adventurechick

Favorite Recipe

Alfredo anything!

It's certainly not an exact science anymore, since I stopped following a recipe a long time ago.

Make a roux (1 tb of flour and butter usually, but depends on how big a batch I'm making).

A pint of heavy whipping cream slowly mixed into the roux (more if making a bigger batch).

At least a cup of Parmesan cheese

Salt and pepper to taste.

Let simmer for awhile until everything is all melted together and whatever thickness you like, throw over some chicken and pasta, and eat!

I have so many, it's difficult to pick out a favourite....

• I love to start with Prawns in Olive oil, garlic, ginger and chillie .... but I've also just taken a liking to Mussels in white wine sauce - both served with my own home made bread (by hand not those damned machines!)

• My current top main is Pork steaks cooked with Cardamom and flamed with Pastis - then add some cream to make a sauce and served with Fennel (nice aniseed overdose there me thinks)

• Rounded off with Blackberry & Apple crumble and custard ... Likea momma used to a make.

(.)Y(.)
    Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I have so many, it's difficult to pick out a favourite....

• I love to start with Prawns in Olive oil, garlic, ginger and chillie .... but I've also just taken a liking to Mussels in white wine sauce - both served with my own home made bread (by hand not those damned machines!)

• My current top main is Pork steaks cooked with Cardamom and flamed with Pastis - then add some cream to make a sauce and served with Fennel (nice aniseed overdose there me thinks)

• Rounded off with Blackberry & Apple crumble and custard ... Likea momma used to a make.

• Jeez and you call yourself and Englishman? That food sounds too good, you must have been corrupted by the Europeans.
    Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

1/2 lb hamburger meat
    chili powder
    tortilla chips
    2 avocados
    one small tomato, diced
    ~1/2 cup of pace chunky salsa (spicyness to taste)
    sour cream
    mozzarella cheese
    (jalapenos and beans if so wanted)

Core and skin the avacados into a bowl, mash until only somewhat chunky, add 1/2 the tomatoes, and the pace picante sauce, mix

Brown the hamburger meat with the chili powder on the stove, drain

Lay out chips on a pan lined with foil (about the size of a plate works great)

Line chips with meat, cheese and beans, throw in oven for a few mins (till cheese is melting)

Put guacamole and sour cream on chips, top with rest of tomatoes and jalapenos

MMMMMMMMmm
    "I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
    DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
    I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

A bomb chicken recipe I love:

Brown breasts or tenders in a pan. They shouldn't be fully cooked, just browned.
    Put the chicken in a deep glass pan.
    Add teriyaki sauce and coat.
    Layer Ranch dressing over the whole thing.
    Cover in Cheddar cheese, and bacon bits.
    Bake at ~350 until the cheese is melted.
    Green onions on top are optional.

So good, and so simple. Try it, you will like it.

Not sure if it will become a favourite but I'm making a red-beer-based tomatoe sauce!! :D

Meh.. If it's not good, I'll just wash it down with more beer! :P:D

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
    - Chris Hadfield
    « Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
    - my boss

Bourbon-seared filet mignon.

Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Season the steaks with a pinch of sea salt and some pepper on both sides. Cooking time for the steaks is kind of a WAG, but around 2 minutes per side for a steak about 3/4" thick seems to work well. After searing one side, turn the steaks over and add 3/4 cup of your favorite bourbon (the first time I tried the recipe, all I had was Jack Single Barrel).
    As the steaks are finishing, the alcohol cooks off. Remove the steaks once they're done, and allow the excess bourbon/olive oil mixture to reduce to make a sauce. Drizzle over the steaks and serve with your choice of sides. Grilled veggies go well with it.

This recipe went over VERY well with the nice young lady I cooked it for. :)

The best things in life are dangerous.

Slow cooked beef brisket (not corned)
    2-5 pound brisket
    2 cups chunky salsa
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup worchestershire sauce
    1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
    Season brisket with salt and pepper on both sides
    Mix salsa, sugar, worchestershire sauce, and garlic powder for cooking sauce
    In suitable oven safe coverable pot, I use glass, place brisket and cover with sauce and then cover brisket.
    Cook at 300 degrees for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours per pound. Turn brisket over roughly every 1-2 hours.
    At the end of cooking it will not hold together to turn over!
    Cut the brisket into chunks or slices and cover with the cooked sauce.
    Very easy and unbeleivably good!
    Figure 3/4 to 1 pound per person
    It also makes a very good pulled beef sandwich.

Bourbon-seared filet mignon.

Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Season the steaks with a pinch of sea salt and some pepper on both sides. Cooking time for the steaks is kind of a WAG, but around 2 minutes per side for a steak about 3/4" thick seems to work well. After searing one side, turn the steaks over and add 3/4 cup of your favorite bourbon (the first time I tried the recipe, all I had was Jack Single Barrel).
    As the steaks are finishing, the alcohol cooks off. Remove the steaks once they're done, and allow the excess bourbon/olive oil mixture to reduce to make a sauce. Drizzle over the steaks and serve with your choice of sides. Grilled veggies go well with it.

This recipe went over VERY well with the nice young lady I cooked it for. :)

I tried this tonight. OMG! it was one of the best steaks I ever had! Thank you SOOOO much for sharing! :)

Anytime, me too :-)

Here's one of my favorites!

Lovelace’s Chicken Tortilla Soup

Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Ingredients:
    4 chicken breasts uncooked
    4 chicken bouillon cubes
    3 T of butter
    1 chopped onion
    3 garlic cloves minced
    1 chopped red pepper
    1 chopped green pepper
    1 t of chili powder
    1 t cumin
    1 Serrano Pepper chopped (put a few seeds in the soup)
    Garlic salt and pepper to taste
    1 TBSP of Worcestshire
    1 can tomato soup
    1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilis
    1 ½ c of frozen white corn (yellow corn is fine to use as a substitute)

2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese

½ bag of tortilla chips

Directions:
    Bring a medium pot to a boil. Add chicken breasts and bouillon cubes. Boil chicken until there is no more pink inside. Pick out chicken with a fork & set aside to cool, save the broth. Shred chicken when cooled. In large soup pot, melt butter. Add garlic, onion and sauté until the garlic speaks. Add red pepper, green pepper, and the Serrano pepper. Shred chicken with a knife and add to the mixture. Add chicken broth, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, spices, Worcestshire, & corn. Simmer for 45 minutes on low. Add tortilla chips to the bottom of the serving bowls, ladle the soup over the chips, and then add a good handful of cheese on top of the soup of each bowl. Serve and enjoy :)

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
    SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233