SkydiveJack

FAA to fine Lodi $664,000

why doesn't DZ.com just make a "hate on bill dause" section all to it self, you guys do a piss poor job of hiding it under the "incident" the OP posts anyways.
also i think it should exclusively entail ppl bashing on lodi who have only heard about the place, never actually been there, i wanna keep our source legit.

Personally, Until now, I had respect for B....(wait, Lodi, to keep in non personal:ph34r:)....So you are OK with him...ooops them , taking "your life" in his....er I mean thier, hands and playing with it?[:/]

I know for a fact, they are not alone with such slack mantainance....they simply got caught.....which does NOT excuse it......But those 10 dollars sundays...probably gonna die..

why doesn't DZ.com just make a "hate on bill dause" section all to it self, you guys do a piss poor job of hiding it under the "incident" the OP posts anyways.
also i think it should exclusively entail ppl bashing on lodi who have only heard about the place, never actually been there, i wanna keep our source legit.

I don't know who "bill" is, nor have I visited Lodi, however, IF they are negligent on maintaining their airplanes, people have every right to "hate" on the operation.... or just not jump there. Either way is bad for the DZ, but it's because of the DZ's neglegence, so...

Just sayin'

i was on an international united airlines flight and a piece of the plane fell off, (just like ron white says, FELL OFF, it FELL OFF, the piece FELL OFF) in flight, the gravity of something like that dawns on you when the ENTIRE 10,602 feet of SFO runway is lined with fire trucks, police, ambulances, and vehicles that make one way trips to the morgue.

thats a billion dollar international corporation and they botched shit worse than BD ever could in his wildest dreams.
i've yet to see shit fall of of BD's plane in flight, im not trippin.

feel free to say i told ya so when i go in on one of his plane but until then ill partake in his business

it would be a phenomenal excuse for getting out of this calc homework too, "well prof, i couldn't do the calc home work cause i got into a plane crash while skydiving" > collect wuffo pussy coupons (redeemable in heaven or hell)
Jump more, Bitch less.

i was on an international united airlines flight and a piece of the plane fell off, (just like ron white says, FELL OFF, it FELL OFF, the piece FELL OFF) in flight, the gravity of something like that dawns on you when the ENTIRE 10,602 feet of SFO runway is lined with fire trucks, police, ambulances, and vehicles that make one way trips to the morgue.

thats a billion dollar international corporation and they botched shit worse than BD ever could in his wildest dreams.
i've yet to see shit fall of of BD's plane in flight, im not trippin.

feel free to say i told ya so when i go in on one of his plane but until then ill partake in his business

it would be a phenomenal excuse for getting out of this calc homework too, "well prof, i couldn't do the calc home work cause i got into a plane crash while skydiving" > collect wuffo pussy coupons (redeemable in heaven or hell)

Now, try and read thsi slowly, because you are obviously toooo emotional abotu Bill..

Imagin you are traveling, you go to a new DZ, and that day, Just after you manifest, you hear the DZ just got fined for failure to mantain their aircraft, and the main jump plane is Grounded..

BUT, they have another plane, they are pretty sure it is still safe...and the owner is a Good Ol Boy , so you can either jump it, or they will refund your money!

Which do you do? trust this stranger? or take your money and leave?

Just because you "think" you know Bill, doesnt; mean everyone else should trust him!

I'm still going to jump at lodi, good people live, work and jump there....

If your really that sure about your DZ maybe ask to see all there maintinance records on the planes they fly, make sure they have spent the money and are fully compliant with every reg out there.

then come back here and tell us how much safer your DZ is to jump at then B & C's.

I'm guessing 95% of you won't have the balls to ask questions about your planes and ask to see the maintinace books, its a lot easy to shoot a dz down when you have never been there, have never jumped there, and have nothing better to do inbetween self harming yourself and masterbating to your witty / negative comments on FB, and dZ.com

:)

I'm guessing 95% of you won't have the balls to ask questions about your planes and ask to see the maintinace books, its a lot easy to shoot a dz down when you have never been there, have never jumped there, and have nothing better to do inbetween self harming yourself and masterbating to your witty / negative comments on FB, and dZ.com

It's easy to shoot down a dz that you HAVE been to as well. It's the responsibility of the operation to maintain their aircraft. It's that simple. Hell of a lot cheaper to maintain your aircraft than to go out of business.

I'm still going to jump at lodi, good people live, work and jump there....

I'd be interested to know is those people were aware of the maintenance situation before the FAA released the statement?

If they were not aware, then they (and you) might want to rethink your choices. They elected to jump there presuming the aircraft was properly maintained, and you have elected to continue jumping there based on those people being at the DZ, even though they made an un-informed decision to jump there.

If they were aware, those 'good' people you're siding with allowed you to consistantly make an un-informed decision every time they watched you board the plane without sharing their knowledge of the lack of maintenance.

Either way, this isn't about good people. All the good will and happy thoughts in the world will not keep the aircraft alot if the control cables should break, or a wing should fall off. It's simple nuts and bolts mechanical stuff.

If you never change or check the oil in your car, sooner or later you'll toast the motor. It might be a month if your car burns oil, or you might make it 2 years if you're lucky. In any case you're mechanically heading down a road with a definite and catastrophic (for the car) end.

