npgraphicdesign

How diverse is the skydiving community?

Persian, you know like the cat.
Came to the US in 1985
Currently married to a nice Finnish girl that drives me crazy.

Ya know - The greeks kicked your ass in the movie 300!:D

They won the battle but we won the war. :)And in return we gave the world Shiraz wine, good looking dangerous women and Xmass.
But it was a hell of a good movie!
I don't think there was any anti Persian issues with it at all. It served as a good life leason.
And I think the girls liked the eye candy.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

On my Mom's side: Norweigen, Swedish, English, German... I don't know my Dad's side, but Northern European Mutt pretty much sums it up.

Oh, and my first name is Italian... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

What's your background and nationality? Are you 100% purebred or a product of different cultures, countries, etc?

I'm Asian/Vietnamese born in Vietnam....both of my parents are Vietnamese, raised here in the US. Most people say I don't look Asian...mixture of Latin, Hawaiian, and French is what people tells me.

It's all good to me, I get a lick out of Vietnamese/or French people say things behind my back...only to find their jaws dropped when I respond. :)
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

I'm Irish, Polish, Silcian, Greek and Turkish...you know...in other words, I'm American. :P

My last name is Greek, which is pretty obvious, yet people HAVE to ask me every time they hear it.
Them: "Athanas - is that Greek?"
Me: "No it's Chinese, Einstein!"

http://3ringnecklace.com/

We're diverse in more ways than just nationality. Education, profession, religion, politics, income, age, you name it - we're all different. And that's one of the great strengths of this sport - it brings together people from all walks of life, who can hang out and have fun together.

Most heartily concur!

Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

I'm Thai, Lithuanian, Cambodian, and Greek. When asked I answer half Thai and half white. The usual response is," Oh you're Taiwanese?" :S:D

Also being in SoCal I'm often mistaken as Mexican. Even had one customer try to con me so when I jumped his shit he walked away and said,"fuckin beaner!" :D

www.FourWheelerHB.com

We're diverse in more ways than just nationality. Education, profession, religion, politics, income, age, you name it - we're all different. And that's one of the great strengths of this sport - it brings together people from all walks of life, who can hang out and have fun together. Even turtles!

Great point John!
But...you forgot to mention 'humor' in your list...;)

We're diverse in more ways than just nationality. Education, profession, religion, politics, income, age, you name it - we're all different. And that's one of the great strengths of this sport - it brings together people from all walks of life, who can hang out and have fun together. Even turtles!

Great point John! But...you forgot to mention 'humor' in your list...;)

It also occurred to me that I forgot to mention tastes in beer.

Great point John! But...you forgot to mention 'humor' in your list...;)

It also occurred to me that I forgot to mention tastes in beer.

Oh broaden your mind will you? Tastes in ALCOHOL in general...

I'm Irish, Polish, Silcian, Greek and Turkish...you know...in other words, I'm American. :P

My last name is Greek, which is pretty obvious, yet people HAVE to ask me every time they hear it.
Them: "Athanas - is that Greek?"
Me: "No it's Chinese, Einstein!"

Somebody who is a bigger mutt than me :ph34r: ... awesome :ph34r::ph34r: ...

O

My mother was born in Berlin, Germany. Both her parents being 100% german. My dad was born in Montrose, Scotland. Both his parents being 100% scottish.

Nice even split although I look like the picture perfect Hitler Youth.
THANKS MOM:S

:D:D:D

Briles

Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55

Pretty standard Eastern European mix: typical story. Mother and Father were 1st generation, Fathers side came from Austria-Hungary and Poland, Mothers Mom from some little town in Russia that ceased to exist durning WW2, Moms Father was from Austria. All came through Ellis Island around 1905 - 1908.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Dutch/Irish. Born in Conn, raised in Fla, live in Cali. As far of types of people who skydive I have met just about every race. Personalities range from sinners to saints, liberal to conservative. Its very difficult to try to pinpoint a typical skydiver trait, although many have tried. Its all goodB|

Dutch/Irish. Born in Conn, raised in Fla, live in Cali. As far of types of people who skydive I have met just about every race. Personalities range from sinners to saints, liberal to conservative. Its very difficult to try to pinpoint a typical skydiver trait, although many have tried. Its all goodB|

Where in Conn?

Born and raised in Minnesota.
I'm English, Norweigan, Polish, Scottish, Austrian... prolly a good 4 or 5 other areas... I'm 10% this 15% that...
My family also has some type of hidden past, but they are mostly dead... and I never got a chance to ask me father about anything.
[:/]:)
Take Care.

I don't have a license for this.

My mother's side was purely Irish decent (that's where I got my taste for the bottle:ph34r:). I think my Dad's a bit of a mutt.

I was born and raised in Canada, then moved to the US for about 3 years, then to Venezuela, and now I'm bouncing around all of Latin America.

It's cool skydiving in Latin American and seeing the same basic principles as all DZ's I've been to in North America (basically meaning a whole lot of smiling good people, Sublime on the stereo and a lot of hangovers Sunday morning), but while drinking beer with a funny name:)

I got nuthin

My father was a catholic priest from Cork, Ireland. My mother a native of the American south east (Georgia). Half Irish, half English/Irish/Cherokee/whoever else was in the wood pile.

I get two passports out of the deal, though I don't make it over the pond all that often.

~Gav
Life doesn't need reasons, just participants.

D.S.#21