Darius11

Note to people who Love TOP GEAR.

Top Gear US was Good!!!! i was sure it would suck but i was wrong.

whereas I agree with you to an extent... I did find a few things dumbed down a bit too much...

like when the introduced the Stig or the fact that they felt a need to have a title for having a celebrity drive the Nissan around the track...

I understand why to an extent but it was still a bit awkward.

All and all it wasn't bad... (I still prefer the original... but I'm hopeful the US version will improve...)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I thought it kind of sucked. I much prefer the original show. Maybe future episodes will be better but I thought most of it was pretty boring, much more scripted, not funny, and well, slow. The british version always has me laughing.

The only thing I laughed at in this one was the guy yelling "FUCK!" every time he shifted the yellow lamborghini.

It was pretty much exactly what I expected.

Dave

:)
thats all.

Yeah, we are going to have to agree to disagree. Had I never seen the UK version, then maybe I could have called this decent. However, all of a sudden expecting loyal fans of the original Top Gear to accept this pitiful bastardization is laughable. I realize that it was only the first show, but everything felt forced, scripted, and precisely zero chemistry between anyone.

Fat boy needs to go.
Tanner can drive like a summabitch, no doubt about it.

All and all I gave it a solid "meh"

Just let us have the original on BBCA, or move it to History channel, but I could barely watch this show.

Don’t get me wrong I love the original but I have watched the German, and Australian version and they are painful to watch.

Nothing will be like the UK one but I will watch Top Gear US again in hopes that the chemistry well develop.

For me the Cobra climbing then diving down above the freeway or road with tanner drifting the Viper on the bottom of the screen was the SHYT. I think I watched that part 5 times just to take in every thing that was going on.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Personally I think JC makes the original, but all three UK presenters have some great chemistry.

The three US presenters seem a bit bland. It is more like the UK show "Fifth Gear". TG-UK is about more than the cars, it's a lads comedy show too.

Unfortunately I don't suppose JC's un-PC attitude will ever fly in the US version.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

I must've been watching a completely different show then :S
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

whereas I agree with you to an extent... I did find a few things dumbed down a bit too much...

like when the introduced the Stig...

But, but... There's already an American Stig!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

They should call it "Bottom gear"
The US people will never introduce a VW as being "able to get from Berlin to Warsaw on one tank of gas"
At least they should have had Buzz drive a Buick Century instead of a rice grinder.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

WTF is "top gear"?[:/]

That's a damn good point.

How can you market a show called Top Gear to nation that only knows how to drive automatic shifts? You people have no idea what gears are!:P

How can you market a show called Top Gear to nation that only knows how to drive automatic shifts? You people have no idea what gears are!:P

Horrible assessment i bet we have more competent standard shift drivers in this country than the population of the UK as a whole
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

As a long time fan to the UK (original) version I found the US bland if not almost painfull at times to watch. There was a severe lack of comedy and no real world reviewing of the vehicles. The UK boys can mix just the right amount of comedy with real world review to pull it off. The UK bosy seem like they know cars and what people want out of them and review them accordingly. Hopefully the hosts of the US verison will develop more of a flow with eachother, these guys almost seem like they really needed to take a road trip together for a few months or something, because right now they act like they hardly know eachother. The intro of the "stig" was lame-o. Jeremy always has some funny lead in to the intro, and the stig always does something comical or is listening to something funnyi in the UK version. No doubt whoever they have playing the stig in the US can drive like hell thoug! Honestly I think these guys really need to grow quickly or there will not be a second season.

like when the introduced the Stig...

But, but... There's already an American Stig!

Funny stuff. Saying that though, surely the UK cant be far behind the US in terms of obesity? I was driving through Liverpool the other day and started counting fat people - out of the first 20 I saw, 12 were fat and 5 were standing at bus stops.

There will be an episode airing featuring skydiving in the near future. It a high altitude jump vs the Ford Raptor pick up truck racing across the desert. I was slated to do the jump in full military gear but last minute filming changes conflicted with my schedule. You'll now see Jeffro doing a bit of head down FFing and some nice canopy swooping at the end/finish line. I've only seen the raw footage so I have no idea how the actual episode will look.

I don't think the US version will be able to meet the standard of the UK version that some people expect, it's a different audience and a different set of hosts. For the US crowd who have never seen the UK version, it may go over fairly well for a few seasons is my guess.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Horrible assessment i bet we have more competent standard shift drivers in this country than the population of the UK as a whole

That's a good point. It really was bad form of me to sully a Top Gear thread with mild xenophobia and crude cultural stereotyping:D

There will be an episode airing featuring skydiving in the near future. It a high altitude jump vs the Ford Raptor pick up truck racing across the desert. I was slated to do the jump in full military gear but last minute filming changes conflicted with my schedule. You'll now see Jeffro doing a bit of head down FFing and some nice canopy swooping at the end/finish line. I've only seen the raw footage so I have no idea how the actual episode will look.

I don't think the US version will be able to meet the standard of the UK version that some people expect, it's a different audience and a different set of hosts. For the US crowd who have never seen the UK version, it may go over fairly well for a few seasons is my guess.

What annoys me the most if that, at this point, from most of the big segments shown on previews, it seems to be exact copies of the segments the UK version did. That, and the guys are definitely not as tight/funny as Jezza and the lads...
Remster

That's a good point. It really was bad form of me to sully a Top Gear thread with mild xenophobia and crude cultural stereotyping:D

:D:D:D

Excellent point.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

For good or bad, they were definitely trying to clone the UK version. Given that, it would have been nice if they could have also cloned the level of production. The instability of their in-car video made it look like a bad YouTude segment.

Very bland compared to the original; especially with the lack of politically incorrect humor.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley