shah269

Finding happy?

John,
I greatly am honored by the offer and am very grateful but at the moment...don't have $$$.
And no time, classes every Saturday till December.
But I greatly appreciate the offer perhaps I will take you up on it next spring......at the mean time.....I don't know....I was down and thought...ok I'll ride to work to put a smile on my face.....4 freaking gallons of gas in 4 miles.....and before that there was some fun and exciting news regarding more bank fees to adjust my mortgage....I'm thinking I'm going to just my fingers deep in my ears and go hide.
I'm so tired of all the bad news....

As I sit here in a swanky high rise in downtown Houston working on a future oil and gas platform, I can confirm there's plenty where that came from - don't fret over just 4 gallons :P

They say your work should not define your life let alone be the key to your happiness. The past 4 days I had the opportunity to work in an old school with no ac in a room that was sweltering. Yet I can't think of the last time I was so relaxed. On the way home I gave it a bit of thought and realized that it was due to the people. A diverse group half guys and half ladies. And it was a breath of reshape air co pared to the sausage festival that is engineering.

Has any one moved from a gender homogenous environment into a more hetro environment and how was that move with respect to outlook and comfort in your career?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Have you noticed that some foods or vitamins have helped you lighten your emotional state?

No.

Happiness is you, it isn't something that you have, are with out, take or eat.

Happiness does not mean that you are content with your situation or that you have given your goals away to the winds. Happiness is striving for your goals, having a fulfilling state of mind; happiness is being thankful for who you are, not what you want.

It has taken most of my adult life to figure this out, but I'm on the way. It seems like sometimes it is a constant fight to remember this, but you have to remind yourself of this and continue on.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Actually the vitamins have helped me "deal" with the stress. So no it was not a happy pill but a method to deal with the facts on the ground that I had no real control over.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Have you noticed that some foods or vitamins have helped you lighten your emotional state?

No.

Happiness is you, it isn't something that you have, are with out, take or eat.

Happiness does not mean that you are content with your situation or that you have given your goals away to the winds. Happiness is striving for your goals, having a fulfilling state of mind; happiness is being thankful for who you are, not what you want.

It has taken most of my adult life to figure this out, but I'm on the way. It seems like sometimes it is a constant fight to remember this, but you have to remind yourself of this and continue on.

so true Dave so damn true :)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Yes but if you are in a position where you can strive all you want but the facts on the ground are such that you will not be at making any movement towards those goals.....

Case in point as I stated my upside down mortgage. I can't "walk" towards my goal but I can move on other aspects of my life in this case....perhaps a new more vibrant more diversified work environment where the genders are more balanced and I can have more "adult" and "relevant" conversations.

Thus perhaps we can redefine "finding happy" by restating it as "finding hope"

Shah, everyone is different, and I'm glad things are looking up. A good work environment can make a big difference.

But you don't need others to validate your happiness. Vitamins can help nurture your body, giving you brain cells left over to appreciate what's out there.

But happiness is a decision for many people, just as love it -- it's not something that just happens (that's lust and infatuation), it's something you do.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

mine is my wife and kids and friends full stop. Work is only a needful thing it doesn't fill the place they occupy now and never did to be honest been lucky with my kids who yes get told off but on the whole are very easy to parent as they never get in bother :):D everyone is happy. My friends i have really good ones who when the going get tough stand back to back with you these are the ones to cherish the most. As you now they will never let you down and the same goes for them from me :)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Just because I have a good idea what work environment that brings me peace doesn't mean I know how to get there let alone if it would even be possible.

But the hope that I will get there....that's happy.
If there is no hope due to lack of traction then....there is a lack of joy.