shah269

Women who spend too much time planning a wedding

My mom did the ENTIRE thing. I tried on one dress. Liked it. Bought it- Speaking of- anyone want a free wedding dress?:P Being divorced and having the thing seems crazy.

Oh yah- I also picked my colors. Crimson and Cream.

I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

A mail order minister, a couple friends, a couple more friends with cameras, an airplane, a landing area.

Even better- when one of your friends is a jumper- and also can perform the wedding(thank you internet classes...)
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

The mail order minister being a skydiver was kind of assumed. It'd be real hard to get married in freefall if s/he wasn't.

Naw, you would just need one of those "special" instructors that you were so recently upset about.;):P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

ok, so more than one guy has made the statement that "If women would put as much effort into their marriages as they do into their weddings..."

Why does a fucked up marriage have to be the result of the lady??

Okay, whatever, but every fucked-up wedding is the woman's fault.:P:P You never see the guy pushing that crap over the top like that.:D

:D:D I love watching the show Bridezilla.... Its hilarious how pissed off these women get over stupid crap.

If women would put as much effort into their marriages as they do into their weddings this country would be saturated with happy guys, divorce would not be ubiquitous, and there would be no such thing as "family violence" laws.

Cheers,
Jon

Dude that has got to be the single DUMBEST statement made on these boards EVER:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

and there's some seriously dumb shit posted here...

Well done that man:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

It's not too often that I agree with Squeak, but yeah, that has to rank up there with the most idiotic statements I have ever read on here.

If women would put as much effort into their marriages as they do into their weddings this country would be saturated with happy guys, divorce would not be ubiquitous, and there would be no such thing as "family violence" laws.

Cheers,
Jon

Dude that has got to be the single DUMBEST statement made on these boards EVER:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

and there's some seriously dumb shit posted here...

Well done that man:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

It's not too often that I agree with Squeak, but yeah, that has to rank up there with the most idiotic statements I have ever read on here.

+1

Just to add I think skydiver girls are not your "typical" girls. Unfortunately Shah tries to put us all in the "typical" category. I never dreamed of a wedding when I was a little girl. Not once. I did it once (against better judgement) and it wasn't fancy by any means... the skydivers drank and got naked... and was fun. But I don't see myself doing it again. A piece of paper does not make a commitment... two people do.

edited for spelling
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

I like your wedding :)
Oh and the ring comment. If the guy who proposes to me buys me a ring it will be taken back. Have a lot of friends that have gotten engaged recently. Most have paid in the $8000 range for the ring... Do you know what you can buy with EIGHT THOUSAND dollars?? (you better, youre all skydivers! :P).

I've given this much thought regarding $8k.

Two mail order Eastern European long legged flat bellied perky bobied amazing assed hottie brides.
Why two? Well why not? :)$8k you get two wedding and 4 titties!

3.2.1 (fire and anger will fall upon me.... ;) )
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Even better- when one of your friends is a jumper- and also can perform the wedding

The mail order minister being a skydiver was kind of assumed. It'd be real hard to get married in freefall if s/he wasn't.

Hi Sky,
Yup, my 2nd hitchin' was at the DZ. DEC75 Otay. Our "mail order minister" was a whuffo type an' we said our "I do's" at the pea pit after Jim McDonald, the DZO, shot off a double green verypistol to signal the go ahead!! We put Chris'es ring in its' box in a sock and got a Skydive together. I went out base holding the sock and Chris came in pin, and took ahold of the sock. Jim Spencer, my "Best Man" came in 3rd on wrists and when we all nodded that Chris had the ring I let go to the 3 way and everyone else flew in. Got down , put the ring on Chris and the party started!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Okay, whatever, but every fucked-up wedding is the woman's fault.:P:P You never see the guy pushing that crap over the top like that.:D

No, but you will see the future Mother-In-Law doing it, particularly those without daughters. I have friends that have just handed over wedding plans to their future MIL to keep them happy, as the brides really didn't care all that much and just wanted to be married.

My mom did the ENTIRE thing. I tried on one dress. Liked it. Bought it- Speaking of- anyone want a free wedding dress?:P Being divorced and having the thing seems crazy.

Oh yah- I also picked my colors. Crimson and Cream.

Put the dress in a consignment shop or sell it on ebay. That way you'll at least get something for it, and help bride who can't afford a new dress.

No, but you will see the future Mother-In-Law doing it, particularly those without daughters. I have friends that have just handed over wedding plans to their future MIL to keep them happy, as the brides really didn't care all that much and just wanted to be married.

Fine. Change it from the woman's fault to A woman's fault. ;);)B|B|

Fine. Change it from the woman's fault to A woman's fault. ;);)B|B|

Yeah, I'll give you that.

I like your wedding :)
Oh and the ring comment. If the guy who proposes to me buys me a ring it will be taken back. Have a lot of friends that have gotten engaged recently. Most have paid in the $8000 range for the ring... Do you know what you can buy with EIGHT THOUSAND dollars?? (you better, youre all skydivers! :P).

