stitch

How much will you spend on Valentine's this year ??

I like to give Valentine's to random females to let them know that stalking is not dead.:ph34r: How about the rest of ya ? Any fun to be had here ?
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

My wife and I really don't go for valentine's day, we have our own tradition. We go to Home Depot, which is freakin' deserted on that day, and pick out our Spring project to work on.

When we were first dating, I bought her a chainsaw for Valentine's Day. You should haave seen the look on the clerk's face when I told him it was for my girlfriend for V-day. He knew he was staring at a dead man! (When she got it, my wife called her mom to brag about it!)

Find your way to celebrate your relationship, not Hallmark's or Jerod's. it takes the pressure off mid-febuary, reinforces the things yo like about each other, and makes for better stories!

Jump more, post less!

We'll be heading to Solvang for breakfast, then going to the lake to throw some disc's - under $100.00 (gas, food, park entrance).

B|

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Find your way to celebrate your relationship, not Hallmark's or Jerod's. it takes the pressure off mid-febuary, reinforces the things yo like about each other, and makes for better stories!

SO true. The b.f. and I usually get each other something silly. Last year's led to a great story - he gave me a massive mylar balloon in the shape of a monkey holding a valentine's heart.

We put it in the living room and my cat was immediately fascinated with it, tugging on the ribbon, and watching the balloon bounce up and down.

Well, the ribbon somehow got attached to him, and suddenly he's TEARING down the hall to the other end of the apartment ... with the balloon following him. He does this two or three time, up and down from one end to the other till finally the balloon stops "chasing" him. He then went and hid under my bed. I should give it some context - this is not a scaredy-cat - he readily comes up and checks out all new people in the room, and the only time he goes under the bed is when he's trying to retrieve one of his toys that has ended up there.

So I comforted him and picked him up to bring him back to the living room (and the balloon). Sheer terror! Low to the ground, clearly traumatized, he takes off running again to the bedroom. After a few times of trying to acclimate him (and laughing our asses off at the poor guy in the process), I finally put the balloon in a closet.

To this day, the cat turns tail and runs at even the tiniest mylar balloon. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I voted $0. Not just because we'll be apart on Valentine's Day, but because I cannot stand it!! I've always thought that when you love someone every day is Valentine's Day.

I hate to see the inflated prices for flowers/hard to get restaurant reservations/jewelry advertisements that are aimed at guys... I think they're guilt trips.

And not to be a meanie but I cannot stand hearing any of my girlfriends sulk because they don't have a Valentine. Come on!! We all act like independent women and then Valentine's Day rolls around and it's like a fucking funeral that they don't have a man. Some people want it both ways.... GRRRRR!!! :|

JMHO... :)

Always be kinder than you feel.

I voted $0. Not just because we'll be apart on Valentine's Day, but because I cannot stand it!! I've always thought that when you love someone every day is Valentine's Day.

I hate to see the inflated prices for flowers/hard to get restaurant reservations/jewelry advertisements that are aimed at guys... I think they're guilt trips.

And not to be a meanie but I cannot stand hearing any of my girlfriends sulk because they don't have a Valentine. Come on!! We all act like independent women and then Valentine's Day rolls around and it's like a fucking funeral that they don't have a man. Some people want it both ways.... GRRRRR!!! :|

JMHO... :)

Found anyone to take photos of your boobs yet?, that sad myspace pic needs changing:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I work in a large office. For a single guy, the most fun
you can have is to send yourself some flowers at the
office, with an unsigned card.

The security desk calls you up. You go down and
get them and walk across the floor and put them on
your desk.

If someone (8,000 women) asks, "who are they from?",
just say that you'll read the card later. It will drive them insane.
(They'll read the card while you're in the bathroom)
:ph34r:

:D:D

Vskydiver and I have some old heart shaped candy boxes we drag out each year and refill with some candy the other one likes. She's made me some great cards in the past, and I often give her a little gift of something. She forbids me to buy flowers because the prices are all inflated for the holiday. One of the benefits of joint checking. :)

:D:D

Vskydiver and I have some old heart shaped candy boxes we drag out each year and refill with some candy the other one likes. She's made me some great cards in the past, and I often give her a little gift of something. She forbids me to buy flowers because the prices are all inflated for the holiday. One of the benefits of joint checking. :)

Buy her some nice dried flowers in January and hand em over in Feb;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've never really been big on V Day, but I have always gotten goodies for my kids. This year, they get cash in a card, because they're poor college students, and I'm springing for 10 boxes of Girl Scout cookies this weekend. I think they liked the cookies more than the cash!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I SHOULD be finishing um my coach course on v-day... its gonna be expensive this year, and I wont even get any booty...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The OP should add the option "0 - I'm a woman" :D

It's 0 for me anyway...it's easier and cheaper to get a reservation any other weekend of the year if you want to eat out!

I have been a Barbershopper for over 25 years and one of the fun things to is to go sing for people on Valentines Day.

I've sung at hospitals, shopping malls, restaurants, dentist's offices, factories, offices... name a place and either I have, or I know, someone that has sung in a like situation. The more public the better. Once you sing for one woman in the crowd its fun to listen for the quiet comments many of the other women are making about their significant others and their low expectations for what they will be getting. Of course there was that one very large mechanic that did not look like he enjoyed me singing to him in front of all his buddies but I am sure his wife enjoyed embarrassing him... :P

So here is the shameless plug, Singing Valentines are available all over Canada and the USA. You can get four guys in outfits to show up and sing, usually for pretty cheap, in lots of places. If you are really cheap there is some quartet will do it over the phone (pretty cheesy huh?)

Singing Valentines is a program supported by The Barbershop Harmony Society

Hit the Singing Valentines link and use the Quartet Locator function you too can have 4 guys show up and sing for your loved one.

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I agree. I have got flowers and gifts for women in the past but i dont do that anymore and i tell them upfront. That doesnt mean i dont ever send flowers or anything...just not for this holiday.

A few years ago some friends and I started a tradition. We rent a giant chalet in Gatlinburg TN for the weekend around Vday. We always gett he place for dirt cheap since its the dead of winter but its a blast. Nice new "cabins" with 4-5 master beds, jacuzzis, fireplaces, hot tub, pool table, the works. It ends up being a couples weekend retreat. This way it's more of a gift for both of us and its something we are doing together that is a lot of fun, relaxing, and cheap. Although the women seem to keep changing every year we always have a great time. ;)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero