skybytch

Avoid Disappointment - Be Specific!

So you want something special on your new custom container, canopy or jumpsuit, do you? You saw it on a person, in the air or in a picture and you want your new item to look exactly like the one you saw. Or you have an idea for something that you haven't seen anyplace else.

Be Specific about what you want!! If you want something exactly like what's in a picture include the picture with your order and state "I want mine to look exactly like this one." Don't tell them you want it "exactly like what's on so and so's website" or "exactly like Joe Bob's suit." Don't make the manufacturer have to work to find out what you want - include all the relevant information with your order.

If you don't have or can't come up with a picture then draw one - again, be very specific about what you want, where you want it and what colors you want it to be.

If you can't be bothered to be specific, then you need to be happy with what you get.

If you're going to order strange color combinations, be prepared to keep the item even if you hate it. You may think neon orange, olive green and magenta look wonderful together but really, everyone else thinks it looks ridiculous and it has absolutely no resale value - important since returned but unused custom items end up in someone's stock. No company wants, needs or can afford yet another shelf queen to gather dust and pay inventory taxes on.

So you want something special on your new custom container, canopy or jumpsuit, do you? You saw it on a person, in the air or in a picture and you want your new item to look exactly like the one you saw. Or you have an idea for something that you haven't seen anyplace else.

Be Specific about what you want!! If you want something exactly like what's in a picture include the picture with your order and state "I want mine to look exactly like this one." Don't tell them you want it "exactly like what's on so and so's website" or "exactly like Joe Bob's suit." Don't make the manufacturer have to work to find out what you want - include all the relevant information with your order.

If you don't have or can't come up with a picture then draw one - again, be very specific about what you want, where you want it and what colors you want it to be.

If you can't be bothered to be specific, then you need to be happy with what you get.

If you're going to order strange color combinations, be prepared to keep the item even if you hate it. You may think neon orange, olive green and magenta look wonderful together but really, everyone else thinks it looks ridiculous and it has absolutely no resale value - important since returned but unused custom items end up in someone's stock. No company wants, needs or can afford yet another shelf queen to gather dust and pay inventory taxes on.

LOL!

Geee SB, what wingnut ordered something with techno-puke-colors and then decided they didn't like it after seeing it "live" and then proceeded to piss in your wheaties about it?? There has to be a story behind THAT rant! Do tell...

:D

*offers beer to put out flames*

ha ha! When I ordered my last jumpsuit, I told the person who would be making it to let me know up front if she thought it would be hideous! (of course, she's also a good friend and she took the order, measured me and helped design it!)

Smacking "Frenchy" in beautiful embroidered latters does increase resale value of any item 10-fold!:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

And when using a computer coloring program, remember that most items are 3D. I thought I was selecting a color for minor detail on the edges of my Wings without realizing that it was the SIDES of the rig. Didn't come out horribly, but it effectively swapped the colors I wanted as primary and secondary. It did achieve the goal of being immediately visible in a sea of containers on the ground.

Best would be to have a sample item in hand as you plot out the choices.

I've been playing with the rig designer program, and have confirmed that my Icon can have the logos all in the same colours as the panels they're on... I guess that's close enough :|
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Oaky..i gotta dumb question...:S

Can someone order a custom container WITHOUT the brand name in huge letters all over it?
:)

Yes I ordered my Micron WITHOUT side wall labels, I just crossed out what they had as a defualt and wrote in BIG ARSE letter NO SIDE WALL EMBROIDERY:ph34r::ph34r:

I didn't get any;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Most manufacturers, you have to specifically order the logo and pay extra for it, not the other way around. (At least with Wings, Javelin and Vector)

I've got a Wings now, had a Javellin, neither had the company name embroidered on the side.

Oaky..i gotta dumb question...:S

Can someone order a custom container WITHOUT the brand name in huge letters all over it?
:)

No, not a dumb question...

Yes, you can order a custom container WITHOUT the brand name in huge letters all over it. Like several have said, be specific when you order your container... what ever the brand... that you do NOT want THEIR name in big letters on YOUR rig. I ordered a Javelin a couple of years ago and was able to get it without the big obnoxious side logos... now of course if they were sponsoring me and had been giving me the rig for free... that would have been a different story...
;)

Most manufacturers, you have to specifically order the logo and pay extra for it, not the other way around. (At least with Wings, Javelin and Vector)

I edited my previous post to reflect that the embroideries are not standard on all manufacturers' equipment. It is becoming a more popular standard feature, and some of the products come with embroidery by default.

For Great Deals on Gear

Jump Shack's Racer doesn't do that. I'm the same way - I just want a comfortable, reliable, nice-looking rig, without being a walking billboard advertisement.

When I sent my order in to bev suits, I sent an email with jpgs to show the colors. Bev doesn't have a color design program on her site, so I took the picture of the suit on the order form, cropped it to show just the suit rather than the whole form, and colored it in with the fill tool in MSPaint. Took me about ten minutes.

When I called a day or so later to ask a question about the lining, the person I spoke with thanked me for the pictures and commented that it made it easy for them to see exactly what I wanted. When I got the suit a few weeks later, it was perfect, exactly like the pictures, and just what I wanted.

Here's a recommendation for suit makers for measurement - along Nightengales picture insight:

for each measurement on the form on the website, link it to a picture of someone actually taking that measurement - with closeups of the end of the measuring tape and the other end where it's read.

It's a website - put the pics in. A drawn graphic with lines all over it isn't always enough and we don't know if you and the next person measure that particular one completely differently. Save on rework.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

So I take it my fancy new suit looks totally fucked up?

Dang.

B|