chuckakers

Jumpsuit stolen at UPS?

What a pisser.

I ordered a new RW suit from Bev Suits a couple weeks ago and paid a double rush to get it quick, as my old suit was falling apart. It arrived on schedule Monday, sort of.

The package was an oversized bubble wrap lined envelope. In it should have been the jumpsuit and another envelope with some documents. Upon opening the package, only the document envelope was there - no jumpsuit.

Bev and staff confirmed that the suit should have been in that package. They also explained that they place packing tape over the seal flap to make sure everything stays put.

So I drug the oversized envelope out of the trash for a second look. Sure enough, the thing had been opened and the suit removed, then it was resealed with packing tape (see photo).

I assume the suit was removed by some UPS warehouse worker. The envelope was probably singled out because it's easy to reseal them so they look untouched. I doubt if they even knew what they were stealing. It may show up on ebay.>:(

If someone shows up at the DZ with a solid black Bev bootie suit with blue grippers, ask 'em how they like it.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Probably some douche is using it to change his oil in his car right now. This makes me nervous because I just ordered a new Tonysuit Pit Special yesterday and chose the rush ordering as well. Why dont you go to the shipping office and raise a stink. I used to order a lot of Pizza's in the past and we always had our broke buddy with us. Inevitably he would get a free pizza everytime. He waited until we got our order and then became a massive asshole to the company and before you knew it another free pizza would be knocking on our door. I say this to say that you should go to UPS and become an asshole and tell them what happened and see if Bev Suits carried any insurance on the package.

Good Luck brother

Paul

File a claim with UPS.

Their website states that they will need proof from the shipper of the value of the item damaged within the box. That shouldn't be hard for Bev Suits to provide.

Sorry to hear about it. [:/] Hope it works out for you.

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

For the record, my new suit (not yet received) from Bev is Navy blue (not black) with blue grips. So when you see me in it, it really is mine. ;)

Sorry for the loss dude, I hope you work it out with UPS and Bev Suits. Thieves really piss me off. >:(

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Bev Suits is still around, eh? Mine is from about 1989. I dug it out a few months ago & tried it on. Guess what? It still fit, despite gaining about 25 pounds since then! B| Now, I wonder if it'll fit over my clothes? :o

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

For the record, my new suit (not yet received) from Bev is Navy blue (not black) with blue grips. So when you see me in it, it really is mine. ;)

Sorry for the loss dude, I hope you work it out with UPS and Bev Suits. Thieves really piss me off. >:(

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. I have filed a claim with UPS and they are checking into it.

Just got off the phone with Bev. She said she is starting a new suit for me today!! I asked what we'll do if UPS finds the first one and she said don't sweat it.

Hats off to Bev Suits!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

UPS needs to adopt a thief-ferreting policy by using a satellite tracker embedded inside similar items, to ferret out the UPS worker thieves. Ship along the same route, and monitor where the item goes. Package will need to be clearly labelled and tempting/easy to open - so that dishonest workers can be tempted to steal the package.

This technique was recently used to trace a broken TV in the UK sent in for local recycling, and it ultimately ended up in Nigeria slum recycling pit (where they actually burn circuit boards and wires in a pile of burning rubber tires to get at the metals)
SKY NEWS Exclusive: Satellite Tracker embedded in TV sent away for recycling
(And more about this)

P.S. I like my two Bev suits. I now soon need to return my original for bootie repairs and attaching additional grippers to the insides of my legs.

Just got off the phone with Bev. She said she is starting a new suit for me today!! I asked what we'll do if UPS finds the first one and she said don't sweat it.

Hats off to Bev Suits!

That is awesome of Bev Suits. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

This is crazy I've never had any problems with UPS...

I hadn't until this past 6 months or so. Then again, I've been ordering a LOT of stuff recently. Literally on a first name basis with my UPS guy now.

Anyways, its frustrating, but it speaks volumes of Bev with her attitude about it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Shit. Yup, UPS sucks.

I had a Blackberry Storm sent to me last week. It managed to get all the way from England to the States, and all the way to Fort Worth, TX, and even signed onto the delivery van at 0721 in the morning and out for delivery (according to the tracking).

It never arrived, UPS said it was never loaded, then the next day they said it had been loaded but had not been delivered (duhh!) and maybe it had fallen off the truck because 'sometimes this does happen'. When I told the lady it was more likely that some little UPS f*cker had stolen it, she said she 'was not authorized to comment on that possibility'!>:(>:(

'To fly is heaven, to freefall is divine'

'You only need 2 tools. WD40 for when it doesn't move but should, and duct tape for when it moves but shouldn't'

Yeah, i dunno how it affects policy but i always lie to UPS about whats in the package but then insure it for the proper amount.

"Yes thats right, I need this package of T-shirts sent to Moab and insured for $1500." ;)

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero