shah269

So what do you do in the winter?

i break out the aggressive skates and hit the ramps. if the waves are big enough and worth freezing my ass off ill break out the board and catch a few.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

"I'd go south in the winter
and jump and jump and jump."

John, you got the full version of that poem anywhere? Haven't read it for a while, and I really like it!

I was wondering if anyone was going to recognize that verse.

If I could retrieve
the fortune I have spent
Worrying where it came from
not caring where it went
I could live the heady lifestyle
of Playboy magazine
I would see the worldly sights,
that still remain unseen.

I must amount to thousands
I've squandered on the sport
The mark of any jumper
a balance close to nought
But if I had it back
in one financial lump
I'd go south in the winter
and jump and jump and jump.

- Skies Call

Please define the "torture of southern friends"...
I'm thinking Skymama wins.
:P

With my HMB skydiving ways... :ph34r:

Too hot, too cool, too windy, not windy enough, too cloudy, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I broke a nail - gotta find a nail salon, I don't jump with this one, that one is a douche... blah, blah, blah. You get the idea...

Now if I had a paddle I could fit in my suitcase... ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.

Ski, ski and ski some more . . did I mention that I like to ski :P Course that would be why I live in Tahoe . . .

What?[:/]
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Ah the Poconos . . learned to ski as a teen in the Poconos before I moved West for college and stayed. Where do you tend to go? Spent lots of time at Jack Frost and Elk Mtn growing up.

Nice! Jack Frost/Big Boulder or Camelback. I'll go anywhere up there.... just as long as they have high speed lifts.

Went to Blue Knob in Western PA where my exHusband used to ski before he moved to NJ. I would almost die of exposure the old lifts were sooooooo slow. Other than that complaint I loved that old place!! hardly anyone ever around!!
Always be kinder than you feel.

Ski
Play poker
Lumberjack
Continue digitizing the album collection
Harass the cats
Gopher basketball (ranked #15 now)
Read & write
Get rready for spring
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

[replyNice! Jack Frost/Big Boulder or Camelback. I'll go anywhere up there.... just as long as they have high speed lifts.

High speed quads make SO much diffference . . I remember by about 11am there'd be huge long lines at Jack Frost. My Mom and Dad and my brother and his family still ski there and say the lines are still long but the wait isn't so crazy.

Hope you guys see some snow soon. We just got pounded with a week long storm cycle here in Lake Tahoe. Its going to be a skiing Thanskgiviing for us!
"Whatever the future holds down the road, being true to yourself is something you won't ever regret doing. " - airtwardo