mamajumps

CPR....Are you certified?

this made me pull out my card. recommended renewal date is 5/2009.
I was certified in 2007 and before that in 2006. I think the last time before that was probably in the 90s.
If I remember correctly in 2006 I was told 15:1 or 20:1 and in 2007 they said we didn't have to do the breathing. I was surprised to hear this bc I believe the first time I was taught cpr it was something like 5:2
Does that sound about like what others have been taught over the years?
and you say the current is 30:2?

Yes.

Actual "saves" are very few and far between, but so worth it. Doesnt work on the "woke up deads" but greatly increases the chance for surviving if started immediately. I certainly wish more people would invest the small amount of time and effort involved:|

Oh, and go make sure your house numbers are EASILY visible from the street, please.

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Thanks for the post! It has really got me thinking that I need to be re-certified! As a father of 2 little active boys this is sooo important.

My brother came upon a motorcycle crash in Colorado a few years ago. He said there was a crowd of folks around him but no one knew what to do. My bro jumped in and began compressions and got him going again. The guy was pretty tore up but he lived.
something funny and unique

I was certified a long time ago, but not re-certified. But I'm sure if I had to use it, I'd still do it properly. My kids are now certified, and we were discussing specifics. I remembered almost everything correctly (although there has been some evolution in the "count").

My wife is an ALS and BLS Instructor

My CPR is outdated but has worked 3 times.

Hey at least I can stop a sucking chest wound.B|

Three saves? I have two "saves" on the same guy at two diffrent events.
1st time he came in one of our rigs with my coworkers, the next time he came in a few months later he coded and the same coworker that worked him with me before worked me with him again.
I did not realize at the 2nd event that it was the same guy until his wife walked in and it was like a flashback.. crazy stuff.
www.greenboxphotography.com