jdthomas

Gi Joe parachute drop KC

There is a GI Joe convention going on in KC this weekend, as a promo "they" dropped 300 parachute gi joes off the Hyatt hotel downtown.
The parachute drop was billed as an event for kids. kids made a small percentage of the crowd and many adult "kids" would grab the parachutes and the kids got very few as a result. I was in high hopes that there would be more people in costume so i could add to my photo collection of other sides of life, but sometimes they don't make plus size soilder costumes I guess!!!
I guess i will wait till comiccon comes back to captuer images of adults that live in parents basements and play online dungeons and dragons!
enjoy these pics until then.
1st pic. 300 parachute dolls tossed from roof
2nd pic. some adults holding thier new found toys.
3rd pic. a couple of GI Joe adults eyeing a kid and his toy, sadly the local news reported that some adults actually took dolls from a few kids!
www.greenboxphotography.com

I saw that on TV a couple of hours ago. I thought I saw one whistling in under a streamer. Maybe not. It seems like they took quite a chance liability-wise. I'd think it would leave a mark if one didn't open and it hit you on the head from that height. B|

Me too.:D

Once, in Utah, I saw a candy drop to the kids at a demo go bad. The C-206 makes a low pass, ~100 mph, 150-200 feet. A jumper in the door has a big paper sack full of small candies. In the door, the wind catches the bag and the jumper loses his grip, dropping the whole thing. It plummets towards the running swarm of kids, 10# of hard candy still in the bag going 100 mph. It hits the ground maybe 20 feet short of them, rips open and sprays them with high speed candy like a claymore mine. :o

I held my breath. There was a brief, shocked pause with the kids, then . . . bam, they were scrambling for candy on the ground, a la pinata. Whew!:D I'm amazed no one got hurt.:)

Once, in Utah, I saw a candy drop to the kids at a demo go bad. The C-206 makes a low pass, ~100 mph, 150-200 feet. A jumper in the door has a big paper sack full of small candies. In the door, the wind catches the bag and the jumper loses his grip, dropping the whole thing. It plummets towards the running swarm of kids, 10# of hard candy still in the bag going 100 mph. It hits the ground maybe 20 feet short of them, rips open and sprays them with high speed candy like a claymore mine.

Which brings us around to Mr. Carlson saying, " ...... as God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I saw that on TV a couple of hours ago. I thought I saw one whistling in under a streamer. Maybe not. It seems like they took quite a chance liability-wise. I'd think it would leave a mark if one didn't open and it hit you on the head from that height. B|

Wait, wouldn't the cutaway and pull reserve? What about AAD's?
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

I know this is way off topic but what flashed through my mind was the episode from "WKRP in Cinncinati" where they air droped the turkeys

Damn I remember that. :ph34r:

...and along those same lines with a 'local' flavor, news/urban legend has said that years ago a bunch of UW frat boys tossed a rooster off the top of a dorm room yelling, 'SUCK MY COCK!'

I know it's animal cruelty, and I'll prolly go to hell for giggling. >:( I hope the poor creature at least found a suitable end. -There's a KFC not far from campus. :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.