atsaubrey

My new jumpsuit..what ya think?

Had my girlfriend's friend in Mexico make me a new jumpsuit. I wanted it superhuge to help my 350lbs otd fallrate. I am totally impressed with her work and only paid $140 (which she thought was too much) when I went to pick it up I tired to explain (my spanish isn't too hot) about the "wings" and how i would add swoopcords...she was like I can do that! I let her pick the design and oly told her the colors I wanted...I think she did pretty damn good.
"GOT LEAD?"

I used to have a jumpsuit like that! :)Picture. I'm in the middle back, but my jumpsuit is just like the one on the far right.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

yes you do wish it didn't have the belly band..but..

Gosh, I haven't seen one of those in several decades. And there's a good reason for that - they killed a lot of jumpers...

If you twist that belly strap when you buckle it, the pilot chute bridle will be wrapped around the belly band, trapped, and unable to deploy. You'll have a pilot chute in tow.

For a small fee, a rigger can convert that to a pull-out or throw-out, mounted on the bottom of the container, or a leg strap. That would be better than that belly band.

Be careful with that thing!

I think that newer belly bands don't have the pilot chute on them (and I can't see it on this one). They're only used to cinch the rig up well against the body. For that purpose, they make sense, and with a BOC there's no significant possibility of interferign with the pilot chute launch.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Gonna try to sneak out today and get a jump in on it..I will let you know...hopefully get into the 120's with this baby.:P As far as the price goes, you are definatley right about it. I actually posted an ad in the classifieds in hope to drum up her some income.
"GOT LEAD?"

I think just two of us, me (green, center back), and the woman in the tan jumpsuit to my right.

There were quite a few local women -- there's at least one picture in my gallery of a different WSCR, with several different women in it.

Wendy W.