CobraRover

What do you dream about? What was your last dream?

I dont dream very often (apart from when i was trying to give up smoking and was on nicotine patches... they give you some fooking wicked dreams!) but when I do have dreams, id say around 70% of them involve being chased by lions and tigers.

Last night I was driving to Benidorm and i stopped to get out of my car. Next minute there was some huge fooking lion charging towards me. I managed to climb on top of a random locker in the middle of a field and fend it off with the ladder i used to climb up, remembering from documentaries that lions cant climb very well. I wasnt so fortunate last week through. A tiger made me BASE jump off a bridge to get away.... unfortunately though, my dream didnt come equipped with a rig. Wasnt very nice.

What do you dream about the most, and what was your last dream? And is there anyone qualified here to explain why the fook i dream so much about lions and tigers?

* I'm not qualified to say anything. *
but I think I have a solution to get you away from dreaming about lions and tigers...
Before you sleep, just watch or think about Winny the Poo, Care Bears, Gummy Bears, Bear Grylls, Berenstain Bears, Paddington Bear, Goldilocks and then you will be just fine... Oh My!
:P:|

I don't have a license for this.

Wow...I used Chantix and got the most vivid, morbid, full color, 1080i death and destruction dreams ever.

Last night I dreamt the were were doing a demo on Easter but the site was really tight and we hadn't finished our dinner yet. Strange stuff dreams.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Wow...I used Chantix and got the most vivid, morbid, full color, 1080i death and destruction dreams ever.

Last night I dreamt the were were doing a demo on Easter but the site was really tight and we hadn't finished our dinner yet. Strange stuff dreams.

I dreamt about stripping naked on Skype . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

And is there anyone qualified here to explain why the fook i dream so much about lions and tigers?

Complete armchair dream analysis and I'm clearly not a professional so take it for what you will.

Dreams come in two varieties; those in REM sleep and those in non-REM.

Dreams in non-REM sleep replay and connect events of the day. They're fairly mundane and help move memories and learning into long term storage.

Dreams in REM sleep play out "what if" scenarios.

If a person just learned to skydive a REM dream might be about different scenarios skydiving could be used in and weighing the possibilities of using this new knowledge in already known situations. The mind is trying to figure out what to do with the information and how valuable it might be in the future so that when different situations present themselves in real life, you'll be better prepared to select ones that you'll survive.

Both of the dreams you've described sound very much like REM dreams.

The cats in your dreams represent something that is chasing you. I can't say what, but it's something you probably recognize has the potential to destroy you. The locker and base jump represent ways you're thinking of dealing with the situation. The base jump might literally mean going base jumping, but the end of the dream might mean you're unprepared for that as an option or recognize that's not the ultimate solution.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm on the 21mg nicotine patch right now. The past 4 nights have literally been 1 different dream each time. Doesn't matter if I wake up for 5-10min, or go to the bathroom. Dream continues on like I just hit pause. They're also amazingly vivid and a bit more stable than most dreams. Less random than dreams I've had not on the patch.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Next time try to dream that you are with a companion that you can outrun.:)

Well they normally end with me living! For the Tiger dream i was with someone who i could definitely outrun, but unfortunately it didnt quite work out that way. She was at least a mile away in a field when i spotted the unusually huge tiger wading in the grass behind her. I stupidly shouted "TIGER!" to warn her, which of course alerted the Tiger who stared to chase her. I started running as well, and the next thing i knew she was sprinting past me! Only way was the bridge and i woke up when i was falling.

The base jump might literally mean going base jumping, but the end of the dream might mean you're unprepared for that as an option or recognize that's not the ultimate solution.

Ok, my bad - I only used the term base jump here because we are in a skydiving forum, but if I had to describe it exactly as it was I'd definitely call it more of a "suicidal jump". No searching for PC on the way down, more of a "well I got away from the Tiger but SHIIIIITTTT now I'm going to die anyway.

Last night I dreamt that I got fired. After a day of moping around the house I bought a lotto ticket and ended up winning $50 million. :)
I'm quite sure the dream stems from the fact that I currently hate my job, strike that, I like my job, but don't like my management as they have changed recently.

I think I'll go get a lotto ticket soon to see if the second half of my dream pans out. :D

Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

I keep having dreams about my x wife.
and all positive nothing negative.
which is good and bad. good in that I harbor no ill feelings towards her but bad in that I can't live like this I need to get over her if I'm to live a somewhat normal life.
Do you know how much it sucks sitting across from a gorgeous Lebanese women who is talking about how she loves the color of your eyes and all I can think about is how cute my x wife was when it came to always picking up extra food for the animal shelter.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I don't remember my dreams. I can wake up and remember how the dream made me feel, but that's about it. I could count the dreams I ever remember having on one hand, probably.

It's kind of a bummer. I figure people who can remember their dreams have a real insight into themselves that I miss.

Elvisio "maybe it's just a clean conscience... nah, that's not it" Rodriguez

I think remembering your dreams is mostly affected by how you wake up. At least for me it is.

In a normal night of sleep, you have more REM at the end of the night. On a weekend where I can sleep in (and get as much sleep as my body wants), I naturally wake up in an REM cycle and can easily remember my dreams.

Weekdays, when I always use an alarm clock and don't get as much sleep, I rarely remember my dreams.

If you've got the time it helps to lay in bed for a minute after waking up and actively try to remember the dream.

which is good and bad. good in that I harbor no ill feelings towards her but bad in that I can't live like this I need to get over her if I'm to live a somewhat normal life.
Do you know how much it sucks sitting across from a gorgeous Lebanese women who is talking about how she loves the color of your eyes and all I can think about is how cute my x wife was when it came to always picking up extra food for the animal shelter.

All of your posts make me depressed [:/]

go read his thread in GS...;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I dream about gettin' some SLEEP! :|

Goin' on about 4-5 hours worth every 3rd or 4th day! :S

~yeah, got something to do with being 'sick', I'm starting to understand why some people with this are blowin their brains out! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I just did, and oh. Dear. God.

NOW WHOS GONNA GIVE ME THE LAST HALF HOUR OF MY LIFE BACK, EH? >:(