murrays

American Idol 2009

I just don't get it! Felicia Barton wasn't even in a sing off.....how did they decide on her? Frankie Jordan SHOULD have been the one to get a second chance....she had such a good point, when she was told she was out, when she said, "REally? There were 8 girls better than me?"

BUMMER (where's the pouty face icon when you need it?)
We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

For the most part, I was OK with the top 36 pick. I did not know about Joanne Pacitti until I just read this thread. Is the woman who replaced her the really attractive blonde who auditioned with her husband?

Here are the decisions that really pissed me off:

Black guy who was best friends with the widower. He absolutely deserved to be put through.

Annoying psychotic chick with the laugh that would make the deaf cry should never have made it.

Constantly crying drama queen irritates the shit out of me. He can sing but the above mentioned black guy should have had his place. The voting public will show him the door.

Pschyzo Norman/Nick I cannot figure out. I think he's putting on an act just to see how far he can get with it. The public is not going to buy it.

I missed the first 4 contestants and was pretty disappointed with almost all the rest of them.

Danny, last performer was pretty good and should easily go on.

Out of the rest that I saw, Anoop and god help me for saying this...Tatiana did the best job. But holy moly there were some bad performances from a few that I thought would be much better....16 yr old Stevie in particular.

Tatiana was trying really hard to restrain herself so we only got glimpses of the drama queen within.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Top Female - Alexis by a long shot. I really like this girl.

Top Male should be the Guy that did Hick Town but think the Oil Rig guy will squeak in on the likeability factor. If Bangladesh can get the call centers going then Anoop has a shot too. Good voice but BORING.

Twat-tiana was surprisingly good and has the full support of "Vote for the Worst" as well as the Producers Need for drama and ratings so they may slip her in as the #3.

I was really disappointed with Stevie Wright. A Bad performance from her.

I HATE this new Format. These people only get one shot. 12 Perform and 3 move on. That sucks.

These people only get one shot. 12 Perform and 3 move on.

The 3 that should move on:

--Danny Gokey
--Ricky Braddy
--Alexis Grace

The rest were just so awful!

Very surprised on how sub-par the majority of the first group of contestants were.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

The rest were just so awful!

Very surprised on how sub-par the majority of the first group of contestants were.

It was surprising, since they seemed better in the previous weeks. Maybe they should turn the auto-tune back on?:o
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Is there going to be a wild card to round out the Top Ten then?

Yes... there will be a wild card round to pick the top 12... which is why I question the often repeated "Only one chance" to move on...

Isn't the wild card round a second chance? I suppose it depends on how it is formatted...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Top Female - Alexis by a long shot. I really like this girl.

Is that the little blonde with the pink highlights? I thought she was the best of the night.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yes it was. Alexis Grace.
Best of the Night by a Long Shot.

General Concensus (according to Dial idol and other sites) says it will be Alexis Grace as Top Female Moving on. Danny Gokey (The last Guy to perform that was the Church Music Director) will be the top Guy.

And sadly (Or Happily if you happen to like Psycho Train wrecks) Twatiana should slip in as next highest Vote getter to advance. (Gotta keep those rating up by having someone that everyone hates on the show)

Interesting that this is the third year that Alexis Grace has auditioned. Makes you wonder how she got passed over in the past.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Just watched tonight's show and......There is a God!

Maybe so!!!! At least the worst of the worst didn't go on.....but it's still a really stupid format....only 3 from each round to go on?!! I HATE this new format.

But so long Tatianna, not gonna miss you one bit!

Yes...good riddance Tatiana! I guess her "marketing" and plea for votes didn't do it.

I didn't see Alexis sing yesterday but I think she was WAY WAY better than Danny or Michael when they reprised the songs they did yesterday. If she can continue to bring it like that she has a chance of winning.
--
Murray

I am really happy that Alexis made it through.

I was surprised at first that Starver made it but idol has done a lot to present him as the all around good guy this season. His Performance was pretty bad but enough people wanted him to have a another shot. This is a Popularity contest more than a Talent Contest.

The Church Director has a good voice but I don’t think he will go too far.

Back Stories that Idol will Harp on and/or Hide on these people:

Alexis Grace - This was the third year that she auditioned. (Why didnt she make it the last two times??) and the Heart Strings rumor (Literally).. Her Father needs a Heart Transplant and doesnt have insurance. The Dream is to make enough off this to cover the Operation. (Insert Overly Emotional Teary eyed *Awwwww* here)

Church Dude - Wife died 4 weeks before his Idol Audition. (Insert Overly Emotional Teary eyed *Awwwww* here)

Starver - "Working Class Family Man". Supposed All around Good Guy get his big break. (Insert Overly Emotional Teary eyed *Awwwww* here)

What to watch for next Week:
Adam Lambert - This years Tween/Teen Heart Throb according to the unquestionable expert on these matters (My Daughter). He was the Understudy for the Male Lead in the national touring production of Wicked. When my daughter went to see this production while it was in town last year, This guy got the call up on that night and she went googlyeyed on him then so she may be a little biased.

Did Alexis' auditions in prior years ever make it to the show?

How is the wild card going to work? Are they going to pick four who didn't make it from each show and then take the top three from that group of twelve?

As I typed that I realized we maybe haven't seen the last of Tatiana. I think she'll be back in the wild card.

Next week...I am interested in seeing how Megan Corkrey does. I really liked her initial audition. Can't remember many of the rest.
--
Murray

How is the wild card going to work? Are they going to pick four who didn't make it from each show and then take the top three from that group of twelve?

There is a nice write-up on the rule changes in this press release... http://realitytvworld.com/news/fox-releases-american-idol-schedule-confirms-format-changes-8158.php

Here is an excerpt... but basically yes... there is a chance that Tatiana will still make it to the top 12 and any other three that the judges (not the public) deem worthy...

Then on Thursday, March 5, Fox will air a special "Wild Card" performance episode that will feature each semifinalist group's highest remaining votegetter who didn't already get to automatically advance to the finals will get a second chance to perform along with several additional semifinalists that the judges will select.

"They [will be able to] make that fourth show up to probably about nine or ten people, we haven't quite decided yet," Warwick explained.

After all the "Wild Card" semifinalists perform, the judges -- not the show's home viewers -- will immediately select three of them to complete the season's twelve finalists.

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Put Alexis into the finale now. She's awesome.

This coming week, be on the lookout for the guy who played the keyboards and sang 'Georgia On My Mind' during the Hollywood week. I have no idea what his name is but he's going to go far.

All in all I was OK with the 3 chosen this past week.

For the wild card, they should definately put through Twat-tiana. Why you ask? For pure entertainment value. If she and Paula forget to take their meds on the same night, look out.:D

**sigh** He's yummy. :)
It seems like the women are pretty slim pickings, but there's several promising young men. Which is another reason why it's really dumb that they're picking only three from each round, and one has to be the hghest ranking female...in other words, if the top three vote getters were male, not all three would make it through.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.>:(

Boy, he was not on tonight...don't think we'll see him make it tomorrow.

Actually, I missed performers 7, 8 and 12 due to stuff going on. Out of the ones I saw I only really liked Alison $, the 16 y/o with the bright red hair. She did a great job on "Alone" by Heart.

I am really wondering how Megan Corkrey did...I thought her initial audition was very interesting. Unfortunately she is one of the ones that I missed.

Hopefully, we've seen the last of "Nick/Norman".
--
Murray

Hopefully, we've seen the last of "Nick/Norman".

I don't know, I have a feeling that people might continue to vote him in so he can continue to annoy.

I think he would be great on a cruise ship...then again, I don't take cruises.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."