murrays

American Idol 2009

Just thought I'd get a thread started...Ai2009 starts tomorrow night.

Will it be a kinder, gentler Idol?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

How about American Skydiver... we can base the show on : I can do that trick in 7 jumps... Chuck, I can do that trick in 4 jumps, Chuck, I can do that trick in two jumps....

It's a blend between Amercian Idol and Name that Tune (or name that Thomb)
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

How about American Skydiver... we can base the show on : I can do that trick in 7 jumps... Chuck, I can do that trick in 4 jumps, Chuck, I can do that trick in two jumps....

I can pull at 1000 feet.
I can turn at 200 feet.
:D

I can pull at 1000 feet.
I can turn at 200 feet.
:D

I can femur in five pieces !

(Silence, I'll Kill You !)
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

I was not impressed at all last night. The show basically sucked. Fortunately I was watching on a DVR where I cold fast forward through most of it.

I absolutely despise the "Bad Auditions" they put on. I feel horrible for the people they humiliate like that on national TV. What most people don’t understand is that these people are completely set up for this. A very small percentage of people auditioning actually make it in front of "the Judges". They go through several auditions before they are sent in. Many of these people are told how great they sound and made to believe they have a shot by the producers before being sent in to be laughed at. Yes, They are horrible and should not have auditioned but they should have been told during the first 2 or 3 auditions they go through that they don’t have a shot and sent packing. No need to make fools of them by sending them on to the Judges for TV.

The new judge - I liked her. She seemed real. Very likeable and honest without Hollywood attitude like you get from Randy or Paula.

The contestants - They all pretty much sucked.

The Tattooed chick with the Fucked up ear lobes was ok in a Bar band kind of way.

The girl named after Stevie Nicks has some potential. She will be a pretty girl for a few more years before she starts to balloon up. Very pretty eyes and an ok voice.

The oil field worker was a pure cheese piece. The guy just didnt have that great of a voice. Yes he gets the "Good guy" award but the talent just wasn’t there.

The Bikini Chick - What a fuckin joke but it was entertaining to see Paulas reaction.

The Horror/Freak boy - He wasnt too bad. Some potential there. He had a good presence when he sang and I think he could do alright on a stage.

The blind guy - another "Heart strings" contestant that just didnt sound that good. If that guy wasnt blind they never would have given him a shot.

I am not sure if I will watch anymore of the audition shows because they really piss me off when they send in people they already know are horrible just so they can humiliate them.

I was really disappointed that the bikini chick got a yellow ticket. I'm not a big attention-whore fan.

I don't think she'll last for very long...she wasn't that great of a singer.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

No need to make fools of them by sending them on to the Judges for TV.

I am not sure if I will watch anymore of the audition shows because they really piss me off when they send in people they already know are horrible just so they can humiliate them.

But, but .. that's the WHOLE POINT of the first 1/2 dozen episodes :P
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

Wednesday night - I wasn't too impressed with a lot of the people that got through. I thought there were about 3 that were good. The guy that did a Michael Jackson song, a band teacher and the last contestant that did a Stevie Wonder song.
--
Murray

Some of tonight's choices were ridiculous. They let go of some serious artists for the likes of Drama Boy who has cried numerous times on every show, and Extremely Annoying Girl with the grating laugh.

I guess they're going for more controvery/attention a la the Sanjaya kid.

Bummer.[:/]

We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

I never saw Extremely Annoying Girl - Tatiana's audition or subsequent performances, just the brief clip of her singing that they showed tonight...I was impressed with what I saw....but her over the top out of control emotions are enough to make me quit watching.

The drama boy won't be around for too long I don't think, he was marginal....and also someone that makes me not want to watch the show. I agree that there were several people let go that were quite surprising.

I don't know what it is about TV...people just like watching train wrecks and accidents I guess.

Still and all I think they do have some people with a lot of potential and talent.
--
Murray

but her over the top out of control emotions are enough to make me quit watching.

I feel the same way. Hopefully "drama boy" will be gone soon. Norman/Nick even getting past the first round was a slap in the face to much better talent that was left behind. The guy sounds like bloodhound with his nuts caught in a fence. :P

Last season was the first time I watched more than one episode. If it weren't for me flipping channels and catching David cooke singing "Allright Now" I wouldn't have tuned in again. I think I'll wait until they are down to the final 12 before I watch again this year.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

but her over the top out of control emotions are enough to make me quit watching.

I feel the same way. Hopefully "drama boy" will be gone soon. Norman/Nick even getting past the first round was a slap in the face to much better talent that was left behind. The guy sounds like bloodhound with his nuts caught in a fence. :P

Last season was the first time I watched more than one episode. If it weren't for me flipping channels and catching David cooke singing "Allright Now" I wouldn't have tuned in again. I think I'll wait until they are down to the final 12 before I watch again this year.

Between Drama Boy, Annoying Girl, And Norman, votefortheworst.com is going to be busy!
Remster

I have a feeling that Annoying Girl will stick around for a while. Simply because her personality (as shown on TV) is horrible! She's a drama-queen with a horrible laugh.

I think its funny that for once there are two very masculine guys actually getting onto the show. The welder and the rough neck. I wonder how long they'll last?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think its funny that for once there are two very masculine guys actually getting onto the show. The welder and the rough neck. I wonder how long they'll last?

It depends .... have they got kids in need or a transplant or in a wheelchair? .... Has their dog recently died or cat has flu? Maybe they were bullied at school or..... or (now don't laugh) maybe they can actually sing.... It could happen

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I don't think that any of those could help this bunch! For the most part, the guys either scream or have this irritating falsetto and they all sound like someone's got 'em by the balls with Vise-Grips!
As for the girls, I haven't heard one yet that I would even cross the street to listen to.
There's gotta be something better on that American Idol this year!

Chuck

The girl who use to have a recording contract and made it through has just been kicked off the show and replaced.
Her manager works for Idol

I saw that. I don't think she should have been replaced. The producers (i.e. Simon) tried to slide that one through with out an explanation and fan pages picked up on it today.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Which one was that?
And why was she kicked off?

Joanne Pacitti has been replaced by Felicia Barton...

It has been determined that Joanna Pacitti is ineligible to continue in the competition. AMERICAN IDOL contestant Felicia Barton has replaced Ms. Pacitti as part of the Top 36, L.A. Times reports.

A source close to the show now tells us that Pacitti was disqualified to "avoid the appearance of impropriety." (meaning they got caught planting her... the other plants haven't been caught yet and stay on the show)

In the past week, tabloids had been reporting on a private relationship between Pacitti and executives of 19 Management - one of the companies which oversees Idol.

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...