ECVZZ

Rigging prices in your area?

What would you expect to pay your local loft to: R&I Reserve, perform annual pull test (PD), and re-pack your main?

Just curious about how billing for these services vary with geographic location.

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

I believe most riggers in my area are charging $60.00.......including me;)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

And what have you paid for the 2 or 3 repacks you have had?

That was helpful.:|

Twice my rig has been to the loft since I moved to SoCal, and twice I've been charged substantially more than I've paid for the same services in NorCal.

I wondered if this was due to a "regional" difference in rigging charges, or if it was just this particular loft.

BTW... I know Ed, and we tend to give each other shit. You, I do not know...check your PM's.

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

why have them do it?

Laziness, mostly.:D

PD recommends a fabric pull test for it's reserve canopies once a year to verify the integrity of the material.

G. Jones

BTW... I know Ed, and we tend to give each other shit. You, I do not know...check your PM's.

Your response was argueably insulting to the vast majority of riggers in the US who charge $45 or more for a repack; did you think this is perhaps why Sparky responded as he did? Personally, my local rigger charges $45.

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

Your response was argueably insulting

That was the reason for the Tongue, and laughing icons after my stab at Ed.

On the other hand, if Sparky is a rigger, and charges $90 for the services I inquired about in the original post, then he should be insulted.

$45 is very reasonable for a re-pack

G. Jones

Your response was argueably insulting

That was the reason for the Tongue, and laughing icons after my stab at Ed.

On the other hand, if Sparky is a rigger, and charges $90 for the services I inquired about in the original post, then he should be insulted.

Yes I am a rigger and I would charge you $50.00 for a reserve repack and pull test. If I were to pack your main, which I won't do, the price is the same as for any other repack, $50.00. By packing your main I am certifying it as airworthy just like a reserve.

The first time you took your reserve to this loft, did you ask about the cost? If you were unhappy with the price why did you take it back the second time? Rather then appear to be trolling, why didn't you just say how much you paid and ask if others thought it was unreasonable?

What you feel is reasonable for a re-pack does not set the price not does it?

Don't check your PM's.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

LOL, if someone ever charged me $90 for a repack, friggen rose petals with a sweet scent of perfume better fall down on me when use the damn thing.

LOL, if someone ever charged me $90 for a repack, friggen rose petals with a sweet scent of perfume better fall down on me when use the damn thing.

LOL!!! Amen to that...

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

I am a rigger and I would charge you $50.00 for a reserve repack and pull test

That's all I asked originally, thank you.

If you were unhappy with the price why did you take it back the second time?

The first time I had additional work done, and as I was not given an itemized invoice I wrote the extra cost off to the other services.

Rather then appear to be trolling, why didn't you just say how much you paid and ask if others thought it was unreasonable?

My question was concise and legitimate. Because it wasn't worded the way you would prefer does not make me a Troll.

What you feel is reasonable for a re-pack does not set the price not does it?

Never said it did. Simply asked a question, and thankfully, got replies from a bunch of people who seemed to have no problem understanding it to begin with.

If I were to pack your main, which I won't do, the price is the same as for any other repack, $50.00.

Luckily you don't set the prices for anyone else either.

G. Jones

My question was concise and legitimate. Because it wasn't worded the way you would prefer does not make me a Troll.

And when I asked you a legitimate question I get a smart ass reply and a PM.

Never said it did. Simply asked a question,

G. Jones

Yes, you did say what you think a repack price should be.

If I were to repack your main, I am held to the same standards as if I were packing your reserve. You have posted in the past that you would hold your packer responsible for packing a line over. $5.00 or $10.00 does not buy you the same standard that is required of a rigger when he/she packs a canopy. Any canopy.

If you have a problem with the price of a service, any service, it is best to take it up with the person who did the service. The first time you felt the price was too high shame on them, the second time the price was too high shame on you.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

when I asked you a legitimate question I get a smart ass reply and a PM.

Then don't ask smart ass questions.

As for the PM, I told you exactly where I went and what I was charged. Isn't that what you asked? That doesn't need to be said in a public forum.

Yes, you did say what you think a repack price should be.

"$45 is very reasonable for a re-pack" is what I said. Where does that say that I think re-packs should be $45?

You have posted in the past that you would hold your packer responsible for packing a line over

You said it. Pack me a line over, and it's on you.

it is best to take it up with the person who did the service.

Their prices are just that...their prices. Thus the reason for this thread. They're not gonna change their prices because I don't like them, but now that I know they're high even for this area, I will take my business elsewhere and pay more reasonable rates.

G. Jones

Then don't ask smart ass questions.

Dude, check yourself. You're being a bit unreasonable. Want to winge about the price you pay? Talk to the person who charged you. Last time I checked a business could set whatever pricing they wished. There is less expensive rigging in SoCal as well.

Oh yeah. Slack valley is thataway.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Pack me a line over, and it's on you.

I dare you to find a SoCal packer that will pay for your repack, much less your shit for $5 to $6.

You pays your money you takes your chances.

Even a Reserve Packjob isn't "guaranteed"
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The prices in the US are not that high, any of them.
In my area we all charge about US$ 78 for repack, including inspection but not repack of main.
Everything here is more expensive though.
Compare the time spent on a reserve repack to the time spent packing a main. And the responsibility and knowhow.
Why would it not be reasonable to spend $60 on a reserve if it is reasonable to spend $5 on a main that takes a fraction of the time.