npgraphicdesign

I will jump out of a plane, but I will not....

..learn to drive.
All that money I save in fuel and road taxes can be diverted to skydiving. B|

All I have to do is pay my friends gas money for the occasional carpool, for which :D is a universally accepted currency.

Er, hang on...:|

Anyway, I can get almost anywhere by public transport in the Netherlands. Besides, driving to work is not an alternative during rush hour..

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

caving's pretty fucking cool, you feel like an adventurer exploring an unknown continent, or planet for that matter.. :)

Oh, I think caving is very cool. It's just not for me. Probably a topic for another thread, but I'd like to know whether any cavers on here have had to overcome a feeling of claustrophobia, or whether they are all just naturally immune to it.

I'm not a chronic claustrophobic - I'm ok riding on tube trains and in lifts - but crawling through a tunnel under a few hundred feet of rock? Nope. I remember reading Tim Cahill's account of guys spending days underground and sleeping halfway along tunnels too small to turn around in. If that were me, I wouldn't be getting any sleep! ;)

well, i'm scared of heights, wont stop me skydiving or climbing for that matter.. :D

i've only done caving once in school on a trip, but that was one of the most cool things i've done so far, our group even did a special tour to an underground lake, had to jump over canyons you couldnt see the bottom of.. dang, all that clear water, all those rockformations.. that was ARRR-SUMMM!!! :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I totally agree with the bungee part....

However I've got a slightly different theory behind it.
When I skydive it's all up to me and my skills to safely get a canopy above my head... And if I mess up then I've got a backup.
With a bungee attached to my ankles, well if it snaps I'm going head down into (best case) paralysis....

Horses.... Well 1000 lbs of stupid meat.... I'll try my best to stay the fuck away from them :D

Horses are pretty damned smart;)

1250lbs. actually, and he is very fit.

My daughters horse might be smarter than a few posters in SC.

At least he knows the difference between rain and someone peeing on his leg.:D:D:D:D

I remember reading Tim Cahill's account of guys spending days underground and sleeping halfway along tunnels too small to turn around in. If that were me, I wouldn't be getting any sleep!

Yeah, fuck that. I think I would enjoy caving, and small places don't really get me too bad, but that's just ridiculous. I'd have to keep going until I got to a bigger area. Imagine waking up and no knowing where the f*ck you are, then trying to move... :o so yeah, that would bother me.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

...do cocaine or gamble. Never tried either, never will. Seen people close to me f.ck their lives up doing them.

-and-

...swim in deep ocean water or take a walk in the wilderness unarmed, because I don't fancy taking a step down in the food chain.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

...bungee jump or go on a roller coaster...

It isn't so much about the risk but most things just don't "do it" for me the same way skydiving does. I think skydiving has sort of spoiled me for a lot of other activities. :)
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

- wrestle alligators or crocadiles

-clone a dinosaur

-swim with sharks (man eaters)

I recognize my place on the food chain. I don't need to go for the underdog win when it comes to pre-historic type critters.

OHHHH and wont tug on superman's cape, don't spit into the wind, won't pull the mask off the ole Lone Ranger, and don't mess around with Jim

Horse riding..... walking/treking = no biggie.... big tall horses running scares the b'jesus out of me.

I am glad I am not the only skydiver that hates horses anad am deathly afraid of them!!

I don't like horses that much. Hanging out in Mexico I'd rather jump off a cliff into a' landing area with no outs and changing winds from three converging canyons than ride El Guapo. That horse knew where he was going when he rode me into tree branches. Maybe if I hit him with a stick like the guide told me too it would have worked out better although I always figured animals were either pets or food and wasn't up for that.

I'd like to know whether any cavers on here have had to overcome a feeling of claustrophobia, or whether they are all just naturally immune to it.

I think at least some people must be naturally immune to it.. I used to fix aircraft for a living.. I was the only one who didn't mind working in confined spaces.. In fact, I kind of enjoyed it - it felt snugg and cozy :)
I've been thinking about this thread.. I've read a lot of the answer.. A couple of years ago I would have said marriage/kids, but I've recently been betrayed by my uterus/internal-clock, so now I can't come up with anything in particular that I would never do given the right set of circumstances..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

There is much I won't do out of circumstance rather than desire so I won't list them. An example of that would be ==> This person (potentially not safe for work)
----------------------------------------------------------

I can think of a dozen 'meat' jokes for the sexy vegan! ;)

-Bungee jump: If I want to put my life in the hands of a hepatitic carny, I'll just ride the Tilt-A-Whirl

-Watch ANY video entitled "____ ____, one cup"

-Marry a redhead

.......................again.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is