough, it doesn't look all that special. It looks like something you would pick out of a bin at Home Depot. I did make sure it was nice and clean before I took it home though, and yes, there is a gross story there....... B|

I guess I'm a freak.

If they'd let me keep my hand (the skeleton, that is), I would have have it wired together and put on display.

Nope. Not a freak. Every post to this thread is fluff compared to yours.

I say you are beyond deserving to save your "gross" stuff.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I guess I'm a freak.

Nope. Not a freak. Every post to this thread is fluff compared to yours.

I say you are beyond deserving to save your "gross" stuff.

Agreed. I assume you were in the service and injured? Keep whatever 'reminders' you want. I wont call you gross, weird or even a freak. :)

Agreed. I assume you were in the service and injured? Keep whatever 'reminders' you want. I wont call you gross, weird or even a freak.

Yeah, blown up in Afghanistan. Thanks for not calling me a freak.

You should see what I do to sheep, though. But only the hot ones.

- Dan G

Agreed. I assume you were in the service and injured? Keep whatever 'reminders' you want. I wont call you gross, weird or even a freak.

Upgraded from camels, eh? :D[:/] Wow, that was low even for me.

Looks like Clay has some competition! :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've got my wisdom teeth sitting on my bookcase. At least the 2 they managed to pull out with out breaking them into little pieces. :D

my dentist let me sneak mine out since he wasn't supposed to, sanitary reasons or something..... .. I think I lost them a week later >:(
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

My mom kept mine and my brother's baby teeth in baggies and are in our baby books.

I love that she did that and will never toss them. :)

I'm feeling a bit obligated join in this fray...

Baby books... sheesh... I thought I was the only one that inherited one of those. Mrs. Wal-Mart and I did do that for our offspring though, 'cause that's the way we were brought up.

Most of the aforementioned goodies, except for hardware, I have in my baby book, and thankfully the baby book is now in my possession. The only oddity I have to add to the thread is one I haven't a name for.

Lt. Col. Ray C. (USAF Ret.) insisted on keeping that portion of the umbilical cord which remains with the newborn after birth and shortly thereafter withers and departs. It has always been referred to as the "belly button scab" in our family. Yep... it is in an envelope in my "baby book".

Oddly enough, ;) after dear mom passed away, Lt. Col. had some cosmetic surgery to remove some eyelid tissue "so he could fully open his eyes".

Yeah, you guessed it, he has the excised tissue in a jar somewhere and will occasionally drag it out for shock value or whatever.

I suspect that under different circumstances he may have preserved the bit of tissue that was removed during my circumcision. That, however, might have spilled some personal beans...

I also have a lock of hair from popsjumper from when he was a brunette. I'm saving it. A personal friend of mine was his hairdresser at the time; I paid $50 for the lock o' hair and a toenail clipping from Graceland that belongs (acc. to the legend) to Grace Kelly. The hairdresser friend has since retired.Who'd a thunk-it?

Rest easy folks... I'm home for he evening and not on the road.
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.