Skydave103

Gearheads dream cars!

As impressive as the Veyron is, what really impressed me is that Konnigsen made modifications to their car based on the feedback Top Gear made, and sent in the spoiler equipped version back to the show (even after the Stig crashed the 1st one! lol)
Remster

If you like the Veyron, you can buy the 300'000$ watch that goes with it... 5 years ago I worked for the company that manufactured most of the pieces inside that watch. It is truly an impressive piece of engineering, even the movement wheels look like the Bugatti rims!

http://www.thewatchquote.com/Parmigiani-Fleurier-Bugatti-No_3117.htm
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

my all time fav is the Pagani Zonda, followed close by the Aero and the CCR.

damn me and my expensive tastes.

i figured the mclaren f1 would be on the list. . .
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I changed my mind I think I would rather have this one Ford GT turbo charged

But they didn't show it running. Bummer.

Now is the Hennessey Viper a step up or down form the Viper ACR?
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=1102275#7
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

I changed my mind I think I would rather have this one Ford GT turbo charged

I had a boss that kept his Ford GT just a few feet away from my office door. Pretty and interesting, but he almost never drove it.

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would buy a car to be a piece of statuary. Conversely, I can't figure out why anyone would buy a car that expensive and ever use it for normal driving either. It was a bitch to get into and out of and I think every time he ever used it he end up injuring either himself or a passenger with those horrible awful doors with their stupid roof lip.

Anyway, I never did think too much of that car other than it would be a kick to take around a track once or twice and that might be it.

Honestly, I was far more excited about his '57 Belair.

Myself, I'll take a more practical approach to the whole thing and would be much more satisfied with an Audi R8.

Sadly, I've had to settle for something quite a bit less sporty; VW GTI.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

One of my brother's old co-workers and best friend who's a multi-millionaire, has a 1995 or 1996 Mazda Miata. I don't think it's got much more than 1000 miles on it today. He stores it in his garage on a hydraulic lift in the up position. When he wants to take it out for a drive, he'll pour a little gas in it, take it out to the end of the driveway (a long one - 1/4 mile) and back, then siphon the remaining gas out of the tank, put it back on the hydraulic lift, cover it, and raise it. Takes it out maybe once a week. :S

He wants it to be a collectible when it becomes an antique. Another co-worker of his had a Ferrari and drove it every day.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If I had the money and the car, I would have to build a Monster Miata.

If you want a Shelby Cobra 427, then get a Shelby Cobra 427.

Dave, with all due respect, turn in your car guy card. It doesn't matter what you do to a Miata, if you drive it, you'll still be laughed at. (It's not actually a bad car, but holy crap is there a stigma associated with it.)
quade -

If you want a Shelby Cobra 427, then get a Shelby Cobra 427.

Do you know the history of that car? It was a small lame Euro-trash car then made into something cool. Besides, it seems like everyone has built a Cobra. Screw that. I would much rather have something different. Maybe that's why I'm building the car I'm building now. You don't see a lot of them in Texas (although there are many more in SoCal, so you probably don't care).

Have you seen the car that Stacey David is building?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Have you seen the car that Stacey David is building?

Building? Last time I looked it looked like it was built.

As to the history of the Cobra, any and all illusions that it was ever a chick car have long faded into history just like the image of the Mustang before Shelby touched it.

Since that sort of corporate makeover doesn't look like it's ever going to happen with the Miata, I doubt it will ever shake it's stigma no matter what one-off custom builds happen.
quade -

Modern cars weigh a lot what is the weight of a Miata donor compared to a kit cobra?

I don't know. Although i would imagine that a kit Cobra would be lighter since it probably has a tube chassis and a fiberglass body (being a kit).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What's funny is that Volkswagen owns and is building a lot of these cars. Lamborghini and Bugatti especially.... I'll just buy a VW Jetta and call it a day then. LOL

http://carscarscars.blogs.com/index/2004/03/who_owns_who.html

Of that Porsche owns:
-Porsche
-VW (~31%)

So are the VW's or Porsche that are influencing the super cars?

btw i drive a passat.......definately a super car.:D:D hahahaha
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"