JohnMitchell

Numbers for the Weekend, April 24-25th.

Okay, I'll lead off.

None of your business : 0 : 0

Poor Vskydiver has the head cold from Hell this weekend.[:/] She's been through about 423 boxes of Kleenex, but is feeling better today.:)
No jumps still, but the surgeon told me this week I could in June.:)
Friday night Valinda and I saw Mike McCready, the lead guitarist from Pearl Jam, and his side band Flight to Mars play a benefit show in Seattle for Chrone's Disease. Man, that guy can shred. It was a great show, as always. I'm already looking forward to next year's.

How about the rest of y'all. Anyone have any fun over the weekend?;)

:)
1 RW for Tim's 1500 and 3FF

Working on swooping and did 1st 90 turn to downwind it.

Man was it fast and didn't get it shut down all the way and tried to run it out on my post fractured ankle. Man if I was on a pond, I would have got some style points for the tumbling.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

:) : 0 (again!) : 0

Went over to the cabin and played lumberjack. Cut down a 122 year old Red Fir tree. It had begun to lean towards the barn so it had to go. I'm pretty sad that we had to cut her down...I always think about the stories they could tell.

Escaped mainly unhurt! Had a moment of stupid Skootzie and was on top of a scrap log pile. Fell through the logs. Lucky as hell that I didn't break my leg. Got one hell of a bruise from it though.

John...happy to hear Valinda is feeling better! :)

Nunya:5:0

Four sweet RW jumps on Saturday (8, 10, 11, and 12-way), and a super-fun coach jump on Sunday with one of those students who has an absolutely infectious attitude and is a joy to teach. :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Nunya:9:0

Eight 2-ways with the awesome boyfriend :) and one solo where I held a sitfly the entire jump (it was my 4th sitfly jump!)...baby steps:)

And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

:)
Working on swooping and did 1st 90 turn to downwind it.

Man was it fast and didn't get it shut down all the way and tried to run it out on my post fractured ankle. Man if I was on a pond, I would have got some style points for the tumbling.

Maybe you should come take that canopy course in May ;)

Only did 2 this weekend.

Congrats Troy!

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Can we count Thursday as the start of the weekend?!

If so then:

;):2::D

Made two fun jumps Thursday afternoon. I saw something that was a first on our slow climb to altitude in the C182. We had storms in the forecast for the weekend and the clouds started moving in Thursday afternoon. I saw a completely formed, rotating dust devil about 5 miles from the dz... we watched it cross to a farm house and then die off and another one would pop up. Freaky weird. It was like watching a mini tornado on the ground.

I opted not to jump after that jump (which maybe I should have scratched but don't need to get into that).

It rained the remainder of the weekend. We were supposed to do four way team practice on Sunday but mother nature stomped on that.

Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

200+:8:Probably

200+ pictures taken on my one camera jump of the weekend... testing my new camera helmet and blow switch. A little blowing gets the camera going at 6.3 frames per second. Don't need to blow so much. :)
7 AFF jumps. So many great students... didn't jump with the same one twice. A few rock solid category C-1 release dives, a couple Cat As, and a perfect D2. So much fun. And that was all on Saturday. Rained out sunday.

Dave

:) : 3 : 0

*Landed my canopy and since I was the last one down I kited my canopy and ran towards the first-jump staticliner I'd just dropped in order to give him a congratulatory gift wrap. :)
*Did a thirty point two-way from six thousand feet with a friend; though admittedly we made 28 of those points *after* landing while waiting for the hop'n'poppers to land. :)
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

One jump with a mate, who is learning to freefly, VERY lazy day at the DZ for me, had planned a 2nd one but the light ran out for us.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

0:6:0

Nice weekend..... 4 of the jumps were with jumpers who fall faster than I do, so I got to do some diving. :)

John, Glad to hear you don't have too much longer until you're back in the air. You have such enthusiasm for the sport and working with students that you are a delight to watch teaching.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

0/0/0 :(

:o : 1 : :D

Just one for me...seems to be a major cold going around since after my one jump I...literally...came down with a pretty bad cold. A bit disappointing since it was looking like a weekend to make a bunch of jumps. Don't think I actually caught it at the DZ since I'd been feeling it coming on all week...but it hit full force and rather suddenly right after my jump.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

You have such enthusiasm for the sport and working with students that you are a delight to watch teaching.

:$ Aw. thanks, Pat. :)
I love skydiving. I love skydivers. What can I say?:D

and guns; dont forget you love guns too! and val, i'm sure you love her as well! and the children, does nobody ever think of the children!

oh, we love you too john!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda