Radiance

Personal Pet Peeves

Children's sports leagues where there "are no winners" and "we don't keep score"

I fucking hate that shit! Its shit like that, that has caused this bumb ass entitlement generation. Not all of them are that way but there are way to damn many of them ignorant lazy fuckers!>:(

The children keep score. ;)

It's the parents I hate.
Children are (mostly) innocent.

I don't like organized childrens' sports where scores aren't kept and everybody are winners. Let the kids learn the value of winning or losing. BUT, don't start singing that "We are the champions, no time for losers" bullshit... or running up the scores just to embarrass the other teams, etc...

It's more impressive if YOU sing it Billy . . .

Actually - you'd look like a helmet wearing, window licking, retard if you signed it to them.

I'll sing it in the plane on the ride to altitude next weekend if anybody wants me to.

I can imitate the opening chords and drumbeats of several songs from the past almost verbatim. I just don't have a damn idea what I sound like to others. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Children's sports leagues where there "are no winners" and "we don't keep score"

I fucking hate that shit! Its shit like that, that has caused this bumb ass entitlement generation. Not all of them are that way but there are way to damn many of them ignorant lazy fuckers!>:(

It's the parents I hate.

I don't like organized childrens' sports where scores aren't kept and everybody are winners. Let the kids learn the value of winning or losing. BUT, don't start singing that "We are the champions, no time for losers" bullshit... or running up the scores just to embarrass the other teams, etc...

Actually - you'd look like a helmet wearing, window licking, retard if you signed it to them.

I'll sing it in the plane on the ride to altitude next weekend if anybody wants me to.

I can imitate the opening chords and drumbeats of several songs from the past almost verbatim. I just don't have a damn idea what I sound like to others. :D

Looking back at the way I worded that last post,
I was thinking that I had been a little harsh.

Then I grabbed another beer and forgot the whole thing.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's the parents I hate.

Looking back at the way I worded that last post,
I was thinking that I had been a little harsh.

Then I grabbed another beer and forgot the whole thing.:P

And that image made me laugh like a mother fucker.

When parents put those leash things on their toddlers so they don't walk away. Leashes are for dogs.....not children.

Double standards!! That's got to be my #1 pet peeve. For example, why is it ok for a fat person to make fun of a skinny person for being thin but not the other way around? I can't count how many times an overweight person has said things like, "Do you ever eat? You make me sick or you look sick. You need to go eat a sandwich". It's just rude and is no different than if I were to say, Do you ever stop eating?

When parents put those leash things on their toddlers so they don't walk away. Leashes are for dogs.....not children.

If most peoples kids behaved as well as my dogs, I might agree with you but as they don't - tie the little fuckers up or leave them at home:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

My worst pet peeve has to be people who are not articulate and cant enunciate. Especially in positions that deal with the public daily. Its like a knife in my ear to hear "dis, dat, foe, tray" or "representin, much respect, showin love, ya feel me"

Or to hear little kids pronounce things incorrectly and parents not correcting them, cause they think it sounds cute.

pacifiers in kids old enough to walk.
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

Double standards!! That's got to be my #1 pet peeve. For example, why is it ok for a fat person to make fun of a skinny person for being thin but not the other way around?

YES!!! I used to work in an office where I was one of only 2 skinny people. Everyone used to "jokingly" call me a "skinny bitch" every time the topic got onto weight, food, fitness, clothes, etc., etc.. It used to really piss me off.. When did it become ok to call someone a bitch because of their weight.. I don't go around making comments on other people's weight.. How would those women have felt if I kept saying, oh, blah blah, you "fat cow" - but always as a "joke", naturally..

Hmmm.. Don't think so.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Fly Tippers and litter bugs in general - fuckers>:(>:(>:(>:(

I took the dog for a walk today and the last mile was down a road close to town that was clearly used by Fly Tippers - it's fucking disgusting - makes my blood boil

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

pacifiers in kids old enough to walk.

Or six year olds who suck their thumbs.

Six year olds still on their momma's tits... :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

- People who ride your bumper because they don't like the speed you're going. The speed limit is the same in the left lane as it is in the right. I don't habitually drive in the left lane on the highway in the first place, but even if I'm there and just going the speed limit, get off my fender! I pay taxes to use the roads too--both lanes of it.

THIS!

Except reversed.

If you are merely going to go the speed limit....get the fuck out of the passing lane and let me take my chances with the cops. They are there to control the speed on the road, and it is not your job to act as the little speed control person in the left hand lane. On the same note, if I am out there doing 80, and someone blinks their lights behind me, I'll move over as soon as I get a clear spot in traffic to let them roll on.

Don't ride in the god damned left lane. Slower traffic keep right is NOT that hard of a concept to understand.

/Stupid mother fuckers.

On that note...I think I just hate stupid people.

Not only is it an easy concept to understand, it's also the law !

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

And in some states the "keep with the normal flow of traffic" on highways stands above the speed limit i.e. keep up with the flow of traffic or get off the highway.
I very much like that idea.
Eric

Hmmm, pet peeves, good idea.

