banesanura

Men in Uniform.

I’m at Ft Huachuca this week – lots of men in uniform, mostly ACUs. Was talking this morning with a civilian colleague from the Marine Corps about strategic culture, linguistic nuance, and when direct translation fails.

I told a story from a few years ago when I was at a NATO meeting in Italy. The Italian Army Colonel in charge of the meeting informed me, with respect to the officer assigned as my liaison: “he will take care of you and make you happy.”

What went through my mind at the time but I didn't vocalize, which I did share with my colleague & accompanying Marines today, was “dang, the US Army doesn’t even do that.” ;)

One of the Marines with us speaks up: “Ma’am, the Marines will.”

:)

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

I just thought of something...

I can't think of what that's called around your left shoulder.... but it would certainly come in handy to double as wrist restraints. I'm just sayin'.... ;)

HaHa 10 feet of webbing and a hook The possibilities are endless.... I know how to tie good knots too :D
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

Pinkington. . .
Are you by any chance relations to a Navy Chief Petty Officer who served at RIO Hilla, Iraq?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

took u 18 years to make 7.... haha

And this military man found out today....im getting one more stripe....Made the E-7 list in under 12 years

<<<< and made the E7 list in 8 years..(suddenly i don't hear you haha'in or coughin anymore!!)
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."