shah269

So what music you only seem to be into?

I'm a hip-hop beatmaker (yeah I know, most of you HATE hip-hop :P), so by definition I listen to a lot of different styles of music: Pink Floyd, Vivaldi, Ennio Morricone, The Alan Parsons Project, Nina Simone, Thelonious Monk, Glen Miller, and so on... and I don't know anyone around me that listen to that kind of stuff. [:/]

Ennio Morricone as in unexpected violence?

If so that is a great choice.

Ennio Morricone as in unexpected violence?

If so that is a great choice.

Ennio Morricone, as in "Ennio Moriccone is the greatest film score composer of all time". ;)
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

Marillion- Misplaced Childhood. One of my favorite albums, and definitely one of those albums that should be listened to in order from start to finish! I got turned on to that one when I spent the summer of 1985 in Europe.

The Stranglers Aural Sculpture is another one from that summer. What a fabulous summer it was!

Its not that other people don't like the bands or music that I like. I like a lot of different music- I think my iPod pretty much runs the full spectrum. But, I listen to a lot of latin music- rock, more traditional stuff, and dance music like reggaeton. My favorite rock band is Mana and they only sing in Spanish. When people walk past my desk and hear Spanish rock or reggaeton, they tend to raise their eyebrows a bit.

I LOVE latin music too! Mana is great! I'd love to see them in concert someday! I also listen to a lot of reggaeton and am always looking for new stuff!

Their next album is supposed to be released early next year, and they'll probably be back on tour as soon as the album is released. I assume they'll be touring then. I plan on seeing them whenever they are in town! They are awesome live- I saw them 2 years ago and I have a few of their concert DVDs. I highly recommend MTV Unplugged if you don't already have it. DVD and/or album.

I don't know that I listen to much in the fringes. I like Tool, Incubus, Sevendust, DSE, Chris Isaak, Michael Jackson, Stephen Lynch (thanks Hollywood), Seether, Shinedown, Garth Brooks, Boston, 38 special, Foreigner, Mozart, Aerosmith, Snoop (old stuff), Pearl Jam, Audioslave, and Chris Daughtry.

This is not an exaustive list.:P

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Sometimes it is Death Metal . . .

Great for base jumping, especially the Norwegian DM.:)

We caught The Melvins last night playing in Seattle. Been trying to make one of their shows for a while, but it just hadn't worked out. They weren't the headliner, so they only had a 45 minute set, but played several songs I liked. I'm not the only Melvins fan, but not too many of them on a typical Otter load. Nude with Boots is usually playing in my head on jumprun.:D

Reel Big Fish are coming in September to one of our favorite venues. We'll try to catch them. Also like The Bouncing Souls, from Jersey. They haven't been through town in a while. Valinda and I also go see the Dropkick Murphys and the Supersuckers every chance we get.

I guess our list is more on the punk rock/rock side of things than a lot of what's popular today. Hard to pigeon hole what you like, you just like it.:)

I do listen to every genre on a regular basis but I have yet to meet anyone (outside of shows) that was into Psychobilly

We get into a little Psychobilly from time to time. Local band called the Swinos put on a pretty good show. I've got one of their CD's around here somewhere . . . :S

Come by, bring some PBR, and we'll give it a listen. :)

Lots of people listen to most of the music listed here. :P Some of us learned that our musical tastes aren't quite as unique as we might have thought they were! And lots if us seem to have very eclectic taste in music, which is cool, IMO.

I do listen to every genre on a regular basis but I have yet to meet anyone (outside of shows) that was into Psychobilly

We get into a little Psychobilly from time to time. Local band called the Swinos put on a pretty good show. I've got one of their CD's around here somewhere . . . :S

Come by, bring some PBR, and we'll give it a listen. :)

Well just looked at your profile and seems you are close to a pretty hot PB scene out there, I'm out east so I don't get to see most of those bands very often... Been waiting on the The Dead Cats forever it seems, very crazy local band out here called The Brains if you ever see a flyer check em out

[ seems you are close to a pretty hot PB scene out there, I'm out east so I don't get to see most of those bands very often... Been waiting on the The Dead Cats forever

I visited their Myspace page. Saw they toured with the Supersuckers this year on their 20th Anniversary tour. Hell, they're just across the border from us. I like their Link Wray covers.B|

Supersuckers hate the term cowpunk, but it fits somewhat. We saw them this year, had the old Seattle band Green River get back together to do the warm up for the Seattle show. That show took me back a lot of years, before Seattle got famous.:)
I bet you'd like this one too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb_juTPQJUc The Rev was just in town, but skydiving got in the way of seeing his show. Maybe this winter.B|