billvon

Heads up to Socal people - rain

Don't know about SoCal but it's already raining up here in NorCal. It's going to be a wet few days.

Battened down here already and waiting for the punch. Wonder which weather guru will be the most accurate. I've read everything from dry to 8 inches, with snow expected as low as 3,000' perhaps.

ltdiver

There's going be a mess on the I-8 and the 5. this is more than someone just spitting out the window.:|

Guess I'll be gearing up the 4x4 today, been pretty much a no show for winter up on the Grapevine and area mountain communities so far with just one shut down as of yet....does make work "interesting" though:P
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Don't know about SoCal but it's already raining up here in NorCal. It's going to be a wet few days.

Here we go. Started about a couple of hours ago down here. Currently just drizzling.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

It sprinkled enough to wet the road over here. Surprisingly, no one lost control on the down hill grade through the neighborhood.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Only a steady light rain since this afternoon here in La Crescenta and we just drove the two blocks up to the base of mountains, and the burn area, for a look-see.

Some water is flowing down the streets but mostly in the gutters so nothing too serious as yet. Tomorrow afternoon should be the first big punch with the hillsides saturated. Earlier this evening the local fire chief held a briefing via the cities TV channel informing folks in our area to be ready to evacuate at anytime throughout the week.

NickD

Here we go. Started about a couple of hours ago down here. Currently just drizzling.

ltdiver

We're getting heavy wind side-ways rain up here right now.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

YUP! :ph34r: I'm glad that we are getting the rain - we need it badly. But I hate having to go out and about in this shit, primarily because 90% of the people don't know how to function in it. And.. I can't even step outside my front porch without getting flooded - I need some platform shoes! lol ;):ph34r::ph34r:

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

YUP! :ph34r: I'm glad that we are getting the rain - we need it badly. But I hate having to go out and about in this shit, primarily because 90% of the people don't know how to function in it. And.. I can't even step outside my front porch without getting flooded - I need some platform shoes! lol ;):ph34r::ph34r:

g

Come on you are in So Cal....

Start a fashion trend...

http://sites.google.com/site/lallenteacher/earthwatchtrip120.jpg

g

platform shoes? More like stilts.... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Same in Ventura county. :P

g

GAWD what a bunch of weather wussies:S

:ph34r:

Two things to think about, my friend.

1) Burn areas + Rain = Mudslides

2) Clay soil + Rain = Flooding

Same in Ventura county. :P

g

GAWD what a bunch of weather wussies:S

:ph34r:

Two things to think about, my friend.

1) Burn areas + Rain = Mudslides

2) Clay soil + Rain = Flooding

DUH

Nope never see any mudslides up here.... ya big weather wussie.:ph34r::ph34r:

We have already doubled our rainful for the month.

http://www.beautifulseattle.com/mthsum.asp

January's 2010 weather for Seattle has brought unseasonably warm temperatures, cloudy skies, and a lot of rain after a very cool, partly cloudy, and relative dry December. For January 1 - 17, there have been sixteen days with cloudy sky conditions and one day with partly cloudy sky conditions.

Precipitation for January 1 - 17 is running over two inches above normal at 5.37 inches compared to the normal 2.89 inches. There have been sixteen days with precipitation. The maximum 24-hour precipitation total has been 1.07 inches on January 11.

Tree blew over into a house where I live (Pine Mountain), killed a young man[:/]

I did a couple transports today driving the I-5 during the worst of it, what a messB|

Its really windy and warm up here on the way to Stevens.... even the snow up there has been sucky.... wet and soggy snow just doesn't hack it.[:/]

And we have mudslides down here in the valley... onto I-5 and rail between Everett and Seattle have that line closed.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002731314_webmudslide10.html

Deluge part 1 is over for now. Everyone report in. All good so far?

Raining again here in NorCal...heard some thunder too. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I heard a total of one (1) thunder. I checked the USGS website to make sure it wasn't an earthquake. I miss real thunderstorms[:/]

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Big trees on the west side of the parking lot at S'nore...lotsa rain softening up soil, gale-force winds=broken and tipped over trees, doing minor damage to a couple of RV's in the parking lot. Lakeshore drive was closed for several hours due to big trees blowing onto the road, a couple of cars seriously damaged, floods across the road,
T'was ugly out there today. And I spent most of my life in tornado alley.

Back in the day there was an El Nino that came aboard at Perris and flooded the entire packing and landing areas. Some took boats out and paddled around it was so deep.

Then there was the Elsinore flood. The entire DZ had to move . . .

Was that '83? I remember that year - it was when Seal Beach Pier collapsed. Twas a doozy.

Things seem well here in Fresno.

The time I remember in Perris was around 1998 or so.

The flood at Elsinore that caused the DZ to move (twice) was in 1980.

See a little history here:
http://projectpi.skydiveworld.com/DZelsinr.htm

ltdiver