I've got a few. First and foremost as a servicemember, people who wear military insignia, apparel, or something otherwise designating military service when it's very clear the thought of boot camp never even crossed their mind. Example: I once saw this kid with scruffy hair, a thick beard, three or four earrings on his left ear, wearing a Navy foul weather coat with a petty officer's insignia on the sleeve. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Oh, and this is a big one. People who party all the time complaining about how tired they are. Give me a fucking break. Go die and leave me your air supply. Douchefags. If you go out and party till you blackout and come back tired, maybe it's because you wanted it that way, so you have no right to bitch. Summer hours at the small boat station, I was lucky if I got 4 hours of continuous sleep every night, and not by choice. Get a life.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

When parents let thier children run amock and sit on thier fat asses calling the child a thousand times while the child completely ignores them. Get off your ass and control your child! All you're doing is teaching them to ignore you.

And in some states the "keep with the normal flow of traffic" on highways stands above the speed limit i.e. keep up with the flow of traffic or get off the highway.
I very much like that idea.

This can go both ways. If the normal flow of traffic is about 10 over the speed limit and some yahoo wants to skirt by going 20 above, are -they- within the law that you pull over and let him pass?

This is happening every day on my way to work. Posted speed limit is 65. Most people are driving 75-80. There's at least 2-3 people every day that insist on blasting by going 90-100. Very irritating and I'm wondering where the cops are at 7:30am. Are these people speed crazy or just too lazy to get up early enough to make it to work at a reasonable pace? :S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

If the normal flow of traffic is about 10 over the speed limit and some yahoo wants to skirt by going 20 above, are -they- within the law that you pull over and let him pass?

That's two separate considerations. First, is the faster driver within the law due to their speed. Second, is a slower driver within the law if they fail to move over to allow faster traffic to pass.

From the info provided in the above link, it would appear that in such a situation, neither driver would be operating within the law.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

When parents let thier children run amock and sit on thier fat asses calling the child a thousand times while the child completely ignores them. Get off your ass and control your child! All you're doing is teaching them to ignore you.

Damn right. If you have to use a leash on your kid or your kid ignores you when you call them, you have failed as a parent in basic discipline. :|

Heres one I cant stand:

Miserable people....
who think everyone else has to be miserable just because they are! Unless somebody close to you just died, there is no reason to sulk and be a downer ALL the fucking time!!! Life is not that bad! CHEER UP ALREADY!!! Just once! Please? If not then go be miserable somewhere else.... AWAY from me!!!
[:/]

If the normal flow of traffic is about 10 over the speed limit and some yahoo wants to skirt by going 20 above, are -they- within the law that you pull over and let him pass?

That's two separate considerations. First, is the faster driver within the law due to their speed. Second, is a slower driver within the law if they fail to move over to allow faster traffic to pass.

From the info provided in the above link, it would appear that in such a situation, neither driver would be operating within the law.

First: No. (read the example).

Second: That's the question I'm asking.

Both are above the speed limit, but the 'slower driver' is going with the normal flow of traffic.

btw, this is CA law I'm questioning.

ltdiver

Both are above the speed limit, but the 'slower driver' is going with the normal flow of traffic.

btw, this is CA law I'm questioning.

ltdiver

Well...
In Chicago, they have signs that say "Slower traffic keep right". They have very similar signs (same size, color, size of lettering) that say "Trucks use 2 Right Lanes".

I've never seen anyone pulled over for blocking the 2nd (left for trucks) lane, but I have seen trucks pulled over for being too far left. Go figure:S
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I fail to see how a driver would be operating within the law if they fail to yield the left lane to faster traffic, going only by the information provided in the link posted above. If you want a definitive interpretation of California's vehicle code, you should contact an attorney in that state.

Law or not, it's a demonstration of poor form as a driver to fail to yield to faster traffic in a fast/passing lane.

I fail to see how a driver would be operating within the law if they fail to yield the left lane to faster traffic, going only by the information provided in the link posted above. If you want a definitive interpretation of California's vehicle code, you should contact an attorney in that state.

Law or not, it's a demonstration of poor form as a driver to fail to yield to faster traffic in a fast/passing lane.

Quote from the listed web site: "Most states follow the Uniform Vehicle Code and require drivers to keep right if they are going slower than the normal speed of traffic (regardless of the speed limit; see below). These are listed as "slower", with an asterisk and an explanation under "comments" if vehicles lawfully using the left lane must yield to overtaking traffic."

There is no asterisk by CA, so my interpretation is that you may use the left lane if you're going the 'normal speed of traffic' and do not, by law, have to yield to those going faster than it. It may not be as nice, from that speeder's point of view, but the law does not require that you yield. "Normal Speed of Traffic" trumps the speeder's desire.

ltdiver

Quote from the listed web site: "Most states follow the Uniform Vehicle Code and require drivers to keep right if they are going slower than the normal speed of traffic (regardless of the speed limit; see below). These are listed as "slower", with an asterisk and an explanation under "comments" if vehicles lawfully using the left lane must yield to overtaking traffic."

There is no asterisk by CA, so my interpretation is that you may use the left lane if you're going the 'normal speed of traffic' and do not, by law, have to yield to those going faster than it. It may not be as nice, from that speeder's point of view, but the law does not require that you yield. "Normal Speed of Traffic" trumps the speeder's desire.

Is it not normal to see people (note plurality) exceed the speed limit by 20 mph in California? I've never driven anywhere that the normal flow of traffic was a single speed rather than a range of speeds. Of course, I've admittedly never driven in California.

AS I've stated before-unless you are in the far right lane, look to your right. If the cars you see don't appear to be moving backwards, you are in the incorrect lane. Also, if there's a blue Explorer 8 inches off your rear bumper with the lights flashing, you are in the wrong lane.

Glad I could clear that up for ya'll
You are only as strong as the prey you devour