LuckyMcSwervy

Weekend Numbers: March 14 & 15, 2009

;):4:0 2 on Sat, 2 on Sun. Jammed my dang finger on 1st one sunday, makes typing interesting.:(
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

:):):) : 3 : :D:D:D

3 great jumps this weekend!!!

B| : 1 : :D

(there doesn't seem to be an icon for wine)

I'm still finding it difficult to do more than one jump a weekend at AFF prices, but I'm hopefully nearing graduation from the AFF program in my return to the sport after decades away so will be able to make more jumps soon.

Did my first stand up landing under a square in my jump this weekend. :):D
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I forget what a stand up landing is lately. :P

I was actually a bit surprised to find myself on my feet--the flare didn't feel all that much different this time--but I must have started the flare just a bit higher (I was previously flaring too low) or flared a bit more aggressively. Anyways I found myself on my feet :)
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I forget what a stand up landing is lately. :P

Yep...them were some painful ones to watch...how's your bum? :D

And look on the bright side, at least you didn't break any nails...

Well, as expecteded, the bum's a wee bit sore but my legs, back, neck and arms are a little sore, too. Weird!

But... a weekend without nail breakage is... stellar. ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.

0:3:0

A very round about weekend! Instructor jump, hopnpop and a 4 way naked jump!

Buuuuuuuurrrrrrr. 50 degrees on the ground doesn't equal 50 degrees at altitude. Lol.

Funny you should mention that..... :D:D:D This was just a topic of discussion....

But at 50 degrees on the ground?? YIKES!!!

Buuuuuuuurrrrrrr. 50 degrees on the ground doesn't equal 50 degrees at altitude. Lol.

Funny you should mention that..... :D:D:D This was just a topic of discussion....

Haha. Yeah, three dudes and one girl. I'm not sure why the girl jumper never made it in the round!

Best part was the small talk right before exit. 'Boy, looks like we got some clouds coming in huh?' *silence* *laughter* :P
I'm like a chocolate covered pretzel...I might be kind of melty but dang, I'm exquisite!

Haha. Yeah, three dudes and one girl. I'm not sure why the girl jumper never made it in the round!

Best part was the small talk right before exit. 'Boy, looks like we got some clouds coming in huh?' *silence* *laughter* :P

:o Now that's funny!!!

How are the "outs" at your DZ?? So it was pretty much a sausage fest!! Were you guys landing at the DZ or landing off on purpose?? There's no way I would land at my DZs landing area..... way too many video people and cameras around for my liking!! Definitely a preplanned land off with clothes ready.... :P

So it was pretty much a sausage fest!!

Sounds like your kind of jump Karen! ;)

I'd recommend getting the landing thing down first though...butt slides would get a hell of a lot more interesting!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Yes, sir!! It certainly does. ;)

I'll definitely have the landing thing down before I need to worry about that sausage fest jump. :D

2:2:0

Good to get back in the air. Painfully packed 5 tandems but got 'er done.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Did a hop-n-pop Saturday morning, got my first Skyhook cutaway

And i had a great time untangling the freebag/pc from your main. I do love a good puzzle. :P:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I was going to straighten it out when I got back to my gear pile in the corn field because I needed a break after climbing the muddy mountain, but Donovan was waiting for me. Screw going to a gym, I'll just go mountain climbing at SDC.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.