tbrown

Overrated Crap

I'd rather stick toothpicks under my toe nails and kick a wall than watch any movie with Nicolas Cage in it

Ditto, and add Ben Stiller to that list.

Well, I don't like Ben Stiller either, but "Tropic Thunder" was the most hilarious movie I've seen in ages!:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Let's see what else, oh yeah, Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird". I'd rather put my eyes out with knitting needles than EVER hear that song again. Don't play it at your funeral, or I'll walk out on you !

My mom chose that song as my song for high school graduation. It was the first time I had ever heard it. TERRIBLE. from a bunch of drugged out hippies fifty years ago. FTS

My contribution: Pink Floyd's "The Wall".
That song bores me to tears, and I like Pink Floyd!:S

And for the movie category: "The Deer Hunter".
Long, tedious, and pointless.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The DOORS

apart from Roadhouse Blues, most of their stuff is way over rated, include Hendricks and Led Zeplin in that too.
Both Zep and Jimmy were self indulgent wankers, WAY over rated
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The DOORS

apart from Roadhouse Blues, most of their stuff is way over rated, include Hendricks and Led Zeplin in that too.
Both Zep and Jimmy were self indulgent wankers, WAY over rated

BURN THE HERETIC!!!>:(

I'd rather stick toothpicks under my toe nails and kick a wall than watch any movie with Nicolas Cage in it

Ditto, and add Ben Stiller to that list.

Well, I don't like Ben Stiller either, but "Tropic Thunder" was the most hilarious movie I've seen in ages!:D:D:D

Whoa! Did we just, agree on something???

Totally 100% agree!. Except for "Raising Arizona", where I thought he was fantastic. (so, 99.9% agree.) But then, I think his character in that movie was totally suited to his real personality and acting persona.

Agreed, but I'd say Adaptation slightly edges out Raising Arizona for Cage's best performance.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

the word "EPIC"

Not EVERYTHING is "EPIC" people!!!

No the moon was not EPIC last night.

No your bike ride around the park was not EPIC.

No last night at the club was not EPIC.

No that new song on the radio is not EPIC.

>:(
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

the word "EPIC"

Not EVERYTHING is "EPIC" people!!!

No the moon was not EPIC last night.

No your bike ride around the park was not EPIC.

No last night at the club was not EPIC.

No that new song on the radio is not EPIC.

>:(

You're right, they weren't EPIC they were EXTREEME[/RED]:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Any version of CSI. That is some bad TV.

Speaking of CSI, this showed up today on the NANOG email list:
http://www.eintellego.net/public/CSINY.s07e17-fakev6.jpg

From "CSI NY".
What is wrong with this picture?:D
Someone suggested it might be deliberate to avoid the "Tommy Tutone Effect".

CSI did one good thing, it instilled a level of trust of the general public in DNA evidence.

CSI did a lot of bad things: Just because you were an idiot and left your iPod sitting on your seat, got your window broke and the iPod stolen from your car does NOT mean that we're going to pull the CSI van out and do a DNA swab of your entire car. In fact, we're going to be lucky if there are any finger prints since the turd probably didn't touch anything but the iPod and the rock thrown through your window. No I can't lift fingerprints off a rock like they do on TV, it doesn't work that way. I will, however, happily fling fingerprint powder all over the inside of your car to make you feel better!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

CSI did one good thing, it instilled a level of trust of the general public in DNA evidence.

CSI did a lot of bad things: Just because you were an idiot and left your iPod sitting on your seat, got your window broke and the iPod stolen from your car does NOT mean that we're going to pull the CSI van out and do a DNA swab of your entire car. In fact, we're going to be lucky if there are any finger prints since the turd probably didn't touch anything but the iPod and the rock thrown through your window. No I can't lift fingerprints off a rock like they do on TV, it doesn't work that way. I will, however, happily fling fingerprint powder all over the inside of your car to make you feel better!

So it works like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9CynvMlFyo

So it works like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9CynvMlFyo

Pretty much, but being that "truthful" will get you complained on and written up!:o
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

But NCIS (the original), now that's a show. Mark Harmon is a cool dude. My papa and him were roommates once upon a time and played college ball against each other. Got to meet him last time I was in LA.

ETA: Awesome name drop

I think what is overrated are the things people would pick instead of their "hated" alternatives.

For example - I bet after gouging just one eye out with a knitting needle, you would settle for hearing "Free Bird", rather than continue on the other eye. And do you kick both feet at the same time with the toothpicks under the toenails, or after kicking one foot, would you watch a little Cage or Brando rather than kicking that other foot ? I'm also thinking that somewhere along that 50-ft. razorblade slide into the rubbing alcohol, you would put up with one more country song, rather than finish the slide.

That's what I think is overrated.

Kevin K.