supafly

Crossfire 3?

I was looking for Icarus' NZ site and did a search on google for 'icarus canopies'. The description for the site came up as...

NZ Aerosports, Icarus canopies, JVX, GLX, GLS, Crossfire 2, Crossifre 3, Icarus Tandem, VX Extreme, Icarue Extreme, daedalus project, swoop, Team Extreme, ...

A lot of cool stuff seams to be going on over there. As a newly converted fan of the Crossfire 2 (mine should be shipped any day now), I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about a Crossfire 3 in the works or is this too far off yet. Thanks.

--Keith
Arizona Drive 4-Way VFS - www.DriveVFS.com

A lot of cool stuff seams to be going on over there. As a newly converted fan of the Crossfire 2 (mine should be shipped any day now), I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about a Crossfire 3 in the works or is this too far off yet. Thanks.

Interesting. I've had two Crossfires, a 1 and 2. The two is up for sale as I like the 1 better. I'd love to get a jump or two on the 3 though if/when it comes out.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I can't believe this is even a thread. I really doubt that there will ever be a Crossfire 3 released, nevermind one when the Crossfire 2 is still so popular. Talk about the rumor mill! It's pretty obvious why the Crossfire 2 came out such a short time after the original Crossfire, but to continue such a trend, at least in my opinion, would indicate a lack of R&D in the current model.

Canuck

I can't believe this is even a thread. I really doubt that there will ever be a Crossfire 3 released, nevermind one when the Crossfire 2 is still so popular. Talk about the rumor mill! It's pretty obvious why the Crossfire 2 came out such a short time after the original Crossfire, but to continue such a trend, at least in my opinion, would indicate a lack of R&D in the current model.

Canuck

For what it's worth this search http://www.google.com/search?&q=site%3Awww.icarusnz.com%20crossfire&sourceid=firefox yields the following results:

NZ Aerosports
NZ Aerosports, Icarus canopies, JVX, GLX, GLS, Crossfire 2, Crossfire 3, Icarus Tandem, VX Extreme, Icarue Extreme, daedalus project, swoop, Team Extreme, ...
www.icarusnz.com/gls.htm - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

I can't find any reference to the Crossfire 3 on the website as it exists today (though it's possible I just didn't look hard enough), but it must have been there at some point.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I was just looking for the Icarus website and noticed exactly the same thing, came on here to ask the same question but found this thread,
I was thinking of buying a Crossfire 2, but if there is a 3 coming out i think i should wait,

Doesn't anyone from Icarus read these forums? They could answer our question and solve the mystery :D
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

I just talked to an Icarus rep. this last weekend and he said the only new canopies the company currently has is the NEOS and their reserve which is not new but is finally TSO for USA. Also DAEDALUS CANOPIES USA which makes the JVX, GLX, GLS has nothing to do with Icarus (they are two separate companies)
Kirk

I try and remember what the rep told me. It is a new canopy from Icarus that has the middle 5 cells semi-crossbraced. Now what he said is the the crossbracing is more of an arch and does not go clear to the top skin but only partial of the way up.
Kirk

I just talked to an Icarus rep. this last weekend and he said the only new canopies the company currently has is the NEOS and their reserve which is not new but is finally TSO for USA. Also DAEDALUS CANOPIES USA which makes the JVX, GLX, GLS has nothing to do with Icarus (they are two separate companies)
Kirk

I thought Daedalus canopies was a new zealand company. Jyro made the JVX, did he not at nzaerosports?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I give alot of props to Jyro, Tilla and Tony from Nzaerosports. These guys are some awesome people. Use to love watching them come out and demo canopies.

To be honest with you, it would not suprise me is a crossfire 3 was out shortly with these guys at the realm.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

They have alot to do with Icarus.

In new zealand, Jro who i think makes the JVX and also did the safire2 is the same guy who runs dael???dus canopies.

It is called NZaerosports.

Jyro owns this and is a designer of icarus canopies.

Icarus is made in spain and new zealand. Daed???lus and icarus in new zealand are the same company. I also think you will find Jyro designed the FX.

http://www.nzaerosports.com/

Welcome to NZ Aerosports...
Manufacturers and Developers of the ICARUS & DAEDALUS range of Parachutes. Consisting of twelve different performance styles ranging from the ICARUS Tandem canopy to the Daedalus JVX, The worlds leading high performance canopy.

CNC Parachute Cutting Systems and Software. NZ Aerosports canopy design software and Cutting Machines are used by more canopy manufacturers worldwide than any other.

Canopy Development and Product Licensing. NZ Aerosports canopy designs are built under license by several canopy manufacturers worldwide.

NZ Aerosports is based in Auckland, New Zealand. We have been building parachutes for over 21 years with customer service and dealers worldwide.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I realize Jyro designed most of Icarus canopies, however; I was told by an Icarus rep this weekend that Icarus and DAEDALUS CANOPIES are two different companies and are no longer connected in anyway with each other. Now may be the rep has it wrong but I am just going off of what I heard.
Kirk

Maybe two different companies under one roof.?

From Jim Slatons website...

Icarus and Daedalus canopies are both owned and operated by the same engineer named Jyro from NZ Aerosports in New Zealand.

Would be interesting to hear if this is the case that one of the companies have been sold to a new manufacturer.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I was told by an Icarus rep this weekend that Icarus and DAEDALUS CANOPIES are two different companies and are no longer connected in anyway with each other.

I believe you're correct when talking about the US market. NZ Aerosports is the designer for both Icarus & Daedalus canopies.

AFAIK, Icarus Canopise is a company that was formed of serveal persons, some of which included George Galloway, Simon Mundell, Jyro, the company in spain that builds most of them now, and others.....

Not sure entirely who still holds shares in the company, but NZ Aerosports is the company that provided the designs.

AFAIK Daedalus Canopies has no direct relation to Icarus, and the designs are still orginating from Jyro (NZ Aerosports), with lots of input from Jim and his flight team.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.