npgraphicdesign

What do you read?

as a youngster, mostly fiction, and science fiction. last 20 years, only non-fiction. adventure and history: air combat, helicopter pilots in vietnam, Rangers / LRRP's in Nam, Mt Everest stories, astronaut biographies, test pilots, Wyatt Earp in AZ ( where I live. I love to go and walk where he walked, it is amazing, and spooky). John Dillinger ( I am going to go walk where he was when killed :|)

I read or listen to about 5 books a week. I try to rotate fiction and non-fiction. Last week it was the 5000 year leap by W. Cleon Skousen, common sense by Glenn Beck, Dooms day key by James Rollins, Sand storm also by Rollins, House Atreides Herbert and Anderson

All were good books, 5000 year leap was the best. How about you?

I read or listen to about 5 books a week. I try to rotate fiction and non-fiction. Last week it was the 5000 year leap by W. Cleon Skousen, common sense by Glenn Beck, Dooms day key by James Rollins, Sand storm also by Rollins, House Atreides Herbert and Anderson

All were good books, 5000 year leap was the best. How about you?

Just finished Confessions of Felix Krull, Confidence Man: The Early Years, by Thomas Mann. Fantastic book, with a very unusual twist to it.

Also read a lot of graphic design books (not just picture-based) but history of graphic design, theories/principles...very little fiction, some history, some monographs, biographies, etc.

mainly fiction, or workshop manuals,

right now I'm reading (again) one hundred years of solitude. great book.

One of the greatest book ever written in my opinion.

I read mostly fiction, with once in a while historical or geo-political books.
I just finished reading The autumn of the patriarch (Garcia Marquez), moving on to "Les 10,000 marches" (the 10,000 steps?) by Lucien Bodard.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

How often does everyone on here read, and what do you read? Magazines, the classics, fiction, non-fiction, etc.?

Oh and Parachutist, comic books, yellow pages, and skydiving gear catalogues don't count as reading material. :P

I read everyday and I also write quite a bit too. I read the current affairs,some comedy, political views, instructional information, and it can all be found here on dz.com. :P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Non-Fiction: Survivors Club, Outliers, Chasing Daylight, Jimmy Buffet and Philosophy.

Looking forward to finishing the JB book, and I will probably get a couple others in the series (Star Wars, Seinfeld).

Fiction -- Rudyard Kipling, T.S. Elliot.

Best,
Dru
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

I read quite a bit when traveling. Almost always, its page flipping fiction / thrillers I grab at the airports.

Last one I read was the 3rd book in Koontz's Frankenstein this week. I was surprised with the 1st 2 since he didn't resort to his usual trifecta: supernatural powers and dogs (he already had his lead woman, but 1/3 isnt bad). Only took 100 pages of book 3 to get both the dog and the supernatural power in the game... [:/] lol

Remster

How often does everyone on here read, and what do you read? Magazines, the classics, fiction, non-fiction, etc.?

Oh and Parachutist, comic books, yellow pages, and skydiving gear catalogues don't count as reading material. :P

I read everyday and I also write quite a bit too. I read the current affairs,some comedy, political views, instructional information, and it can all be found here on dz.com. :P

I guess I should've said... 'dz.com doesn't count either' :P

I try to make myself read 1 book a month. I try to keep the type of books I read varied, and I force myself to stay well rounded. I definitely prefer fiction, and sci-fi at that. I read everything though.

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Terry Brooks, those are probably my favorites. I like Anne Rice, John Grisham, Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, (The Screwtape Letters are great), Brian McClaren.
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

I read mostly non-fiction.

Currently reading:

• War 2.0: Irregular Warfare in the Information Age (which I have to do an ‘adult book report’ on :P, aka a book review)
  • Civilian Surge: Key to Complex Operations
  • The Radicalism of the American Revolution
  • State Secrets: An Insider's Chronicle of the Russian Chemical Weapons Program. Back in 2004, had a colleague translate parts from a photocopy of the original manuscript in Russian that was being passed around (& photocopied repeatedly).

Read/browse regularly a variety of journals, magazines, and newspapers, including international ones.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
    Tibetan Buddhist saying

Some authors that I love are Robert Ludlum, Robert B Parker, Robert Crais, Tolkien, John Grisham, Dan Brown, James Rollins, Dean Koontz, and Janet Evanovich
    I am "ROGUE" (III Degree Smutsketeer)
    Official "poster above you" thread starter

"And don't forget we like men with balls and no needle dicks. So, basically, you're out." ~LuckyMcSwervy

I read less and less & consider it a real treat to open up a book..

All-time favourites include

A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush
    The Grapes of Wrath
    The Prince
    Round Ireland With a Fridge
    If This is a Man
    Animal Farm
    "There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
    - Chris Hadfield
    « Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
    - my boss

I read less and less & consider it a real treat to open up a book..

All-time favourites include

A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush

Agree. Very good read!

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
    Tibetan Buddhist saying