shah269

Fear of ending up like a good friend *NOT for the ladies*

Reply to the post you deleted.

Sometimes you open yourself up to it. I've done it and I've sometime deserved the bashing. Our boy Shay here does it all the time. Quite honestly I think he enjoys stiring things up, and that's ok.

I can sit here and hope only one thing. That he never reproduces. As I don't think I can even imagine the damage he could do to children. If a son you end up with another him, and I shudder to think what growing up with a father like him would do to a daughter.

I am consistently amazed that you have not won the following Nobel Prizes:
(1) Physiology - you can determine so much from a woman on the basis of how she looks;
(2) Chemistry - you know what drives chemistry between men and women;
(3) Peace - you add so much to the mutual understanding of of not only men and women, but gays and even jellyfish!

Yeah! I like to call it my unified theory it all boils down to 42 for some odd reason?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Reply to the post you deleted.

Sometimes you open yourself up to it. I've done it and I've sometime deserved the bashing. Our boy Shay here does it all the time. Quite honestly I think he enjoys stiring things up, and that's ok.

I can sit here and hope only one thing. That he never reproduces. As I don't think I can even imagine the damage he could do to children. If a son you end up with another him, and I shudder to think what growing up with a father like him would do to a daughter.

Bro...namaste
(mandated hot chick yoga pose)
http://news.upickreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/yoga-class.jpg
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

However I found the more I searched, the less I found. When I stopped looking and started just watching and listening: :)

Shah - I find you hilarious and you should start a comic strip based on all this. You'd be rich.

Seriously, after all the threads, etc. Sounds to me like you should just stop completely and get over the 1st one completely before trying to fill that void.

Taking a break is hard to do for some personalities, I was one. But it pays off.

A cripes, if you don't want to settle just to be with 'anyone', then just plain don't settle. your friend was an idiot

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No, not always. I am divorced from my first husband. Because we were honest with each other, and because we both trusted each other to have our son's best interests at heart, we ended up with my ex-husband having custody and me paying child support. Depending on our son's needs, we talked about it and whoever was best equipped handled them -- and that varied. And we are not unique.

A lot of good comes from respecting people, and trusting (most of) them to want a good outcome. Not everyone treats every situation as a zero-sum game.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy,
Sadly from having met his wife....he would end up broke living in my office if he "had the talk".
Not everyone is lucky or civilized.
But we can hope that maybe they can try.

If you think you can butter us up with boobies...well, you're right.:ph34r:

I will do my best!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sDp_pE3-DTc/SiLEDNbRNBI/AAAAAAAAK8I/PZFxHYzIf_0/s400/sexy-girls-with-flexibility-36.jpg
http://www.theyogafacts.com/userfiles/2010/5/6/images/Cellulite%20Blasting%20Yoga.jpg

FYI Sadly most Yoga classes look like this [:/]
http://www.theyogafacts.com/userfiles/2010/4/22/images/Yoga%20-%20Business%20promotes%20health.jpg
and not like
http://sierramichaels.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/yoga-pose1.jpg

I partake in sports and activities not to get lucky but because they bring me inner peace.
(yes, i the second shallowest guy I know am looking for inner peace)

A lot of good comes from respecting people, and trusting (most of) them to want a good outcome. Not everyone treats every situation as a zero-sum game.

Don't be silly, Wendy. All women are money-grubbing whores. You must not be a real woman. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Don't be silly, Wendy. All women are money-grubbing whores. You must not be a real woman. ;)

And all men care about it....
http://www.therundown.tv/wp-content/gallery/porschla-coleman-in-king-magazine/z4%5B1%5D.jpg
from left to right long legged, amazing assed, flat bellied perky titties hotties.
Believe it or not I have actually been turned on by a woman's mind before. But it helped that the rest of her looked good too.

>Bro, what 12% girls in this sport? That's like going into engineering class
>and trying to pick up a girl. WHY?

Because then you meet women like Krisztina, Denise, Kelly, Kim, Julie, Christy . . . smart _and_ fit. Kelly was a rubgy player. Julie's a skydiver.

(Or you could be really crazy and look for a female orthopedic surgeon who does triathalons, yoga and skydives. Think of how bad your odds would be _then._)

You've spent a lot of time making lists of all the women you don't want to be with. With just a little more effort you might be able to eliminate all women from your selection pool. Ask yourself if that's a good goal.

