JerseyShawn

Soda helps the cure for juvenile diabetes...

When we were little kids, we got to have "pop". A family of six kids, once every two weeks. My mom would buy a 6 pack of Pepsi, and we six kids got to split it, and it LASTED for 2 weeks. Needless to say, we didn't drink much soda. Amazingly, I am diabetic, as are 3 of my 5 siblings. We didn't drink soda, and we are still stuck! Oh yea, my mom and dad were both diabetic, too. I'm thinking that genetics have a lot to do with it. btw, some of us are type 1 some type 2
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I grew up drinking whole milk, water, and OJ. I really didn't want soda.

Girlfriends kids would DIE if all they had to drink was water, the girlfriend too. Yesterday she was out of drinks in the fridge... "we are dehydrating".

Holy shit! There is really nice tasting water from our taps that come from our nice deep dug well. DRINK THE FREAKING WATER.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Girlfriends kids would DIE if all they had to drink was water, the girlfriend too. Yesterday she was out of drinks in the fridge... "we are dehydrating".

It drives me crazy when I see people put soda or tea in their kid's sippie cups! I also don't think schools should have soda machines either.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It drives me crazy when I see people put soda or tea in their kid's sippie cups! I also doesn't think schools should have soda machines either.

I doesn't think they should have soda machines either! :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

It drives me crazy when I see people put soda or tea in their kid's sippie cups! I also don't think schools should have soda machines either.

The messed up thing is most of the juice on the market is almost as bad as soda [:/]B|
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

The messed up thing is most of the juice on the market is almost as bad as soda

True. When my kids were young, I diluted their juice with water. In hindsight, I should have just given them plain water or milk. They don't know what they're missing if they never have it!

A lot of seditary teens will drink Gatorade thinking that it's good for them, but that also has a lot of sugar. My daughter likes Vitamin Water, but that's not any better either.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The messed up thing is most of the juice on the market is almost as bad as soda [:/]B|

Hell, when I was a kid, we got a little bit of soda with dinner SOMETIMES.

During the day, when we got thirsty playing outside... well, you knew where the water hose was. Never did figure out what that metalic taste was from though.:S
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

A lot of seditary teens will drink Gatorade thinking that it's good for them, but that also has a lot of sugar. My daughter likes Vitamin Water, but that's not any better either.

Believe it or not, I've seen people chug gatorades and say they're hydrated...

I can't really stand the taste of the regular ones, the G2's are way better IMO. I never could drink a regular one without washing it down with water.

Our medics would tell us to mix the gatorade 50/50 with water, so you're getting the electrolytes AND the water.

In my mind it may not even be that they think it's good for them, it's the honestly incredible job they've done marketing those kinds of drinks to kids.

Same thing with all the energy drinks. My personal boycott of Red Bull (and all similar drinks as well) continues, but for some reason doesn't seem to be affecting their overall profit margin, for some odd reason. :P

Elvisio "caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, will make your workout LESS effective" Rodriguez

My soccer-playing son has told me that the Gatorade Prime and Recovery drinks actually do him some good before and after his games. (Of course, he drinks as much water that he can during game time, but he's usually on the field for the entire game.) He saw the most impact with the Recovery drink when he was at a tournament and playing 3 games in one day. I was a little skeptical at first because I thought it was all marketing, but he's been playing for 15 years now, so I trust his instinct. Has anyone else tried these?

Actually, I heard an interview recently with a medical researcher who flat out stated that even 100% fruit juice was as bad as soda due to the high natural sugar concentration.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

http://selfishgiving.com/causerants/kfc-doesnt-give-a-cluck-time-with-juvenile-diabetes

Buy a couple of extra large sodas and help yourself to a cure for your newly found diagnosis of diabetes! Two in one, its a great deal!

What will we think (or not think) of next [:/]

KFC is not a place you should go if you are:

A. vegetarian
B. diabetic
C. on a diet

It ain't rocket science people, but it is delicious fried chicken and that's a beautiful thing ;)

http://selfishgiving.com/causerants/kfc-doesnt-give-a-cluck-time-with-juvenile-diabetes

Buy a couple of extra large sodas and help yourself to a cure for your newly found diagnosis of diabetes! Two in one, its a great deal!

What will we think (or not think) of next [:/]

KFC is not a place you should go if you are:

A. vegetarian
B. diabetic
C. on a diet

It ain't rocket science people, but it is delicious fried chicken and that's a beautiful thing ;)

Two out of three aint bad. I don't think it's chicken.

Gatorade is good for prolonged exercise. Skymama, if your son is playing 3 games in a day or even a single 60+ minute game in warmer weather then it is an appropriate drink and will benefit him. Even better is the endurance version G2--same amount of sugar/calories but more electrolytes. For general drinking it is not healthy and tastes (IMHO) disgusting but it goes down great after a long, hot run.

We drink milk, water, and just some lightly sweetened tea at my house (and I also drink black coffee).
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

My soccer-playing son has told me that the Gatorade Prime and Recovery drinks actually do him some good before and after his games. (Of course, he drinks as much water that he can during game time, but he's usually on the field for the entire game.) He saw the most impact with the Recovery drink when he was at a tournament and playing 3 games in one day. I was a little skeptical at first because I thought it was all marketing, but he's been playing for 15 years now, so I trust his instinct. Has anyone else tried these?

I drink a protein recovery drink after each hrs ride I do... It's called milk lol...
Remster

What I don't get is when people bring their kids to STARBUCKS. Yes I have seen this and it makes no friggin' sense
http://3ringnecklace.com/