Thanatos340

Dating.

I think that when a man asks a woman out on a date, then he asks her to pick the restaurant, its actually a trick to see how expensive of a girlfriend she's going to be.

Some of the guys I've dated should know how lucky they were. :D

Ohhhhhh.......... the HMB test.! High Maintenance Bitch. That's one of my nicknames - HMB. B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

I would just like a nice evening out. If things go well then of course breakfast the next day...:P

Seriously, I am not expecting someone to spend more than 100 for a first date. Most descent places are 25-30 per person and then 1-2 glasses of wine. A nice dinner and a few drinks are fine. It isn't about what or where you go it is about going there with that person.

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Hey Sweet Cheeks.. YOU ME Sushi. Whadda you say?;)

Hmm.. are you talking RuSan's, or this great little place you know in Tokyo? ;)

Your choice.:P

Well.. you know which one I'd pick.

So .. the one on Windy Hill, or Buckhead? :)
Seriously though, we should make a dinner date, cause I keep missing you at the dz.

Ohhh.. I do have to admit that I am impressed when a man picks out a nice bottle of wine and isn't afraid to pay for it. Cause I'm afraid to pick one out when I know how much it costs at the wine shop. Not afraid to drink it if its ordered though! :)
So guys.. note that as a good move.

Ladies.. A Guy asks you out to dinner and you accept. What are your expectations?

My expectations are to be treated with respect, and have fun! I don't care if we eat at Taco Bell.

Here Here!

The best first date I had was going to learn how to play disk golf. It was fun, I got to be outdoors, and we truely enjoyed each other's company. After that, we went to get one of the best cuban sandwhiches I have ever had at a small hole in the wall joint!

It was simple and fun....and I never even thought about the amount of money he was spending or not spending. ;)
F LORIDA!

For a first date, I would either expect (depending on how well I knew the guy before going out with him) something like starbucks, in which case, about $10, or billiards and drinks at Dave and Busters for a few hours, which I guess would be around $50 or so. I also wouldn't mind doing something like a picnic in a park, which wouldn't cost any more than whatever food was packed.

It's not the cost of the date, it's the quality of the company that matters.

I would just like a nice evening out. If things go well then of course breakfast the next day...:P

Seriously, I am not expecting someone to spend more than 100 for a first date. Most descent places are 25-30 per person and then 1-2 glasses of wine. A nice dinner and a few drinks are fine. It isn't about what or where you go it is about going there with that person.

I wouldnt spend that much probably. Since I dont make large sums of money I like to be creative with the dates I go on.
For example:
Ill take a lady to a drive in diner and have burgers and shakes. After that (since I think the whole movie thing is pretty cliche') Ill take her to Putt-Putt, or bowling, or even just a nice drive though the canyon up to the resivior near Ogden just for some quality "find out about each other" time. From very early on I was taught that if you need to impress a woman with money then thats probably not the woman you want to be with. And as far as the movie thing goes, I cant stand just sitting on my ass for several hours doing what amounts to absolutely nothing. Quality time and good conversation are far better than the new release of ...insert movie title here. Just my opinion though and probably why I dont have a gf right now.[:/]
Muff #5048

I wouldnt spend that much probably. Since I dont make large sums of money I like to be creative with the dates I go on.
For example:
Ill take a lady to a drive in diner and have burgers and shakes. After that (since I think the whole movie thing is pretty cliche') Ill take her to Putt-Putt, or bowling, or even just a nice drive though the canyon up to the resivior near Ogden just for some quality "find out about each other" time. From very early on I was taught that if you need to impress a woman with money then thats probably not the woman you want to be with.

I would start to worry you were going to rape me, slice my head off, rape me again :D and then bury my body parts all across the county if I went on one of those kinds of dates. :D

For example:
Ill take a lady to a drive in diner and have burgers and shakes. After that (since I think the whole movie thing is pretty cliche') Ill take her to Putt-Putt, or bowling, or even just a nice drive though the canyon up to the resivior near Ogden just for some quality "find out about each other" time. From very early on I was taught that if you need to impress a woman with money then thats probably not the woman you want to be with.

