guppie01

Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it...

So... I've been busting ass at work, doing the corporate deed, "proving" myself as my boss hopes to retire and is beginning succession planning (me as a hopeful candidate).

Meetings with the CEO / President this week engaged discussions of my performance... blah blah blah, "we think she just isn't mature enough..."

PERCEPTION sucks big fucking donkey dick!

I may as well go back to playing, taking all my time off, collecting my pay and not giving a bloody hell! :P

Beer-thirty somewhere, right~!? ;):ph34r:

Workin for da man, workin for da man, workin for da man...

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Considering the state of the economy and employment I have no sympathy right now for people complaining about their work.

If you don't like your job, try living awhile without one.

You said, "PERCEPTION sucks big fucking donkey dick!"

Yes. Yes, it does.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

That's tough that they are questioning maturity, etc. Were these discussions with the CEO with you present, or did you have a fly-on-the-wall? I would wish you a chance to present yourself to the CEO and maybe dispell any doubts. If that doesn't happen, I think you have to realize that you'll have other chances to advance, so continue to do your best, and burn no bridges. :)
And yes, be thankful you have a decent job. :P:D

Jobs are starting to open up, at least in my industry. They realized they laid off way to many people as a knee jerk reaction to the economy and since have worked employees to the breaking point leading to the loss of even more employees who have quit or relocated due to absurd stress levels.

Having been laid off and now being over worked I have empathy for both. Thankfully they just hired some new people though so as soon as I'm done training them I can go back to normal work mode and maybe not want to punch my monitor as much.
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I understand Quade, and trust me... I knock on wood each and every day that I still have a job. Our company laid off 50% of its staff at our HQ last year...

There is a great deal behind this story (those close to me know - I'm not going to post here)... I'm merely ranting, is it worth the headache, or should I just keep moving along with status quo.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Hey John,

No, I was not present... my boss had the discussions with them. Unfortunate thing is they don't work with me on a day to day basis, thus they don't know my interactions with customers / co-workers.

My boss (my biggest supporter and mentor), is pushing hard for me, and doing his best ease their concerns.

The President has requested to spend a week with me to visit customers and get an overall feeling of how I represent myself and the company. I also have meetings at our HQ next week to review the business plan.

I'll push on...

g
OMG, is she okay?

The President has requested to spend a week with me to visit customers and get an overall feeling of how I represent myself and the company. I also have meetings at our HQ next week to review the business plan.

Flirt with the customers, show the CEO how it's done.

It can't be wrong, it's not on the "10 most inappropriate places to flirt" list :)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm merely ranting, is it worth the headache, or should I just keep moving along with status quo.

And I'm saying with the current atmosphere, you probably don't have much of a choice, but just the fact you can consider it to be a choice puts you in a position above quite a few people right now.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Early in my career I worked my ass off learning the trade and getting my chops at wrenching. I walked fast, worked fast, helped a lot and rose up thru the ranks by learning what the next level was supposed to do then just did it. I never once asked for a promotion or a raise. All the while I was jumping my ass off and running a rural DZ on the weekends. I was playing hard and had a job on the side from time to time. I was too busy to care what The Man had planned for me.

So... Work hard, play hard and live your life on your own terms.

jon

>Flirt with the customers, show the CEO how it's done.

And busting out the restraints would not only help, it would be entirely appropriate.

And now that Banesanura is in the area, hit her up for suggestions. ;):ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In a similar spot and I've been thinking about leaving my job A LOT lately.

I could see where it would be a difficult choice if you are looking at a promotion. In my company that is a long road and a slippery pole to climb. I'm just not willing to play the games or give myself over 100% to climb that ladder.

If you are in good company, you like what you do and they do not want all of you before they consider you for promotions...stick with it. Those jobs are hard to come by.

I hear ya though...workin for da man blows a big one sometimes.[:/]

So... I've been busting ass at work

Well, I probably wouldn't promote you if you couldn't control your bodily functions.;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

and rose up thru the ranks by learning what the next level was supposed to do then just did it.

I've got 26 years on my job, and I've turned down every chance to be promoted. I happy just where I am. :D

But I like your work ethic. I'm the same way, do the absolute best job you can, each time, every time. B|

Considering the state of the economy and employment I have no sympathy right now for people complaining about their work.

If you don't like your job, try living awhile without one.

I've tried both, I've been in a job I hated, or I didn't hate the job in itself, only the people I worked for, and Ive been unemployed. Both things sucked.

The fact that there are unemployed people doesn't mean that people with jobs should put up with anything.

But what do I know, this is a typical AMERICAN thing, and the discussion should be taken to the Speakers Corner.

To OP:

That's the risks when you work for someone. People doesn't get magically smart when they get into management, they're just people. I really do hope it works out for you.

:)
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

>Flirt with the customers, show the CEO how it's done.

And busting out the restraints would not only help, it would be entirely appropriate.

What are you trying to do?>:(

The last dominatrix thread here got deleted!>:(

:):P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Sometimes you can be the most wonderful person at your job and it doesnt matter. I have seen where really qualified people where bypassed and the bosses surf buddies promoted instead ! Other times its just all BS making the other guy appear better. It sucks but you cant do anything about it unless you own the company :S