shah269

Women who spend too much time planning a wedding

And take note of how many radio & TV commercial scripts are written in such a way as to portray the man as an idiot, while the woman (or the child) is the authority figure who keeps the cool head and has the answers.

That's because men, particularly white men are the only group it's univerally acceptable to make fun of. Make fun of any other group and you risk the screams of racism, sexism, etc. to come out. :S
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

What a coincidence.

My wife and I got married in matching speedo's, and had a bottle of sangria as guest gift.

OOO I'd like to see your significantly better Half in speedos, post the wedding pics Fucker:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If women would put as much effort into their marriages as they do into their weddings this country would be saturated with happy guys, divorce would not be ubiquitous, and there would be no such thing as "family violence" laws.

Cheers,
Jon

Dude that has got to be the single DUMBEST statement made on these boards EVER...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Struck a nerve, eh? What did I say that isn't true?

Cheers,
Jon

No not even a small nerve, it was just that your post is so small minded and misogynistic it was laughable, so too the biblical dribble you just posted.:D:D
If you truley believe both of your posts, i can only say
WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY DUDE. We have television, radio, computers, iPods and educated emancipated women. But dont let the women scare you they are still mostly soft and squidgy and fun to cuddle.:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If women would put as much effort into their marriages as they do into their weddings this country would be saturated with happy guys, divorce would not be ubiquitous, and there would be no such thing as "family violence" laws.

Cheers,
Jon

Dude that has got to be the single DUMBEST statement made on these boards EVER...

Cheers,
Jon

You imply that it is okay for a guy to hit his wife if the wife doesn't treat him right. Talk about blaming the victim. Violence is never okay.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Cheers,
Jon

Cheers,
Jon

You imply that it is okay for a guy to hit his wife if the wife doesn't treat him right. Talk about blaming the victim. Violence is never okay.

I could be wrong here, but I don't think he's justifying violence, merely explaining a possible reason why it occurs.

Explanation is not justification. :)

Cheers,
Jon

Cheers,
Jon

No not even a small nerve, it was just that your post is so small minded and misogynistic it was laughable, so too the biblical dribble you just posted.:D:D
WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY DUDE. We have television, radio, computers, iPods and educated emancipated women. But dont let the women scare you they are still mostly soft and squidgy and fun to cuddle.:)

Cheers,
Jon

Cheers,
Jon

And my personal favourte :D

What a coincidence.

My wife and I got married in matching speedo's, and had a bottle of sangria as guest gift.

OOO I'd like to see your significantly better Half in speedos, post the wedding pics Fucker:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Is he married to a girl? :o

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I could be wrong here, but I don't think he's justifying violence, merely explaining a possible reason why it occurs.

Explanation is not justification. :)Sorry Randy but nothing of what he posted EXPLAINS it it's merely a sorry arsed excuse for it.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sorry Randy but nothing of what he posted EXPLAINS it it's merely a sorry arsed excuse for it.

An explanation is different from an excuse. An excuse (justification) is an explanation with an attempt to justify the act.

Explanation of events:
She yelled and screamed at him. He then struck her.

Excuse or justification attempt:
He struck her because she yelled and screamed at him.

The series of events that lead up to an action such as violence are always relevant if one wants to understand not only what happened but why in order to best mitigate future occurences with that person and others. :)

Sorry Randy but nothing of what he posted EXPLAINS it it's merely a sorry arsed excuse for it.

An explanation is different from an excuse. An excuse (justification) is an explanation with an attempt to justify the act.

Explanation of events:
She yelled and screamed at him. He then struck her.

Excuse or justification attempt:
He struck her because she yelled and screamed at him.

The series of events that lead up to an action such as violence are always relevant if one wants to understand not only what happened but why in order to best mitigate future occurences with that person and others. :) I would call that a Time line or Dispcription of events occurred, not an Explanation FOR them
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

...your post is so small minded and misogynistic...

Um... I've heard this word before. What exactly does it mean?

...the biblical dribble you just posted...

Am I mistaken? The Bible encourages spouses to love & respect each other. Are you saying there's something wrong with this? How would you want your spouse to treat you? Got a better idea?

...WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY DUDE. We have television, radio, computers, iPods and educated emancipated women....

Okay, granted. We have technology & "education." So this means women can treat their men like crap and not cause friction in a relationship? Are you saying it's the man's fault if she treats him poorly and he eventually reacts in a negative manner?

Funny & sad, but I knew this would be the response. Why is it so controversial to suggest that wives treat husbands with respect?

Cheers,
Jon

Okay, granted. We have technology & "education." So this means women can treat their men like crap and not cause friction in a relationship? Are you saying it's the man's fault if she treats him poorly and he eventually reacts in a negative manner?

Funny & sad, but I knew this would be the response. Why is it so controversial to suggest that wives treat husbands with respect?

Cheers,
Jon

Your definition of respect seems to imply complete subserviance to the man. that's not respect that's slavery.

Respect is a 2way street a mutual thing.

Relationship rarely ever fail through one persons actions only. It take two people to have an argument.
and if your wife/partner/significant other is not treating you the way you think she should you might consider a mirror so you can take a look at yourself, to find out what YOU are doing wrong.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It's not controversial. But to say that wives not treating husbands with respect is the only cause of family violence... Well, that's pretty absurd.

I would call that a Time line or Dispcription of events occurred, not an Explanation FOR them

It's really both. :)

...Your definition of respect seems to imply complete subserviance to the man. that's not respect that's slavery...

WHAT? Mutual respect = "suberviance to the man?"

It's not "my" definition.

I said women should respect their husbands. You disagree, and call it "slavery."

In my radio career I never read a "family violence" report in which the man lashed out at a woman who treated him right.

Cheers,
Jon

...Your definition of respect seems to imply complete subserviance to the man. that's not respect that's slavery...

I said women should respect their husbands. You disagree, and call it "slavery."

In my radio career I never read a "family violence" report in which the man lashed out at a woman who treated him right.

Cheers,
Jon

the fact that you can not see the one sided nature of that comment beggars beilief
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Cheers,
Jon

the fact that you can not see the one sided nature of that comment beggars beilief

The real issue is your knee-jerk hostility to the suggestion that wives respect their husbands. As I stated earlier, I never read a "family violence" report in which the wife treated the husband right and he got angry & violent. Are you suggesting I'm lying about this?

Cheers,
Jon

Cheers,
Jon

The real issue is your knee-jerk hostility to the suggestion that wives respect their husbands. As I stated earlier, I never read a "family violence" report in which the wife treated the husband right and he got angry & violent. Are you suggesting I'm lying about this?

Cheers,
Jon

WOW dude seriously how do you even come close to that assumption:ph34r::ph34r:

I have in no way alluded to you lying.
I just cant believe the simplistic view you seem to have on this.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

...I have in no way alluded to you lying.
I just cant believe the simplistic view you seem to have on this...

What's wrong with simplicity?

If I'm not lying, why are you arguing? Are you saying spouses should NOT treat each other with mutual respect?

Cheers,
Jon

People disagree, people argue. But some men are violent, some are not, I think, regardless of what the woman does. I remember helping a woman get out of a violent relationship. She said he hit her a lot, but admitted it was her fault because she "made him mad." He had brainwashed her into thinking it was her fault. Some people are just mad at the world and are looking for a punching bag. Others feel trapped in a relationship. Admit that as a radio announcer, you had no real way of telling what the dynamics of any relationship really was prior to the violence.

I think I know what you are trying to say, that many women seek to belittle and emasculate their mates these days. I have certainly seen enough of these kind of relationships, and they don't tend to last. I'm very lucky to have married a woman who enjoys being a wife, and likes me to be the husband. She often sets my needs above hers. Does that make her subservient? No, it makes her loving. I feel too many couples feel they are in competition with each other, not a partnership. Not exactly the way to make someone feel cherished.

You made my point very well.

I was not just a "radio announcer." I was reading the raw police reports & writing newscasts.

The common theme to this conversation is the eagerness of so many to blame the man for ALL marital difficulties, regardless of facts.

In the '60's Bob Hope was asked his opinion regarding equality for women. He said "I'm all for it, but why do they want to give up all that power?"

Cheers,
Jon

People disagree, people argue. But some men are violent, some are not, I think, regardless of what the woman does. I remember helping a woman get out of a violent relationship. She said he hit her a lot, but admitted it was her fault because she "made him mad." He had brainwashed her into thinking it was her fault. Some people are just mad at the world and are looking for a punching bag. Others feel trapped in a relationship. Admit that as a radio announcer, you had no real way of telling what the dynamics of any relationship really was prior to the violence.

I think I know what you are trying to say, that many women seek to belittle and emasculate their mates these days. I have certainly seen enough of these kind of relationships, and they don't tend to last. I'm very lucky to have married a woman who enjoys being a wife, and likes me to be the husband. She often sets my needs above hers. Does that make her subservient? No, it makes her loving. I feel too many couples feel they are in competition with each other, not a partnership. Not exactly the way to make someone feel cherished.

Whilst Val is an awesome lady, and the way she treats you and her family is great. it is by no means the only way for a loving commited relationship to work.
The Airman guy seems to have a very one sided few of how relationships should work, he has been PMing me and some of his views are scewed beyond belief.

Mutual respect in a relationship is based on what BOTH parties want out of the relationaship. If those ideals are not compatable, it is doomed to turmoil and failure from the outset.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

...The Airman guy seems to have a very one sided few of how relationships should work, he has been PMing me and some of his views are scewed beyond belief.

Mutual respect in a relationship is based on what BOTH parties want...

This is exactly what I was saying. How is this "one-sided" or "screwed beyond belief?"

Mutual respect means not looking down on the guy, telling him he's worthless, pushing him away, and treating him like crap.

This was my original point, yet you felt compelled to argue rather than send me flowers & a high-five.

And why is this type in bold face?

Cheers,
Jon

...The Airman guy seems to have a very one sided few of how relationships should work, he has been PMing me and some of his views are scewed beyond belief.

Mutual respect in a relationship is based on what BOTH parties want...

This is exactly what I was saying. How is this "one-sided" or "screwed beyond belief?"

Mutual respect means not looking down on the guy, telling him he's worthless, pushing him away, and treating him like crap.

This was my original point, yet you felt compelled to argue rather than send me flowers & a high-five.

Cheers,
Jon

Through this whole thing and via PM you have not once acknowledged that the male in said relationships has a role to play.

Why is said woman pissed off in the 1st place, the majority of people i know don’t rag on those they love just for the fun of it. Also like I said in PM is you spouse is pissed off and angry there just might be a reason for it.

You may associate with different folk though.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?