lippy

Reflex coming back?

I've heard a rumor that somebody is going to start building Reflex containers again. I havn't been able to find anything that makes this more than a rumor, and thought somebody in here may be in the know.
I got nuthin

And I was just about to chime in with some smart ass comment about being able to put a Crossfire 3 in it....

I wonder if they will still offer the catapult reserve pc system?

I hate the look of full pop-tops, but the other two look pretty decent. Too bad they couldn't have incorporated an "up" main flap though.

Canuck

I've heard a rumor that somebody is going to start building Reflex containers again. I havn't been able to find anything that makes this more than a rumor, and thought somebody in here may be in the know.

I heard a rumor they could be made as well. I suspect if you get ahold of trident they can make you a reflex.

Avgjoe
Hook it for safety

I heard rumor that they had made too many changes to the Reflex design, thus had the TSO pulled on the rig.
Also, I heard the guy that was doing the rigging quit not to long after they bought Fliteline Inc, and the rig again took a dive from lack of experience to build it.

There is also no link to order one on the website.

Rob

You seem to hear many things... you're very near the source so I'd suggest asking them in person about that.

Give it time ... again... it will be in the air.

As for the TSO, that's not void.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Looks they they copied the Reflex, Mirage and Javelin for the three base designs. Oh well, I suppose imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I would imagine that they probably work OK.

I would imagine that they probably work OK.

Are you insinuating that the rig you jump would perform better? Don't use your comfort and fitness spiel either :P
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I heard rumor that they had made too many changes to the Reflex design, thus had the TSO pulled on the rig.
Also, I heard the guy that was doing the rigging quit not to long after they bought Fliteline Inc, and the rig again took a dive from lack of experience to build it.

TSO's don't "get pulled" for too many changes. All one has to do is present the changes to the MIDO that covers that area and and have it signed off, not a big deal.

I suspect that when Ray is ready he'll move forward with it again.

Mick.

There is also no link to order one on the website.

Rob

No, no, I'm way out of that game now. But, if I were a betting man, I would put money on never seeing a new Reflex ever again...

...and the Viper was never a "re-designed" Reflex. The Reflex didn't need any redesign. The Viper was patterned using some of the sizing guides from Fliteline, but it was a fresh cut from the tape up. It took some of the best qualities of other rigs of course, as does every design out there...no one redesigns the wheel. Could have been great...still might be some day! [:/]

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

No, no, I'm way out of that game now. But, if I were a betting man, I would put money on never seeing a new Reflex ever again...

And I would enjoy taking your money!!!!!!! Cuz I still have a couple of brand new un-touched still in the bag ones stashed away.

How are you Ryan, how is everything going?

Mick.

Ok, maybe I should have said "you'll not seen another custom Reflex built any time soon"...for anyone interested in a still-in-the-bag Reflex, Micky's got something for ya! Contact the man and give him your dough!!

Things are going well. Really busy, but satisfied!

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

And I would enjoy taking your money!!!!!!! Cuz I still have a couple of brand new un-touched still in the bag ones stashed away. ***

Care to part with one? I've been satisfied with mine for many years, at least once I found a rigger who could neatly pack it. The pop-top never comes loose between pack jobs, and it's fun to shoot the reserve PC across the room every 120 days. Also, I've yet to find a newer rig with a main PC pouch that I like better. About a thousand jumps on mine and it's still as tight as day one (spandex sucks). I'll take some extra freebags, too, if you've got them.