Ignoring control cable life limits and corrosion inpections is the same thing. Life limits and corrosion inspections exist because control cables have shown a limited life span and certain areas have been prone to corroding. In the 40+ years that the Twin Otter fleet has been flying, these ares have [proven troublesome. Ignoring them does not make these factors go away, and if you ignore them, you've essentailly started the clock ticking until one of them fails, with catastrophic results.

Better yet, YOU go jump at 60 or 70 different dropzones and come back and tell ME how wonderful your home DZ is compared to all the others...:D...it's a DROPZONE, they all have good people around them.

I've got nothing against Lodi, I do have a problem if any DZO and any Pilots KNOWINGLY operate aircraft that are not in compliance with federal regulations. . .The REASON those regulations are in place, is so I don't HAVE to be an A&P and a NTSB investigator digging up records.

The feds say 'do this' ~ if you don't and get caught, at minimum you get $panked...worse case is a smokin' hole.

IF the DZO @ Lodi was playing fast & loose with the books (again) and rollin' the dice with human life...he should get spanked.

There are still 3 weeks to respond to the allegations, I'm all for seeing how it plays out before condemning anyone...might be a witch hunt, but given 'known tendencies' it very well might not be.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Also I'd like to know what A&P is working on and signing off on these things??

I’m not sure who all supposedly works on the aircraft there but William C. Dause Jr. has an A&P license.

He is also an IA which means Inspection Authorization. This means that he can sign off all maintenance and required inspections on his aircraft. Or not.

I really couldn't care less if there are people out there who want to (or are indifferent to) jump out of sub-standard maintained airplanes.
What bugs me is when a dropzone that has had run ins before with the FAA before manages to attract enough attention that the Secretary of Transport issues a statement.

Skydiving is a small aviation activity that quite often flies under the regulation radar but high profile notice and reports in the media about stuff like this is not helping. I hate that one guy selfishly trying to save a few bucks on maintenance could end up costing everyone else lots of time and money.

>I'm guessing 95% of you won't have the balls to ask questions about
>your planes and ask to see the maintinace books . . .

Doesn't take balls. Just get to know the people who fly their planes and the people who maintain them - then ask them.

>have nothing better to do inbetween self harming yourself and
>masterbating to your witty / negative comments on FB, and dZ.com

I'm glad people got Ted Mayfield shut down. He killed a lot of people. Hopefully Dause will change his ways and not become another Mayfield.

have nothing better to do inbetween self harming yourself and masterbating

You cannot possibly think that such a juvenile remark would remotely help your cause.
Don't you think there's any possibility that someone from the outside looking in is watching these threads? The way you act in public reflects upon your fellow Lodi jumpers. Stop, step out of your high school demeanor, and think.

I’m not sure who all supposedly works on the aircraft there but William C. Dause Jr. has an A&P license.

He is also an IA which means Inspection Authorization. This means that he can sign off all maintenance and required inspections on his aircraft. Or not.

I know what IA means. ;)

I know what IA means. ;)

You're a girl. What could you possibly know about aircrafts and their operations.... ;)

PS: I had no clue what IA meant... :ph34r:
Remster

You cannot possibly think that such a juvenile remark would remotely help your cause.
Don't you think there's any possibility that someone from the outside looking in is watching these threads? The way you act in public reflects upon your fellow Lodi jumpers. Stop, step out of your high school demeanor, and think.

Right on.

@crashtested- you got pwned. I will now proceed to cut myself and wack off to the pwnage.

Airtwardo... i'm with you on the spanking, but thats cause i'm a dirty soab.

All i'm asking for is a bit of open your eyes and look whats going on at your place before spouting off...

theres some religious quote about he who throws the first stone... but you get what i mean...

this fine could be a good thing for everyone, maybe we'll all start thinking a bit more beofe we just jump onto the plane next time at the dz... or we'll force more costs onto the dz's we jump at and they'll end up closing down, because there aint that much money in skydiving.. specaly if your just hucking fun jumpers every day... pay your $40 for your jumps i'll take my chance and pay my $10, when bill stops getting into his planes then so will i...

horses for courses my friends

wow that comment kind of got to you!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do think, i just happen to think that a lot of posters have emo attitudes to life and skydiving... its scary stuff boys and girls... is being a skydiver your chat up line??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right on.

@crashtested- you got pwned. I will now proceed to cut myself and wack off to the pwnage.

You big scary base jumper.... are your E ligal perrine jumps on you tube ?? wow ?:o now you know i love you!! so shhhhh!!

Listern to airtwado... lets hold our horses and see what happens in 3 weeks... is the paper work missing or did they not do it... it'll be intresting to find out.. and let us know what happens when you ask for the maintaince records at your dz.. good luck with that

For me what's most disappointing about what happened at Lodi is this; back in the day we climbed aboard whatever POS plane was available to take us up. I considered it part of the risk of the sport. As I became more experienced I realized that I was actually more at risk of dying in a plane crash than I ever was once I got out at altitude.

I took some time off the sport and when I came back I was pleasantly surprised at the number of turbine aircraft available, and they were in great shape. The sport had changed. Now it appears that it really hasn't. [:/]

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne