warpedskydiver

COD

I can do all the tasks in real life, I suck at the game however.

The controls are small, takes no mechanics of holding the weapon as I was taught and I find it difficult to move/navigate, I keep getting stuck in corners.

Any recommendations or should I just quit while I am ahead?

It looks like it could be fun but my skill sets are of no value in his game.

I don't play a lot of 1st person shooters myself, but I'm thinking that your skills will translate fairly well, you just have to learn how to control the player without thinking about it.
Kinda like driving a car. You don't think "Now I have to lift my foot off the accelerator pedal and move it to the left over the brake and then press the brake pedal" You just think "STOP!!!"

Or freefall skills.

Once you don't have to think about control input to get the actions out, you'll do fine.

The only question is how willing you are to put in that much effort.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Thanks for warning me from this game:D:D

I feel the same with Guitar hero. I play drums and someone showed me a Rush song, "the trees", on the game. That band was my favorite during my learning years. Those songs are second nature to me and I still play them from memory. I got on the game's drumset and couldn't do it.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I know how to play guitar. Do you know how long it took me to get the entire Guitar Hero game down? It was HARD to do the damned game.

Same thing, different task. I know where you're coming from.:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I still have training wheels.

Put a real firearm in my hands or any type of weapon and I will do fine, these games drive me nuts.

I used to fly Sims like Fighters Anthology with the 714libs but this is not very realistic in what is natural to do.

Heck the gun feels like a ukulele or small kitchen appliance.

You cannot shoulder it or aim it like a real firearm.

When you use the sniper rifle you are exposed and seen by everyone, that is not realistic.

HERE I AM SHOOT ME!:S

I gave it to my daughter for Christmas, the kid at the store said it was like real combat, I asked him what that is like...:P:D

He was 17 and I think his voice was still changing, probably waiting for his testicles to descend.:D:D:D:D

That pisses me off too. There's no real effective cover in the game. Seems you're as vulnerable in the prone as you are standing up. If you're playing online, watch kill-cams after you get wasted and you'll be able to see what I mean about being exposed when you think you're behind something. As you play more, you'll see that you'll start moving up the leader board.

What system are you playing it on?
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

I would rather go out and do the real thing.

I don't like watching sports, I like playing them

You'd rather go out and kill people instead of a simulaed game, like Call of Duty:S:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I can do all the tasks in real life, I suck at the game however.

The controls are small, takes no mechanics of holding the weapon as I was taught and I find it difficult to move/navigate, I keep getting stuck in corners.

Any recommendations or should I just quit while I am ahead?

It looks like it could be fun but my skill sets are of no value in his game.

My cousin (38ish yrs) and I (24 yrs) attempted to play COD and experienced the same.

My cousin watched me 'train' for a bit, laughed and turned to his 11 year old son and said "Did you suck this much when you first started playing?" the kid immediately snapped back with "nope", smiled and laughed at me.

I handed the control over to my cousin and told him to try. He spent the next 20 minutes getting extremely frustrated and then quit.

So sad... but I can relate.

The most probable answer is that you're just too old. Over nine, you're past your prime. There's no way anyone over 18 can compete with the kids that play that stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p_02LDlBIE&feature=related

Umm...I am 21 and I straight up dominate the game. I love hearing those high voiced punks screaming over the mic as I pick them off over and over again from the best spots on the maps. Calling me a n00b for my tactics, claim I hack, etc...

The only way to get good at it is to play it. You need to memorize every inch of every map. You need muscle memory built in to the point you can swing a gun around with the stick and stop perfectly with cross hairs on a guy no scoping him clear accross the map. The more you play it, the better you get. Every map has little tricks you need to learn. Secret grenade tosses that will bounce into respawn spots. Watch youtube videos...and play play play. Don't ever expect to be the best at it though. I've been doing first person shooter lan parties for a long long time, and I still look at the top 10 list and wonder how it's possible.

I would rather go out and do the real thing.

I don't like watching sports, I like playing them

You'd rather go out and kill people instead of a simulated game, like Call of Duty:S:S

No shooting and blowing stuff up.:S:|

Why would I rather go and get shot at?

Why must you twist things?

Call of Duty is a WAR simulation game where one of the objectives is to Kill people
You're the one who said you'd rather do the real thing
I didn't twist anything
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

And when I play Guitar Hero, I want to do the real thing as well. So I'll go sit in the other room and pick on my guitar for a while. I don't buy a pair of leather pants and book an arena for a concert.;)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

And when I play Guitar Hero, I want to do the real thing as well. So I'll go sit in the other room and pick on my guitar for a while. I don't buy a pair of leather pants and book an arena for a concert.;)

Yeah but ya would ifn ya could;):ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?