I've given this much thought regarding $8k.

Two mail order Eastern European long legged flat bellied perky bobied amazing assed hottie brides.
Why two? Well why not? :)$8k you get two wedding and 4 titties!

3.2.1 (fire and anger will fall upon me.... ;) )

:D:D Yes, you COULD buy yourself two mail order brides... I tend to think of that amount of money in terms of gear and jump tickets tho :P

My wife and I planned the entire wedding ourselves. Had it in the front yard of our house under the 100+ year old water oak tree with 100 guests under a big tent. I think everything cost about $2500 (tent/chair/table rental, dress, tuxes, cake, and catering). My parents took care of the rehearsal dinner (also in our front yard with about 30 guests) and wines. My wife's parents took care of the Sunday brunch the morning after in the city.

Will be married 10 years this October. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

ok, so more than one guy has made the statement that "If women would put as much effort into their marriages as they do into their weddings..."

Why does a fucked up marriage have to be the result of the lady??

Unless he hasn't come out of the closet or it's a cover marriage. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

To those that didn't spend huge sums of money on your weddings, congrats.
Like I said me and wife #1 did not either. It was great!
That morning her and I went for a walk and picked up some wild flowers, her dress was something she had laying around, we were married in at the justice of the peace with a few of her family and friends and we had coffee and cake. I loved it because I loved her. I had this silly idea in my little brain that we would last forever because there was nothing i wouldn't do for her. For shutting down a US embassy for not giving her a visa to.....paying for her education and forgoing my vacations so she could go to see her parents every year.
And well all good things do come to an end and I'm actually kind of scared. I do wish to get married again but if the next one is anything like the average chicken head women who morph into a gay version of Hitler.......no thank you!
And $8k for a ring! HA! Like I said for that price I can get two long legged flat bellied perky boobied amazing assed hotties from eastern Europe. Or something that complains much much much less.
So to those that pulled it off, you are my hero's! May you have long and happy partnerships!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

To those that didn't spend huge sums of money on your weddings, congrats.
Like I said me and wife #1 did not either. It was great!
That morning her and I went for a walk and picked up some wild flowers, her dress was something she had laying around, we were married in at the justice of the peace with a few of her family and friends and we had coffee and cake. I loved it because I loved her. I had this silly idea in my little brain that we would last forever because there was nothing i wouldn't do for her. For shutting down a US embassy for not giving her a visa to.....paying for her education and forgoing my vacations so she could go to see her parents every year.
And well all good things do come to an end and I'm actually kind of scared. I do wish to get married again but if the next one is anything like the average chicken head women who morph into a gay version of Hitler.......no thank you!
And $8k for a ring! HA! Like I said for that price I can get two long legged flat bellied perky boobied amazing assed hotties from eastern Europe. Or something that complains much much much less.
So to those that pulled it off, you are my hero's! May you have long and happy partnerships!

And here's to those who don't make the same mistake ONCE! :D:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

HA my first wedding fell into this category - future mother-in-law took over and I ended up with a wedding completely different from what I wanted. I wanted a small intimate wedding in the mountains... I got a HUGE wedding in a swanky hotel - Blech :P

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Cheers,
Jon

Dude that has got to be the single DUMBEST statement made on these boards EVER...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Struck a nerve, eh? What did I say that isn't true?

For a marriage to work the wife must respect the husband, not belittle him, constantly criticizing, nit picking, controlling & pushing him away. She must receive his attention with enthusiasm and desire (okay, once in a while perhaps reluctantly but be there for him anyway because she loves the guy. ) He, in turn, must treat her the same way but most guys don't need to be told this.

When I did radio I spent several years reading police reports, including "family violence" incidents. Without exception, the "violence" was always preceded by the woman treating the man like crap.
This treatment included, but was not limited to insulting, demeaning comments, and a pattern of disrespect that had begun long before cops became involved.

We live in a culture that routinely treats men, especially fathers, with contempt. "Harassment" policies assume the man is ALWAYS wrong any time a woman makes a petty complaint. The invention of "date rape" criminalizes men for getting involved in what they thought was consensual conduct, only to learn that the woman regrets making a slut of herself and is seeking to blame the guy rather than accept responsibility for her actions.

And take note of how many radio & TV commercial scripts are written in such a way as to portray the man as an idiot, while the woman (or the child) is the authority figure who keeps the cool head and has the answers.

I know many people have been conditioned into knee-jerk rejection of Biblical standards, but the best marriages I've known involved people who understand and respect these standards, even if they occasionally fall short in upholding them. Additionally, these are people who may not necessarily have been wedding day virgins, but did not approach the marriage with long histories of cheap hookups, one-night stands, and other promiscuous behavior.

Yes, I'm sure there are cases where the wife does everything right and the guy is just a jerk, but this is not the norm. Ladies, want a good marriage? Treat that guy the way you treated him during those first few months after the wedding.

Cheers,
Jon