LuckyMcSwervy

How Long Before Vacation Do You Pack?

Someone told me they'd throw some stuff in a suitcase the night before they leave. I almost had a heart attack just imagining that!! The pressure!!! :D

I'm not leaving until the November 30th (but someone's staying at my house, so fuck off burglars) and I'm already packed. Scuba gear, bikinis, sundresses and flippie floppies.

I'm still debating shipping our scuba gear ahead but that will kinda mess with our "go with the flow" attitude of this little adventure. I still have time to make that decision. ;)

I pretty much pull out the suitcase and throw it on the bed in the guest room the minute I hit 'submit' on booking airfare.

What about you?
Always be kinder than you feel.

I have thrown piles of clothes in the car and packed on the way to the airport.

That usually happens on the way BACK -

Get to the airport rental car drop off - pack - turn in the car and get on the plane - running like OJ Simpson through the airport.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

We travel a lot so I'm always 'packed'.

We fly 'standby' so carry on only...usually a mid sized backpack with the essentials for a week. Get home and wash everything, re-stock the personal items, pack up and wait until next time. B|

When weight & size are a real concern you would be how surprised how little ya really need.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Get to the airport rental car drop off - pack - turn in the car and get on the plane - running like OJ Simpson through the airport.

But I'm betting you aren't cutting people's heads off along the way.

But I'm betting you aren't cutting people's heads off along the way.

Not unless they cheat on me with waiters.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

We travel a lot so I'm always 'packed'.

We fly 'standby' so carry on only...usually a mid sized backpack with the essentials for a week. Get home and wash everything, re-stock the personal items, pack up and wait until next time. B|

When weight & size are a real concern you would be how surprised how little ya really need.

You got the life, buddy!! B|

Not unless they cheat on me with waiters.

Waiters need love, too. :P And they were divorced at the time he cut her head off, right?? So then it wouldn't be cheating!!

He didn't do it. He was acquitted, remember?

Someone told me they'd throw some stuff in a suitcase the night before they leave.

I've traveled the world with little more than small suitcase holding just a few items. It doesn't take more than a few minutes for me to pack and I'd be comfortable doing it before leaving the house on the way to the airport.

What's the big deal?

I mean, unless you're scaling K2 . . . so what?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Depends on where I am going and then how long I will be there. If it is a long trip I will start a week early planning what I am taking and practice the pack job so i can get it all in on bag. the final pack is the day prior. If it is just a weekend trip I do it all last minute.

If I remember correctly you pack like you are moving. With that said I think you should start now...:P

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Depends on where I am going and then how long I will be there. If it is a long trip I will start a week early planning what I am taking and practice the pack job so i can get it all in on bag. the final pack is the day prior. If it is just a weekend trip I do it all last minute.

If I remember correctly you pack like you are moving. With that said I think you should start now...:P

Practice packing?? interesting....

I have a kid I have to pack for to. I ca get all our stuff in one bag. Practice makes perfect...;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I have a kid I have to pack for to. I ca get all our stuff in one bag. Practice makes perfect...;)

...and HOW ya pack makes quite a difference in WHAT ya pack! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Sometimes space is an issue, where you are physically limited on how much you can carry with you. Sometimes you're stuck between needing a certain number of things for a bit over a week of skydiving and competition and having to take a small vehicle to get there.

This was taken a few minutes before I pushed out of the garage and hit the road (in the rain) to go to Nationals this year. (Although bulky, it was still less weight than a passenger and an overnight bag).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."