(Or you could be really crazy and look for a female orthopedic surgeon who does triathalons, yoga and skydives. Think of how bad your odds would be _then._)

Don't be ridiculous, Bill. A cool woman like that would *never* go for a geeky engineering type. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Believe it or not I have actually been turned on by a woman's mind before. But it helped that the rest of her looked good too.

Don't give in to the trend to suck up to the others here. It would be wrong.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

you should try bikram yoga...it will kick your ass. oh, and i guess i will rub it in, my wife is the hot yoga instructor. :o

Don't give in to the trend to suck up to the others here. It would be wrong.

Yeah she did.
She was a designer. And she was really really cute!
And we really had a good time arguing about modern design and life but I would not have even thought about asking her out if she wasn't cute. Her personality and her smarts were just a very nice added bonus.
Shame that didn't work out.
Such is life.
I just hope I can keep the energy level up to keep going out and doing this little dance to maybe find another girl as cool as her and not settle......

And that's what scares me. Running out of that drive.
And she was a size 0 ;)

>Bro, what 12% girls in this sport? That's like going into engineering class
>and trying to pick up a girl. WHY?

Because then you meet women like Krisztina, Denise, Kelly, Kim, Julie, Christy . . . smart _and_ fit. Kelly was a rubgy player. Julie's a skydiver.

You've spent a lot of time making lists of all the women you don't want to be with. With just a little more effort you might be able to eliminate all women from your selection pool. Ask yourself if that's a good goal.

My impression of Shah is that a "hot" woman is someone who is the type who are scared of opening a car door in case it damages her nails. If I had to stereotype it would be a Cosmopolitan model - not Playboy as they are to curvy:D. I must admit that I am puzzled by how much weight he places on looks. No disrespect but he is no Brad Pitt. 95% of the time I am sure Shah is simply being an A grade troll, but threads like this make me wonder.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Wendy,
Sadly from having met his wife....he would end up broke living in my office if he "had the talk".
Not everyone is lucky or civilized.
But we can hope that maybe they can try.

You can't help your friend except to be there for him.

I am not saying this sarcastically. You may want to think about counseling.

I must admit that I am puzzled by how much weight he places on looks.

Evolution gave us eyes?
Or are you one of those engineering types who uses the line "but she is nice" and then try to convince others to lower their standards?
My engineering "friends" tried that line on me.
Right after the "You should really stop skydiving and riding motorcycles and planning trips to Europe and South America."
Lovely bunch of guys.....big wives. I hear they are "nice"

But I'll lower my standards when the ladies do the same. Till then, eat well, live well and go big or go home.

I think that what people are saying is that there is no risk-free way to be in a relationship. If it's risk-free for someone, it's not a healthy relationship, because there is an imbalance of power.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

No offence, but you're like a woman the way you worry about all that shit, and you just need to get over it.

Or to put it another way, Shah, if you don't quit it, we're going to send
Thanatos over to your house to confiscate your Man Card.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I don't get what the problem is here.... if all you want to do is fuck and not marry.... then just fuck chicks and don't get married.

What is the problem?

Well, that sounds great, but what spoils it for me is that the chicks always have the option to turn me down.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

But I'll lower my standards when the ladies do the same. Till then, eat well, live well and go big or go home.

Have you ever looked around - and I mean really looked around, maybe well beyond your circle of friends - and noticed that there are all kinds of people in happy relationships and all kinds of people in unhappy relationships and all kinds of people in relationships that fall somewhere between the two extremes?

There are rich people who are blissfully happy. There are poor people who are blissfully happy. There are conventionally physically attractive people who are with conventionally physically attractive people who are blissfully happy. There are conventionally physically attractive people who are with less physically attractive people who are blissfully happy. There are less physically attractive people with less physically attractive people who are blissfully happy. There are short people who are with tall people who are blissfully happy. There are fat people who are with thin people who are blissfully happy. There are fat people who are with fat people who are blissfully happy. There are thin people who are with thin people who are blissfully happy. There are old people with old people who are blissfully happy.

I could go on with just about any trait, but I hope I've made my point.

How, exactly, are all those people managing to be happy?

There are rich people who are miserable. There are poor people who are miserable. There are conventionally physically attractive people who are with conventionally physically attractive people who are miserable. There are conventionally attractive people who are with less physically attractive people who are miserable. There are less physically attractive people with a less physically attractive partner who are miserable. There are short people who are with tall people who are miserable. There are fat people who are with thin people who are miserable. There are fat people who are with fat people who are miserable. There are thin people who are with thin people who are miserable. There are old people with old people who are miserable.

How, exactly, are all these people managing to be miserable?