banesanura

Men in Uniform.

Pinkington. . .
Are you by any chance relations to a Navy Chief Petty Officer who served at RIO Hilla, Iraq?

Is his name Pilkington, or Pinkington?

The reason I ask is because I have a few family members serving.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

We need pics of the guys in their kilts from last weekend. Not a uniform exactly but still fun to look at. :D

Check FB. I've seen tons of pics from last weekend. Had no idea there were so many cameras there... :o
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

took u 18 years to make 7.... haha

And this military man found out today....im getting one more stripe....Made the E-7 list in under 12 years

<<<< and made the E7 list in 8 years..(suddenly i don't hear you haha'in or coughin anymore!!)

For one.....I dont know you or care to...you should read my signature line before you start commenting to me.

Two...Matt and I are friends, you and I arent

three...I cant say if I would have made the list in 7 or 8 years, but I do know the I didnt make the list fore the last 5 years is bacause I was out of my career field being on a Parachute Team...
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Speaking of which....has nayone heard from Banesanure since the night of the ball??? I think the drowned in all the Rangers...

Spontaneous human combustion?

She walked into the ball, saw all the uniforms.... *fwoosh*

:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

For one.....I dont know you or care to...you should read my signature line before you start commenting to me.***

If I was commenting just to you I would have sent you a PM, mr sensitive.

***Two...Matt and I are friends, you and I arent

Really??? Awww, and we just met! Bad 1st impression?

three...I cant say if I would have made the list in 7 or 8 years, but I do know the I didnt make the list fore the last 5 years is bacause I was out of my career field being on a Parachute Team...

I understand your reasoning, or excuses for not making it, really i do;)

Wow, peeps need to chill, and relax. i thought this was the, "The Bonfire Room
Sit back, relax and vent yer angst! This is the place for non-skydiving related discussions."

I understand now DaGimp, you were just confused and thought you were posting in another room: "where you need to get empowered in a comfortable environment. All are free to post or read, but keep in mind that there can be sensitive topics here, enter with maturity in mind.

I guess i could see where you could get the two rooms confused.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

<<<< and made the E7 list in 8 years

It sounds like rank is harder to get these days. It probably too depends on which unit you are in.

Back in 1970 I saw a lot of E-7's out pushing a broom. There was a lot of rank in Special Forces.

When you completed S.F. training everyone was given E-5. If you were in the top 2% of your class you were given E-6.

Then there were the NCO academies. You could attend one of these and come out of it with E-5. We called these people Shake and Bakes. Many of them ended up as squad leaders in Vietnam.

I was up for E-7 after six years. Yes, times were different back then. If I was more gun-ho, I probably could have got it. I had a terrible attitude after serving six years in the National Guard. Most of them were a joke back then. We had one real idiot in our unit who was an E-8. It just goes to show that rank doesn't always mean much.....

Speaking of which....has nayone heard from Banesanure since the night of the ball??? I think the drowned in all the Rangers...

She was at Fitzgerald Saturday and Sunday being a bad influence... ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

<<<< and made the E7 list in 8 years

It sounds like rank is harder to get these days. It probably too depends on which unit you are in.

Back in 1970 I saw a lot of E-7's out pushing a broom. There was a lot of rank in Special Forces.

When you completed S.F. training everyone was given E-5. If you were in the top 2% of your class you were given E-6.

Then there were the NCO academies. You could attend one of these and come out of it with E-5. We called these people Shake and Bakes. Many of them ended up as squad leaders in Vietnam.

I was up for E-7 after six years. Yes, times were different back then. If I was more gun-ho, I probably could have got it. I had a terrible attitude after serving six years in the National Guard. Most of them were a joke back then. We had one real idiot in our unit who was an E-8. It just goes to show that rank doesn't always mean much.....

It depends on your next rank and your job field. If people ranked above you aren't getting out, being forced out, or dying, there aren't any open slots. They can only have so many of each rank and the higher it goes, the fewer slots, therefore harder to make rank. If you're in a job field that a lot of people like, it's often times hard to get promoted, whereas other jobs people get out of or have higher risks of death, opening up job positions in the upper ranks. It also depends on your individual records and who is more qualified for the job, but that's kind of a given.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Notice... I didnt take the picture, now did I?

Oh, BTW I got your card, but I was wise and didnt spill any confetti out of it. Now I know what to look for. B|

And I have a brighter picture, but I dont like it.... Tammy seems to love it though.

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Sorry for the delay!

The ball was a lot of fun. The whole punch ceremony was long but it was funny!

I have pics to post but I'm on the road right now! I'm heading to Cincinnati! Let's say the ladies will be pleased.

I never really understood military life. I am really proud of my little pookie. And any chance I get I am totally getting him back in those class A's. It sucks for me that he's going to ranger school soon followed by deployment but ill be busy with work and heading back to Chicago soon.

Who knows....I might be living on base soon.
Best Girl Scout Ever.