nigel99

Mourning the death of my toy :(

Early last year my wife surprised me with a nice brand new R6 for my birthday.

Well the joys of the current economy we haven't had new business for 3 months now and it is time to start tightening our belts if we intend to stay afloat. So today we phoned the shop to start the process of selling it. The only "good" thing about this is we got it on a special offer from Yamaha and we won't lose any money on the bike despite buying new. With any luck business will pickup before the bike goes.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Seriously hope it works out for you. I've got family members I wouldn't miss as much as my bike.

I know I told my wife if she really loved me she would hit the streets - she said no:S
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Seriously hope it works out for you. I've got family members I wouldn't miss as much as my bike.

I know I told my wife if she really loved me she would hit the streets - she said no:S

Prude!

Tell her she will finally get paid for what she has been doing for free.

Tell her it is good for her educational purposes.

It's like studying abroad.

I sort of know how you feel:(

I've had 2 R6s - I loved the bike so much - Probably the best all rounder that I've every owned (and I've had a few over the years). I always got off those bikes smiling .... well except for the very last 'dismount'!!

So, good luck with keeping hold of her. But at least it sounds like you're not going to lose dosh as well as the bike.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I sort of know how you feel:(

I've had 2 R6s - I loved the bike so much - Probably the best all rounder that I've every owned (and I've had a few over the years). I always got off those bikes smiling .... well except for the very last 'dismount'!!

So, good luck with keeping hold of her. But at least it sounds like you're not going to lose dosh as well as the bike.

Yes without doubt the nicest bike I have ever riden. It is amazing how good a deal we got originally and how well it has kept it's value. Both bikes that I have owned have kept their value unlike cars - the Fazer lost £500 over 4 years but was 2nd hand.

Some gezza was saying that on the tellie the other day too .. he reasoned that it was because of the high price of New bikes at the moment... but in my experience 2nd hand bikes have pretty much always held their value.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Some gezza was saying that on the tellie the other day too .. he reasoned that it was because of the high price of New bikes at the moment... but in my experience 2nd hand bikes have pretty much always held their value.

The R6 had 0 miles on the clock when we got it - brand new registration and it has held it's price (admittedly from a Yamaha sponsored special offer). I think fuel costs are driving bike sales up. Have you put fuel in your car recently - wife filled up the other day £80 for a tank! Can't wait for April when it is going to go up again:|.

There are lot's of guys that have half their stuff, due to AIDS. ;)

not that lucky....just kidding shes the reason i have half the stuff i have these days including two great kids!!! she also gave me the green light for aff and a rig when im done so im a pretty lucky guy all and all

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Damn and I was all excited. Thought this was going to be about a sex toy.

You obviously don't ride bikes! Bikes are a man's sex toy. I am told that women are partial to certain types of bikes for the same reason they like certain seats in a skyvan.

Well never had an R6 so I can't really mourn your pending loss
Last bike I had was a GSX 1100 EZ with only two speeds. I sold it when I grew up enough to
realise it was either the bike or me.

I respect a person that could own a machine like that and have
what it takes to respect the speed limits imposed.

Gone fishing