grimmie

The NHL playoff thread!

The third period went as expected. The Sharks were trying to put Wings players out on stretchers. I'm sure, the Sharks were frustrated and showed it. The next game in san Jose is going to be ugly! I just hope, the Wings get through it and get game six in Detroit. What a series!!!

chuck

I hate runaway games for that reason. They get chippy and ugly and people get hurt.

Game 5 won't be a continuation...the Sharks won't want to take penalties and go back to Detroit for Game 6. The Wings can't afford to get into penalty trouble. Soooooo, it should be a good hockey game.

I know which game you watched:D but, what a difference in reffing from the past 3-games. Bill McCreary gave a seminar in refereering. He called it fair for both sides. Good, solid calls. I just hope, the Wings don't get th big head and get sloppy, Saturday. If and that's a BIG if, the Wings can continue to play like tonight, this will really be a good-good series. Sheesh... this ain't good for my nerves!:D

Chuck

These Habs are for real!

Did you ever have any doubts? :);)
:D

This is good to see! Thanks to Gary Bettman and 'parity', we're seeing longer series and there's no telling who is going to win. This is really good for Montreal fans. I'd really love to see them knock-off 'Sid the Kid' and co. :D I'm just tired of all the Penguins hype.[:/]

Chuck

These Habs are for real!

Beaucoup mon ami, beaucoup!! ;)
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Good grief, you do a few house things and the score goes from 2-2 to 6-3 for Chicago! Are the Hawks playing that well or is Luongo doing a Swiss cheese imitation?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

LETS GO SHARKS

Under six hours 'til I'm watching the preskate from the fifth row. Looking forward to seeing some Redwing faces slammed into the glass right fucking in front of me tonight! :ph34r:

On another note, WTF is up with playoff ticket prices? $50 more per seat than regular season, for the same seats? Does that include Vaseline?

Go Sharks! B|

These Habs are for real!

Beaucoup mon ami, beaucoup!! ;)

:ph34r: You and me both!

I was flat out wrong....but happy about that. '71 revisted???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0bj0KkW1OY&feature=related

Nope. Habs lost and the Sharks just started losing to the Wings early in the Second.
--
Murray

Nope. Habs lost and the Sharks just started losing to the Wings early in the Second.

Sharks came right back with a goal of the face-off. Starting the 3rd. 1-1 tie. This is too close... sheeesh!

Pavelski missed a penalty shot! Phew

Marleau just scored... not looking good for the Wings.[:/]

Chuck

This was the worst officiating in the history of the NHL...for that, the Sharks will not win the cup and there needs to be a 10 year curse marked upon San Jose....
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

That was an excellent third period of hockey. For the first time ever, I thought Joe Thornton looked like a man ready to do whatever it takes to win a Cup. Sharks and likely Hawks should be an excellent Series.

Montreal was close to winning that game against the Pens. Fleury really stole that one for the Pens. Habs outshot the Pens 33-25...quite a change from the 40 some shots Halak seemed to face every night against the Caps. But, if Hal Gill can't play...it don't look good for the Habs. I've been really impressed with PK Subban...called up from the AHL and he has been doing a great job for a young guy thrown into the thick of it.

You know, Crosby should really drop the crybaby shit. I can't stand it when he's whining to the refs.
--
Murray

That was an excellent third period of hockey.

That was a fucking amazing game. Well worth the price of admission, even if the refs did suck ass (expected no less of them). It could have gone either way; happily for Sharks fans, Nabby was ON tonight.

Live playoff hockey is so fricking cool!! The noise level in the Tank was unreal, and the noise and excitement level on the walk through downtown San Jose after the game was pretty crazy too!

Oh, and Don? I love you, man, and I know you're going to love sporting that new avatar. :D

I've never seen anything like it! Good grounds for 'conspiracy theorists' but it is what it is. I really do believe, the Wings got the short end of the deal. The Wings had too many sloppy passes and just too many little mistakes. They just didn't play like they did in game four. We can only look to next season. It's going to be a loooong summer![:/]
We can thank the NHL for parity and salary cap for the way hockey is today.

Chuck

and I know you're going to love sporting that new avatar.

It's giving me a rash already.

My 30 days begins.......now. Someone remind me on June 9th so I can delete this hideous shit from my computer.

Gave y'all a new sig line to enjoy also. :P

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."