JohnRich

Parents; Do you steal some of your kid's Halloween candy?

It's not stealing if you helped them get it, and tell them "hand me the M&M's, please" :ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I was over at a friend's house when her younger son returned from trick-or-treating.

He came in, dumped out the bag, and offered his mom and me our choice of what we wanted (he did ask that we not take all of his favorites, but we could have one).

She's done a pretty good job bringing them up IMHO.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Those Reeces are GOOD!! I like to justify it as "quality control";)

Those are just the right size of chocolate and peanut butter. If you get the bigger ones they taste waxy.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I just went and stole some now, thanx to this thread.
Twix. Mmm.

The 8yr old didnt get any twix. I knew there was something missing in his candy stash...:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Hell yeah. Well, it's not exactly stealing. Like I said in the other thread, I'm entitled to half of the candy. Mostly the chocolates and sweet tarts.:P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It's not stealing if you helped them get it, and tell them "hand me the M&M's, please" :ph34r:

Wendy P.

Mine understands that the Snickers and Whoppers are mine. But, sadly, this may be the last year for the "free" candy. He decided he was too old to go beggin' this year....until it came down to the wire and he decided to walk with his cousins.:)

Oh yes! Without ever being caught during the actual theft, with chocolate stained teeth, cnady wrappers in inappropriate (guilty) places....both kids know exactly where to point the finger. Denial is my friend. They don't buy it! I actually think they must have some sort of new candy accounting app, because i can lift the most obscure piece of candy amonst the proverbial needle in a haystack mound of candy and still get busted.

Still worth the going in stealth mode mode to score a few goodies.

Not stealing, my children know I take 1/2 their candies to work. Though we didn't get 1/2 as much this year as we did last year, due to my son had the flu.

I took my daughter trick/treating for just an hour, and she came back with 1/2 of the king size pillow case filled with candies.:S

I checked their candies every year. I only keep the ones that are fully wrapped & sealed & of course their favorites. The rest, I take to work for the co-workers. My children are only allowed 1 candy per day!;)
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

Of course!!! Our neighborhood is big and spread out so every year one of the neighbors fills a big trailer with hay and all the kids get a hay ride from driveway to driveway. It was really nice. One house gave away candy and a popcorn ball. My oldest said "No thank you" to the popcorn ball. I said "I'll take her popcorn ball" :)

So, now we all know... for me - it is all about the balls! :$

Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I