slappy1

making right on a bet

so, I get this email today from a name/address I don't recognize.

Bengals Bet From 01/16/2010

Megan,

I wanted to send you an email regarding a bet we made 1 year ago today at RP Murphy's bar in Oakley. My calendar had a reminder or I would have forgotten about it completely. You bet me $100 that the Bengals would be in the super bowl this year. Guess what? I win! What say you?

Scott Lawrence

Megan to scottl

show details 4:39 PM (7 hours ago)

If I don't remember it, that means it didn't happen, right?

:)

I racked my brain and came up with nothing. I must've given him my business card as a point of contact b/c he emailed my work addy. there were several one line emails that followed, but the email ball is in my court and I don't know what to do.

should I offer to paypal him the money? do I offer him $40 in max and erma's giftcards that I'd like to get rid of? OR just send him a boob shot and be done with it?

ftr, I'm really poor. so ideally there would be no money leaving my hands (if anything, it would be nice for it to be coming IN)

Do you know this person? If not it could just be some dude hard up for cash, however, if you're like me and get drunk and do stoopid shit you may have made that bet. Anyway, my advice is to do what you think is right.

The cost of that advice is one boobs pic sent to me via PM.:)

Muff #5048

no I have no idea who this person is, but I can almost guarantee I made that bet (I had really, really high/delusional hopes last year/every year).

wouldn't this bet be void since I entered into it in a mentally impaired state? should I make him paypal ME $100 for all the mental anguish he has caused me today?

wouldn't this bet be void since I entered into it in a mentally impaired state?

Nope. If you were in Vegas and drunker than shit you would still lose your money if you lost the bet. Never welch on a bet... it's bad karma. If you cant afford to make a bet, dont make it.

BTW, still waiting for those boobie pics.:)
Muff #5048

I had really, really high/delusional hopes last year/every year

I recognized that the first time I read you were a Bengals fan...(God's team);)

I say just wait until you have the cash. If he gives you trouble, I'll pay it than kick his ass. We're friends...remember?:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I have no idea who the Bangles are or what you should do about the bet but you Avitar reminds me of a very old joke ...

An Eskimo has a breakdown while riding his snowmobile.

He takes it to a garage and the mechanic say he'll take a look and the guys should come back later.

When the Eskimo returns, the mechanic says .... "Ah, it looks like you've blown a seal" ...

...... The eskimo says "No, it's just coffee froth on my moustache."

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

now is that a dollar a boob or do you get the matching set for $1?

What if they don't match?:o Post them quickly that we may dispel such viscous rumors! :ph34r:
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Boobies Bet From 01/16/2010

Megan,

I wanted to send you an email regarding a bet we made 1 year ago at RP Murphy's bar in Oakley. My calendar had a reminder or I would have forgotten about it completely. You bet me a boobies shot that the Bengals would be in the super bowl this year. Guess what? I win! What say you?

Bonfire Boys

:D

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.