I would start to worry you were going to rape me, slice my head off, rape me again :D and then bury my body parts all across the county if I went on one of those kinds of dates. :D

Seriously, you have never been on a scenic drive just for the sake of going on a drive? Thats whats wrong with the world today. Too many fuck-ups have messed up a perfectly enjoyable activity by commiting some horrible crime. For me a nice sunset drive through some of the most scenic places near where I live is a very good cheap way to relax and forget (if only for a while) about the stresses of the day.:)
Muff #5048

My expectations are to be treated with respect, and have fun! I don't care if we eat at Taco Bell.

Seriously..
A Guy asks you out. Takes you to Taco Bell.. And you are not thinking What a Loser??

Seriously I expected a more real answer from you.

I don't know if I'd think "what a loser", but I might think... "mmmmkay, this is interesting".

Really my point was that it doesn't necessarily matter the dollar amount he spends, but the person he is. I certainly don't expect to be eating a 3 course meal on our first date, but maybe saying taco bell would be ok was a little.... not true. Although I like Taco Bell, I might not want to go on a second date.

Seriously..
A Guy asks you out. Takes you to Taco Bell.. And you are not thinking What a Loser??

Seriously I expected a more real answer from you.
actually the first place I got food with my girlfriend was taco bell... of course it wasn't a date, and there was at least one other person there with us...

but we didn't really "date" until after we were clearly already together... of course we go on dates regularly now... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I used to pick something that sounds fun and roll with it. I think I averaged about $100 plus or minus $10. I figured I would show her a part of my personality with the type of date while discovering hers during. Worked for me!!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Seriously, you have never been on a scenic drive just for the sake of going on a drive? Thats whats wrong with the world today. Too many fuck-ups have messed up a perfectly enjoyable activity by commiting some horrible crime. For me a nice sunset drive through some of the most scenic places near where I live is a very good cheap way to relax and forget (if only for a while) about the stresses of the day.:)

Sure I have. I actually love to go on a nice drive especially in the fall when the leaves start to change. But I don't think I would go with a strange man. Once I knew you well enough, if you passed the background check, then sure, I'd say let's hit the road. ;)

Although I like Taco Bell, I might not want to go on a second date.

It's called "hitting the escape button" :P:)

Seriously, some of the most...interesting dates I went on simply involved meeting up at some place and see where we'd end up (fully knowing as I write this just how wrong that sounds).
These include a pub quiz, playing pool, the cabaret, theater, some really weird movie and dinner for two at some small but excellent restaurant in an Amsterdam alley I'm sure I'll never find again.
Some of these were even with the same girl..
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Granted, I don't get asked out very often, but I'd rather just go hiking or something to spend time and get to know the person better. If they do want to go to dinner...it doesn't have to be a fancy/expensive place. Those are reserved for anniversary things to me.
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I would start to worry you were going to rape me, slice my head off, rape me again and then bury my body parts all across the county if I went on one of those kinds of dates.

Don't scare the whuffos peanut
Don't scare the whuffos peanut.

aaawww chit, PEOPLE,, She's got a nickname that is crying out for me...
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

First a disclaimer:

I've been married for ten years so what the hell do I know?

Regardless, I have to ask - what in the hell kind of dates do you guys go on that cost over $100? Holy crap, I wish you were around when I was single.

If it's a first date to get laid, buy her a nice dinner, buy her top shelf drinks and get on with it.

If it's someone you want to get to know, you must plan.

The best dates are to do something totally out of the ordinary. If you have lived somewhere for many years or your whole life that tourists like to go, there are likely a ton of things that tourists line up to do that you've never done. The "it'll always be there attitude".

Take her for a wander around town, get food from a hot dog vendor, buy her a I (heart) wherever you live t-shirt. If she's not having fun with that or thinks you're an idiot for suggesting it, it's the last date.

Zoos are always great. You will get to see how she reacts to animals humping (an 'eeewww GROSS' is a red flag), children screaming (this depends on your love or lack of love for children), bad smells (hopefully coming from the animals and not you), etc. Best if they have a petting zoo. See if she freaks out over getting dirty and slobbered on (not *that* kind of dirty and slobbered on - that comes later). If things go well, most zoos have a nocturnal house which is a good place to make a move...
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.